[GDT] Tues Mar 19 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

3 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Dang, I thought we fixed the medical staff!..Jokes aside I believe his injury occurred against Chicago?..Should never give a shit team like that the time of day, Not worth it.

I agree.  If we meet teams more than 4 times a year then fighting is worth it but if we meet just 2-3 times a year then it's not worth fighting if we don't see them much plus even if bottom 6 player makes a bad play and we likely won't see him if he is sent down to the minors.  

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be nice if we could get an improved Canucks experience off the ice as well

I mean, is this a one-off thing or are they always that skimpy with the fries? I would just ask them to actually fill the container please, which I suspect they normally do. 

On a related note, my kids have been very disappointed in Happy Meals lately. They used to come with a small fries, and now they come with what can only be described as "joke sized". It was like 9 fries last time. Do they do that everywhere now?

jokefries.jpg

• Haha 4

My wish list for this game:

1) Movement and more shots on pp1. Generate scoring chances even if we don't score

2) More offensive zone pressure and chances from Petey's line. Petey needs to be the driver.

3) Win puck battles and draw penalties (need this if I want to see #1)

4) Show push back when the other team starts turning the momentum, either due to weak call or whatever

I actually don't care for a W as much if they can grant any of the above wishes...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

The Sabres are almost finished for the year.  They are on their last legs.

They will try hard and work hard but the Canucks just need to ruthlessly bump them off by refusing to give them life.

Canucks win this one 5 to 2.

Refs don't have anything to do with it.

They need to come out and play a full 60 and they should win anything less than 100% effort we will be in tough. They have played well recently and are desperate for points since they are still in it. Last time we barely beat them 1-0 iirc 

Tooooooo loonnnnnnng between games.

Loving this weather though, makes it easier to go without hockey. Love the home stand. guys get to really figure stuff out together.

6 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Kind of nice to see Garland on the top line, I think he has worked hard enough and played well enough to earn a chance along side Pettersson. 

Wasn't the Canucks' first goal of the season by Garland, on Petey's wing?

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Tooooooo loonnnnnnng between games.

Loving this weather though, makes it easier to go without hockey. Love the home stand. guys get to really figure stuff out together.

Hmmm - cold and rainy here in Palm Springs today.   Some thunder too, rumbling in the mountains 

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If the good Sabres come out to play, the Canucks will have their hands full.  If the young guys doing very frustrating young guy things come out on the ice, the Canucks could end up doing some stat padding at the Sabres expense.

And Sabres will be playing back to back

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

I mean, is this a one-off thing or are they always that skimpy with the fries? I would just ask them to actually fill the container please, which I suspect they normally do. 

On a related note, my kids have been very disappointed in Happy Meals lately. They used to come with a small fries, and now they come with what can only be described as "joke sized". It was like 9 fries last time. Do they do that everywhere now?

jokefries.jpg

USA? May be similar here, been a while since i ordered a happy meal.

I always found the maple leaf on the logo in Canada to be silly pandering.

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be nice if we could get an improved Canucks experience off the ice as well

As much as I responded with an LOL Emoji, this is one reason I don't buy anything at the game other than a ridiculously overpriced beer during the game. I do understand that Aquaman has to make money putting a product on the ice that fans will pay to see, support online, view the broadcasts, etc. ... still, give the lady more than a quarter of a potato in exchange for $10. Only way something like this changes is (i) widespread ridicule by posting far and wide and (ii) don't buy any food products at the game ... Canucks will pay attention to that message.

Mind you, most of the games I end up in a box suite but still, drinks only ...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

We were running late for the "great game" against the caps and decided to grab some 'triple o's" at the rink.

Approx $20 - burger, fries, drink and everything seemed ok by me.

Maybe the skimpy fry scenario was a one-ish off?

dunno.

sorry for those whose experience sucked.

(also never been in a box suite!  lucky fan)

go nucks!

Edited by Canadian_Kanga
more fries
  • Cheers 1

Watched Tocchet's interview, the part about yes we've been starting ok but then a lull. I think I remember where that lull in the second period started early in the season.  It was that really bad second period versus Toronto. Where they came back and took over the game and beat us. We were just standing by watching the game slip away. 

They fixed it but it seems to be creeping up again. What it is or how it is needs to be looked at again and again. Bad habits.

26 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

We were running late for the "great game" against the caps and decided to grab some 'triple o's" at the rink.

Approx $20 - burger, fries, drink and everything seemed ok by me.

Maybe the skimpy fry scenario was a one-ish off?

dunno.

sorry for those whose experience sucked.

(also never been in a box suite!  lucky fan)

go nucks!

Not sure if they still do it but the wife and I used to go early for the "happy half hour" before games for cheap eats. 

• Thanks 1