[GDT] Tues Mar 19 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anyone who breathed on McDavid or Draisaitl got called when I saw Detroit there last season, but you could maul Hyman, Kane and Nurse with impunity it was ridiculous. 

Ya it’s disgusting how much extra attention and calls they get especially when they whine. Give them a few sportsmanlike penalties for all their whining/complaining and it would stop.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NucksFan said:

I thought they were gonna rest him some down the stretch 

Y, me too.

He can use some.  I think without Demko and haven't yet clinched, Coach knows the job isn't done.  Maybe wanted his veteran leadership during this stretch of struggles. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NucksFan said:

I thought they were gonna rest him some down the stretch 

Yeah why not just rest Cole.  He'll be a great player for us in the playoffs with his veteran experience and toughness.  But only if he's fresh and rested for the grind.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Oilers win in OT. Crysaitl on the 4 on 3 PP. 

Just 6 pts (3 wins) behind us now and they have 3 games in hand!    Canucks better smarten up soon because we're already out of overall (presidents cup) lead, conference lead and when Edmonton catches up to us - divisional lead, meaning we'll lose home ice advantage in most rounds - if we go far assuming the better teams move on too.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anyone who breathed on McDavid or Draisaitl got called when I saw Detroit there last season, but you could maul Hyman, Kane and Nurse with impunity it was ridiculous. 

McDavid is the only skater in the league who's on the same standard as the goalies.

Nvm Kane completely interfering with the Dman on his goal, taking him out of the play & allowing McD to slide it in. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Just 6 pts (3 wins) behind us now and they have 3 games in hand!    Canucks better smarten up soon because we're already out of overall (presidents cup) lead, conference lead and when Edmonton catches up to us - divisional lead, meaning we'll lose home ice advantage in most rounds - if we go far assuming the better teams move on too.

I don’t really want to start the playoffs against Vegas anyway.  
If Edmonton could pass us, that would be great.  Let them beat the shit out of each other. 
We will take whatever is left for the 2nd round 

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah why not just rest Cole.  He'll be a great player for us in the playoffs with his veteran experience and toughness.  But only if he's fresh and rested for the grind.

Hopefully and yes Cole really needs a rest or something because he's been making mistakes in every single game including 4 tonight - just the ones I've noticed and it's been getting worse the last 3-4 weeks.     Same goes for some of our stars.  Hopefully they can give a few of them a game off in the last week.

• Cheers 1