[GDT] Tues Mar 19 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

56 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Too much passing around the perimeter and not enough shots on net and crashing and banging. Been the story for I don’t know how long. Time to park a big body in front of their net to clear some space and get clear shots on net.

This!! Exactly 

Park a big guy in there already

Put the onus on them to get him out

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Oh look let’s play Lindholm at 3C again even though it hasn’t been working for about 13 games now and he can’t carry a line!

With Mik & Lafferty lol

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I really wish they'd put Hronek in the shooter/flank/half-wall spot on the 1-3-1 formation. He was deadly from that spot in Detroit. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I really wish they'd put Hronek in the shooter/flank/half-wall spot on the 1-3-1 formation. He's was deadly from that spot in Detroit. 

Who's running left side right now?  Isn't it Miller?  Where would you put him?  He's not a natural bumper nor does he sit at the net.  Miller's go-to move is to skate up to the blueline, button-hook towards the net with the puck and take a leaning wrister.  You'll see it tonight.

For years I've wished to hell the NHL would crack down on embellishment. Some times it's so obvious you have to laugh. A dude gets a chance

to do it on what amounts to a little bump. 

Petey doesn't even do that shit anymore. Really can't think of any of the Canucks that do much. / It aint gonna be easy to implement though. 

Plenty of players almost do it as a part of their job.

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

But wow - at what cost!   Not only did we give up a 1st round pick, a 3rd or 4th round pick, a very highly ranked & talented defenseman prospects Hunter Brzustewicz and defenseman prospects Joni Jurmo and a highly liked player and 40 goal scorer who was pivotal on our PP and line with EP40 in Andrei Kuzmenko but it also changed the chemistry in the room & brought nothing but bad luck for the team ever since - just for a "Rental Player"  and an old swedish one at that which this team has been cursed with for generations with a long list stretching from Pahlsson to Sundin to Arvidson to Samuelsson to Erickson to O.E.L. and now Lind-🏠.    

So in a nutshell i'd go "slightly" out on a limb and say it was at least "a complete disaster" so far - second only to the Mikeyev and  debacle explaining why the canucks were trying to unload him at TDL a couple of weeks ago - only 3-1/2 weeks after his first game with us!  That speaks volumes!

Come on now...

a late first round pick

Hunter who may 'only' be Rathbone AND has said he didn't want to sign with Canucks

Jurmo who is NOT and NHL player

And Kuz who scored an entire 8 goals in 43 games and another 5 in 15 for Calgary... (lets not forget the coach benched him time and time again)

For a, yes, 40 goal scorer, who is strong defensively and on great on the draw...

Best thing is we can walk away and have the cap space as in it self as a win... 

How many treads have been made about players stuck here will not living top to their contract for years on end... Its not so bad after all...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Who's running left side right now?  Isn't it Miller?  Where would you put him?  He's not a natural bumper nor does he sit at the net.  Miller's go-to move is to skate up to the blueline, button-hook towards the net with the puck and take a leaning wrister.  You'll see it tonight.

Miller runs the left side. With Petey struggling, I'd swap Hronek out with Petey. Try that. Keep Boeser in the bumper. I'd even swap Hronek out with Miller just to see if we could get the PP going better. Detroit had Hronek in both opposite flank positions at times.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm honestly getting tired of these hand injuries from fighting. It's all because the players can't take their helmets off anymore. Tanner Pearson last year, now Dak. Soucy's hand injury was from a fight too I believe.

I know it's to protect the players when they fall on the ice. But hand injuries are so damn frequent nowadays in the NHL because of this rule.

If we see a ban on fighting in the NHL it will because the insurance companies won't want to cover the cost of players injured by fights anymore lol.

Honestly, i'd like to see an allowance for helmet removals if they keep fighting in the league. The way fights happen now, both refs are there to catch the players and protect them. Make it a rule you can't just start a fight until a ref is there to protect and watch the fight.

Anyways, rant over.

Go Canucks!

Couldn't agree more. I can't stand stupid and punching helmets on purpose and breaking hands is beyond moronic. Just get rid of fighting in that case. So boring and just wrong. Or more preferably let them both take off their helmets and let them fight properly with a new rule regarding not throwing your opponent's head to the ice with or without a helmet. It's a rough game and hey, no one says you have to fight ... ever.

As far as the game goes we've reached a new stage where other teams are fighting for their playoff lives and we're just jockeying for position and getting our game together. It will be interesting to see how Tocchet and the coaching staff approach the last 6-10 games and what our focus and setup will look like. It's important to be firing on all cylinders the last couple games for sure. Really want to see them ramp it up. Tonight will be a big test vs a young, high flying Buffalo team. These games are incredibly difficult incentive wise but also a great build up for the playoffs.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Couldn't agree more. I can't stand stupid and punching helmets on purpose and breaking hands is beyond moronic. Just get rid of fighting in that case. So boring and just wrong. Or more preferably let them both take off their helmets and let them fight properly with a new rule regarding not throwing your opponent's head to the ice with or without a helmet. It's a rough game and hey, no one says you have to fight ... ever.

As far as the game goes we've reached a new stage where other teams are fighting for their playoff lives and we're just jockeying for position and getting our game together. It will be interesting to see how Tocchet and the coaching staff approach the last 6-10 games and what our focus and setup will look like. It's important to be firing on all cylinders the last couple games for sure. Really want to see them ramp it up. Tonight will be a big test vs a young, high flying Buffalo team. These games are incredibly difficult incentive wise but also a great build up for the playoffs.

For sure, well said.

We are getting every teams best right now. I hate to say we are in cruise control. But in a sense we are kinda saving it for the post season it seems.

Which i’m not against. But you gotta still play a solid 60.

The Colorado and Washington games worry me. But this group has bounced back all season long. So I have a longer leash patience wise for them.

Tonight, I wanna see full 60. And a win. Get the stain of the last 2 losses out of them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Offense needs net front presence. In our view shots on net lacks on execution. 

Solve this and we are good.

Miller stays mobile and that works but you are right about getting a mean, nasty net front presence. Imagine Zadorov on the #1 PP.