[GDT] Tues Mar 19 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Interstingly enough and by coincidence, on tonights Global-News sports cast, Squire Barnes reported that JR/PA are NOT going to make an offer to renew Lind-🏠 as they can't justify doing so and paying such big bucks for just a face-off guy who hasn't scored in 14 games!   

This would add credence to the reports by TSN and other Sports Guru's two weeks ago, that the Canucks were franticly trying to unload him at the TDL (just 3-1/2 weeks after his first game with the team) and proof this trade has been a miserabe flop - rivalled only by the Mikayev acquisition.   

Hopefully they've learned the lesson that 'ol Jimbo learned the hard way - to stay away from old washed-up Swedes

I guess we can add him to the long list of them from Pahlsson to Sundin to Arvidson to Samuelsson to Erickson to O.E.L. and now Lind-🏠.    When will we learn?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
Typo
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Buffalo will be on the 2nd game of a back 2 back.

We should handle them.

3rd period & they're up 5-2. Very low shot game. Not far to travel, they're going to show up ready to play. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

3rd period & they're up 5-2. Very low shot game. Not far to travel, they're going to show up ready to play. 

Back to back is no excuse to slack off on a game.

Vancouver needs to start and finish strong.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Hmmm - cold and rainy here in Palm Springs today.   Some thunder too, rumbling in the mountains 

We were down your way for 2 weeks in Feb. couple of rainy days but the rest was warm and sunny. Beautiful area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be nice if we could get an improved Canucks experience off the ice as well

I heard Aqua-lini is getting rid of the ketchup dispenser too and they'll charge $1.50 for one of those little Ketchup packets. This on top of the 13-21% price increases coming next year!     Highway robbery!

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I heard Aqua-lini is getting rid of the ketchup dispenser too and they'll charge $1.50 for one of those little Ketchup packets. This on top of the 13-21% price increases coming next year!     Highway robbery!

Ranks right up there (pun intended) with the report that RyanAir are considering a €1 charge to use the aircraft toilet

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Ranks right up there (pun intended) with the report that RyanAir are considering a €1 charge to use the aircraft toilet

That doesn't surprise me because you have to pay to use a clean toilet all over Europe - the most "nickel & dimed" place on earth!

3 hours ago, Wing said:

My wish list for this game:

1) Movement and more shots on pp1. Generate scoring chances even if we don't score

2) More offensive zone pressure and chances from Petey's line. Petey needs to be the driver.

3) Win puck battles and draw penalties (need this if I want to see #1)

4) Show push back when the other team starts turning the momentum, either due to weak call or whatever

I actually don't care for a W as much if they can grant any of the above wishes...

....you better go light a couple of extra candles at the church tomorrow with a list like that!  That's a "Tall" order for "This Team" these days.....

image.jpeg.b114099a983ef122044917277ccf4952.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

As much as I responded with an LOL Emoji, this is one reason I don't buy anything at the game other than a ridiculously overpriced beer during the game. I do understand that Aquaman has to make money putting a product on the ice that fans will pay to see, support online, view the broadcasts, etc. ... still, give the lady more than a quarter of a potato in exchange for $10. Only way something like this changes is (i) widespread ridicule by posting far and wide and (ii) don't buy any food products at the game ... Canucks will pay attention to that message.

Mind you, most of the games I end up in a box suite but still, drinks only ...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

My reaction after sneaking food into the movie theater - Meme Guy

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

I'll get in early.

Canucks were awesome!

Passing was crisp

Defence was rock solid

Shots were numerous and on target

Amazing game to watch.

Go Canucks goooo, woohoo!

Two points for style, do see your point.

1 hour ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

We were running late for the "great game" against the caps and decided to grab some 'triple o's" at the rink.

Approx $20 - burger, fries, drink and everything seemed ok by me.

Maybe the skimpy fry scenario was a one-ish off?

dunno.

sorry for those whose experience sucked.

(also never been in a box suite!  lucky fan)

go nucks!

i paid 20 bucks for burger and fries at the caps - no drink, soft drinks are $4 a bottle or so and no lid.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Hope they can win this game because if they lose they will likely fall all the way down to 8th or 9th spot by Tuesday night, as there are 4 teams within 2 points of us (3 of them within 1 point) and they all should win their games tomorrow against lesser oponents.  Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So, feel better now?

Buffalo is beating Seattle.

Washington is beating Calgary?

It's all about desire at this point of the season. 

Who wants it more? 

Edited by Jaimito

Yah, well, they tried to play a good game against us, but they were no match. We blew them out of the rink.

You hear the fucking adoring fans cheering us on? Means a lot to us! Were not going to let them down!

All the guys were workin hard tonight, and Tocc had us ready. 

I love it when a plan comes together, yah know?

1b263992f84f6ae4a5a272b17e0288e4dfdcf045

• Cheers 1

P

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

The more I see and hear of Tocchet,  the more I think he's the right coach in the right place at the right time.

Today ...

Love to listen to Tocchets pressers. He really goes deep into explaining everything both good and not so good. 
doesn't throw anyone under the bus, but lets everyone know there's a job to be done. Take ownership of everything and gives credit to everyone in the organisation. Refreshing to listen to him... and yes agree 100%. He is exactly, what the team is needing. 

Edited by spook007
Spelling
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dom said:

Very strange...I think it was Allvin who said he would return in 10-14 days, about 10 days ago. Another setback? 

I'm honestly getting tired of these hand injuries from fighting. It's all because the players can't take their helmets off anymore. Tanner Pearson last year, now Dak. Soucy's hand injury was from a fight too I believe.

I know it's to protect the players when they fall on the ice. But hand injuries are so damn frequent nowadays in the NHL because of this rule.

If we see a ban on fighting in the NHL it will because the insurance companies won't want to cover the cost of players injured by fights anymore lol.

Honestly, i'd like to see an allowance for helmet removals if they keep fighting in the league. The way fights happen now, both refs are there to catch the players and protect them. Make it a rule you can't just start a fight until a ref is there to protect and watch the fight.

Anyways, rant over.

Go Canucks!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2