[Speculation] Myers wants to extend with Nux

4 hours ago, grumpyone said:

meyers + Zadorov = $ 8 million per year.... sign them up 

Yeah, that would be great. Down from 10 mil for the 2 of them.

4.5 x 5 for Zad, 3.5 x 2 for Myers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

In what world does a 34 year old tweener get 4.5, Soucy got 3.25 and he's 29. Would be more similar to the Ian Cole deal 1 x 3 or 2 x 2.5 probably. 

because soucy is a 6th defenceman and plays 60 games

31 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

Soucy is averaging 16:07 ice time per game this year, Myers 16:52 ice time per game. At this point in their careers not much difference between the two other than Soucy in his prime, Myers is on the down slope.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Soucy is averaging 16:07 ice time per game this year, Myers 16:52 ice time per game. At this point in their careers not much difference between the two other than Soucy in his prime, Myers is on the down slope.  

hate to prove you wrong...

image.thumb.png.e97b11e17de4828a2396944141e46711.png

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

[Proposal] we extend Myers for a couple years as a reasonably paid stopgap

Agreed. In the role of a bottom pairing guy who plays second up pk Myers is a good fit for us. Not too sure what cap allocation though. Is 3 per too much? 

Just now, Coconuts said:

[Proposal] we extend Myers for a couple years as a reasonably paid stopgap

likely myers will have to take a hometome discount for him to stay... as other premium RD defenceman will be on our list...

I think Pesce can regain his form here.. he is actually playing a great second half of the season...

while myers is showing his age... still I bet he gets offers for 2x4.5 from teams like BUF,SENS etc... and 3.5x2 to 3.0x2 on contenders/ no tax teams...

Myers last contract he could be florida bound

8 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

hate to prove you wrong...

image.thumb.png.e97b11e17de4828a2396944141e46711.png

I was just getting numbers off Cap friendly that appear to be wrong, I think the numbers I posted only included 5 v 5 play. I would still prefer Soucy over Myers going forward if had to choose only one. If Myers wants to stay on as a #5 dman and be paid as such I would love to keep him and I think he is very motivated to stay with Vancouver, we will see what happens.  

5 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

likely myers will have to take a hometome discount for him to stay... as other premium RD defenceman will be on our list...

I think Pesce can regain his form here.. he is actually playing a great second half of the season...

while myers is showing his age... still I bet he gets offers for 2x4.5 from teams like BUF,SENS etc... and 3.5x2 to 3.0x2 on contenders/ no tax teams...

If Myers is going to take less for any team it'd be the Canucks, I've no doubt that his side knows he'd probably have to take a bit less 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PeteyBOI said:

myers is hands down better than zadorov.

like its not even close

totally disagree as both bring different elements, but I believe Zadorov is worth more to this club’s future especially in requiring a hard nosed Dman who likes to keep the opposition honest. We have required that for far too long. Not to mention his O instincts are relatively solid, his passing has been great, and he’s rarely caught out of position in the same way Myers used to be on the regular.

no knocks on Myers, I like him as a player and have always thought there was a lot of expectation on the guy, but Zadorov is the better longterm projection which is where our dollars need to go to, especially if Myers can command 3.5-4.5

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't think he is from Calgary. He played junior in Kelowna from 2005 and spends the off-season there every year. I think it's safe to say his permanent home is in Kelowna. Now he may end up in Calgary, and if GM Conroy offers him 3x3M, I'm sure he'd listen, but there may be other options if he makes it to July 1st.

Confirmed I have been to his place in Kelowna, nice place.

3 hours ago, PeteyBOI said:

Yeah, his injuries really concern me this year. Is he Tanev light here? 

He's played in 26 games this year out of 82. That's brutal, and I'd say if he can't stay healthy, even what the team is paying would be an overpayment. Staying healthy might be the question mark for Soucy moving forward. 

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

totally disagree as both bring different elements, but I believe Zadorov is worth more to this club’s future especially in requiring a hard nosed Dman who likes to keep the opposition honest. We have required that for far too long. Not to mention his O instincts are relatively solid, his passing has been great, and he’s rarely caught out of position in the same way Myers used to be on the regular.

no knocks on Myers, I like him as a player and have always thought there was a lot of expectation on the guy, but Zadorov is the better longterm projection which is where our dollars need to go to, especially if Myers can command 3.5-4.5

Myers at 4.5M no way. 

Myers at 3.5M, okay. 

And then I'd give Zadorov who's younger, 4.5M over 5-6 years. Reports out there are saying he's wanting 5M, but nobody really gets what they want unless they're an elite superstar player in the league. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PeteyBOI said:

There's no way he goes to Sens or Buffalo. Those teams are young, but they're also losing teams and rebuilding teams. Doubt he goes there, unless the money is too good to pass up. Another 6M for 6 years? He'd probably sign there. At least the cash rolling in is of some comfort to all the losing they could be doing. 

If he's getting 3.5M or 3M in Florida or Tampa Bay or the no tax states, I think he stays. Uprooting your entire family is hard, and it's not just him now. It's his wife, and kids who will have to make new friends, community, etc. That's hard. It's the human element of NHL players that we fans often underestimate. We just think these guys just move to whichever teams or cities that offer them the largest money. They want to get paid, sure, but there's a family component (for those who are married and have kids). 

I think Myers stays, unless the offer from management is a complete lowball offer. Then he's insulted, and goes elsewhere. Maybe even Seattle to spite the team. 

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

There's no way he goes to Sens or Buffalo. Those teams are young, but they're also losing teams and rebuilding teams. Doubt he goes there, unless the money is too good to pass up. Another 6M for 6 years? He'd probably sign there. At least the cash rolling in is of some comfort to all the losing they could be doing. 

If he's getting 3.5M or 3M in Florida or Tampa Bay or the no tax states, I think he stays. Uprooting your entire family is hard, and it's not just him now. It's his wife, and kids who will have to make new friends, community, etc. That's hard. It's the human element of NHL players that we fans often underestimate. We just think these guys just move to whichever teams or cities that offer them the largest money. They want to get paid, sure, but there's a family component (for those who are married and have kids). 

I think Myers stays, unless the offer from management is a complete lowball offer. Then he's insulted, and goes elsewhere. Maybe even Seattle to spite the team. 

Definitely Alberta and any and all West Coast teams 

2 hours ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Confirmed I have been to his place in Kelowna, nice place.

Does he still have his neck stretching machine in the basement?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

you never know if that marriage is stable... perhaps he figures a change is needed... you just dont know..

and imo i think senators a playoff team next year if they can find a stable goalie and CHabot can stay healthy... alot of ifs...

and Buffalo you never know they could be 1 or 2 players away from being a contender... youth movement and a lots of space you never know...

Yeah but we don’t need him (Myers)

Juulsen has been more than adequate 

we can save cap by going with youth, brisebois was playing good before his injury to.

im a pass on Myers I’m glad he finally managed to improve his play just in time  for his contract year……

Edited by Combover

7 hours ago, PeteyBOI said:

Buffalo you never know they could be 1 or 2 players away from being a contender... youth movement and a lots of space you never know...

It's Buffalo

Josh Bell What GIF by MLB