[GDT] Tues Mar 19 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Buffalo Sabres - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

36 minutes ago, Grinch said:

When do we clinch so I can sop clenching 

Two more W or so.  Have 92 pts now.  

They are not playing like they are chasing the playoff spot, while their opponents are.  Need to get some urgency back into their game.  Not just the first 5 mins of the game but closer to a full 60 mins. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This is a perfect game to generate some momentum for this homestand. Thought Washington was that game, lucky we have another less then stellar team tonight to rectify that.

Need the top guys to step up. Miller has a long leash, he has earned a few games of leniency. Petey, however, needs to have a big game. He has been too quiet lately and needs to play like he is the highest paid player on the team. Lindy needs a goal or a couple points tonight, like his d game, but we didnt trade for him to put up 7 points in I think 19 games so far. Though to be fair, its not like anyone not named Miller, Boeser and Hughes have been generating many points. 

Joshua being hurt sucks, but losing a third line winger is no excuse for everybody else going cold offensively. 

Hopefully, we have a good team game, I expect lulls and times where Buffalo will be pouring it on, but if we can get pressure from each of our lines and not solely rely on the Miller line, then I think we take this 5-3. Buffalo makes it 4 -3 late in the third before we get an empty netter to put it away.

Lets go Canucks!!!

• Cheers 2

The only crying I see are the posters who are crying about perceived crying in a different thread.

Why are they trying to drag that crap in here?

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • MillerTime 1

11 minutes ago, vcBrett said:

This is a perfect game to generate some momentum for this homestand. Thought Washington was that game, lucky we have another less then stellar team tonight to rectify that.

Need the top guys to step up. Miller has a long leash, he has earned a few games of leniency. Petey, however, needs to have a big game. He has been too quiet lately and needs to play like he is the highest paid player on the team. Lindy needs a goal or a couple points tonight, like his d game, but we didnt trade for him to put up 7 points in I think 19 games so far. Though to be fair, its not like anyone not named Miller, Boeser and Hughes have been generating many points. 

Joshua being hurt sucks, but losing a third line winger is no excuse for everybody else going cold offensively. 

Hopefully, we have a good team game, I expect lulls and times where Buffalo will be pouring it on, but if we can get pressure from each of our lines and not solely rely on the Miller line, then I think we take this 5-3. Buffalo makes it 4 -3 late in the third before we get an empty netter to put it away.

Lets go Canucks!!!

Good post! Both Petey and Lindholm know they need to be better. By now everyone on the team knows what needs to be done and what they need to do. Now it's about execution and elevating their game. 

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Fully agree in sentiment with your entire post but I can't recall ever seeing a ref  'catch' a falling player in the course of a fight and can't imagine it happening or the idea of it playing a role in any rules or policies. Seen them break up many fights and step in in various ways but never seen them rush to keep a falling playing from hitting their head on the ice.

I work in social work / health care and most agencies, including ours, have a 'no catch' policy around supported individuals. Rationale is that it's almost impossible to do and the worker attempting to do so is often injured in the process. Often worse so than the individual falling would have been. It's an instinctual response that many of us do in the spur of the moment but we're encouraged to focus on removing hazards (aside from the ground itself of course) that the falling person could hit on the way down as opposed to trying to catch them or break their fall.

Not sure the NHL would have anything similar in place to protect officials but just thought I'd throw that in as related point of interest

Not a fan of fights in games but understand their place and doubt they're going anywhere for some time

I only reference this because I saw it on instagram not too long ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHL had a similar no catch policy that you reference though. 

https://x.com/ScoutingTheRefs/status/1728453496406704614?s=20

Here’s the write-up from the same.

https://scoutingtherefs.com/2023/11/42364/linesman-tyson-baker-to-the-rescue/

Sorry I can’t figure out how to embed video 🙃

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Thanks 1

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

COZY GAME

COMPETE

GOTTA WIN

HANSON BROTHERS

NO CRYING

SKIMPY FRIES

QUARTER POTATO LADY

NO EXCUSES

SQUIRE BARNES

FIGHTING BUCKETS

BROKEN HANDS

STEINER BOOLEAN

LOSING SHIZZ

CLINCH CLENCH

MORE FRIES

DO SOMETHING

JUST WIN

gioated-family-guy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

COZY GAME

COMPETE

GOTTA WIN

HANSON BROTHERS

NO CRYING

SKIMPY FRIES

QUARTER POTATO LADY

NO EXCUSES

SQUIRE BARNES

FIGHTING BUCKETS

BROKEN HANDS

STEINER BOOLEAN

LOSING SHIZZ

CLINCH CLENCH

MORE FRIES

DO SOMETHING

JUST WIN

gioated-family-guy.gif

Biggest game of his Career with the Canucks for Lindholm tonight

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The only crying I see are the posters who are crying about perceived crying in a different thread.

Why are they trying to drag that crap in here?

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Oh quit your crying….

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I only reference this because I saw it on instagram not too long ago. I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHL had a similar no catch policy that you reference though. 

Looks like the WWF or E. 

Watching Winnipeg go up 3-1 over the Rangers going into the 3rd period. The Canucks must be feeling the heat of knowing they are slipping down the standings overall and in the West. They now have 3 teams 1 point behind in their Conference and Edmonton only 8 points behind them in their Division. 

Will they push ahead or get passed by Winnipeg and Colorado tonight?

37 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Nice save indeed!

Thanks for posting

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1