Miss Korea

The Kessel question  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you eat your Costco dog?

• Eat it beforehand
    • Smuggle it in
    • I'm rich and I can order the fries
    • I'm poor and live off KD/Mr. Noodles at home

Seems like Rogers Arena (not the team itself) is making headlines once again.

Back in my day, we used to get TWO fries per dollar spent!  Firing all these coaches/managers isn't cheap - we knew that cost was gonna get passed down to us somehow.

Alright you upper bowl peasants - how do you eat your Costco glizzies?  Do you engorge yourself before you enter or do you smuggle them in by stuffing your pants?

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Sad 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

How do I eat my Costco dog?  

i don't - Phil the Thrill usually beats me to it.  :hurhur:

(too soon? :classic_ninja:)

Actually it was eaten by Tucker Poolman, and that really upset Phil so he chose not to join us.

Yea. I saw that on D'n'D yesterday. That's pretty pathetic. Especially since potatoes are usually one of the least expensive grocery items to purchase  in restaurantdom.

But hey. It's business. I get it. At the end of the day cost vs inventory and such plays it's role. No free food. Ya' gotta pay. Even if it's an absurd 8 bucks for 14 individual fries. It's sad really.

13 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I never eat at the games.  It amazes me all the people that spend the entire intermission in food lineups, for garbage.

Thats why you take your woman. Highly motivated by food, don’t care to miss the game. Food comes to you without the line. 

• Haha 2

Is this for real? I thought it was just someone wanted to get attentions by using a condiment tray to put the fries on? 

i never had their concession food on my both visits before.. 

Cheapest way to go.....back in the day

Eat before you go, definately.

Find cheapest tix you can find, even if they are end zone nose bleeders.  Craigs list.  Or sometimes we'd miss the first part of the period to wait until scalpers were desperate to get rid of them for like $20 back then.

Smuggle in a mickey in your pants.

Buy one large soft drink. (or if you are really hard up, you just wash out a discarded one with soap and water, and go for a 'refill'....yeah I know ewww, but we were young and careless)

Mix it in a toilet stall. Good for the night.

Then during the first period, you scan the arena looking for empty seats, as low and central as you can see.  Tip: always have a set of back up seats, maybe two backups, in case when you make your way there in between periods, it hasn't been taken by late arrivals.

Result. 

We watched a few games on a $20 ticket, and the cost of a mickey. Watching most of the game in the most expensive sections in the arena.  Those were the days

3 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Is this for real? I thought it was just someone wanted to get attentions by using a condiment tray to put the fries on? 

i never had their concession food on my both visits before.. 

UPDATE: I have spoken with someone from the Canucks. They actually did reach out on Sunday… I just wasn’t available to chat until today. I was assured this is not the normal serving size and I’m going to see the rep at the game on Thursday.

Let's see the final outcome of FryGate tonight.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:14 AM, -AJ- said:

I always sneak in a water bottle. They just assume I have a beer belly.

Best I ever did was an 8 pack of lucky....pre metal detector obviously. 

Also...as much as I love Costco I loathe going to any of the Vancouver ones. Either it is that mess downtown or no parking anywhere at the others. But when visiting the family I ALWAYS hit Courtenay on the way to CR and meet my mom there for a big shop haha. 

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If you love popcorn like me you just get the refillable bowl and just refill it before every period.

Get your money's worth. 

Maybe a beer or two but you drink beforehand. 

Never heard of it, How does that work? Don't you have to buy another one?

On 3/18/2024 at 11:10 PM, Miss Korea said:

Seems like Rogers Arena (not the team itself) is making headlines once again.

Back in my day, we used to get TWO fries per dollar spent!  Firing all these coaches/managers isn't cheap - we knew that cost was gonna get passed down to us somehow.

Alright you upper bowl peasants - how do you eat your Costco glizzies?  Do you engorge yourself before you enter or do you smuggle them in by stuffing your pants?

I know you're probably being facetious but I can't stand the fact that people automatically think that people sitting up in the upper bowl are cheap, I've had center ice tix and sure the view is better but trust me the hard worker who has goals in life won't be destroying their money on a night of entertainment where mostly the entertainment has been mediocre for the last decade.

I've sat in the upper bowl and had the time of my life with real fans, Also have sat in the best seats that had douche bags show up in the middle of the game cause they got free tix from their company and don't know lickity shit about the team.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I know you're probably being facetious but I can't stand the fact that people automatically think that people sitting up in the upper bowl are cheap, I've had center ice tix and sure the view is better but trust me the hard worker who has goals in life won't be destroying their money on a night of entertainment where mostly the entertainment has been mediocre for the last decade.

I've sat in the upper bowl and had the time of my life with real fans, Also have sat in the best seats that had douche bags show up in the middle of the game cause they got free tix from their company and don't know lickity shit about the team.

My mom and I had season tickets for a couple years.  Top corner - cheapest seats in the house.

We're fucking peasants.  Hot dogs at 6:45, and then head in.

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1