[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

20 hours ago, bh90 said:

what i found interesting is that this is the first time JR or PA have indicated a young player may be ready for the NHL. for all our other prospects they've always said there's no rush and need to spend time in the AHL.

they've always been honest and upfront so if JR is saying publicly that Lek could challenge for a spot than I think it's a real possibility if he ends up having a good training camp.

I'm guessing PA and JR are counting on at least 7 of the roster spots being taken up by ELC or ELC-Like contracts... Friedman, PDG, Aman, Podz, Bains, Raty, Lek, Karlsson, Sasson.

It'll be a big camp for the prospects and i think there will be opportunity 

It will definitely be an interesting camp. We do need guys to take the next step and we're on the cusp. I'm.not convinced that Lekk can make the jump but the door open. Would be great. Can't wait to see him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

As for the team overall, Edmonton was banged up too....ditto Nashville. Its the POs. If we run the same team back this yea

I don't think it's that black and white. Depends on the injuries and who the player is

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Zad is a must resign in my opinion. I am simply stating that you can't ignore what his true market value is. The canucks should use term as a weapon to lower cap hit. Give him a 5/6 year contract vs 2/3/4 to get that done.

Dakota was invisible for alot of the POs. I would love to resign him, but 3.75-4 is way too rich. I'd be more inclined to go out and sign some 2022 Dakotas and develop them in the role OR sign a Martinhook at sub 2.5m. Garland drives that line, he just heads guys with size and some touch.

As for the team overall, Edmonton was banged up too....ditto Nashville. Its the POs. If we run the same team back this year, we will get similar results. We need to get better, not just hope that we get  better play or health out of the same bunch next year.  In addition, I sense that Lindholm is gone. If one remembers, he was one of our best players in the POs. Without him I'm not even sure we get past Nashville.

Lindholm was a great addition. A calculated move by management. It’s unfortunate we don’t have enough money to sign him. But I don’t think it’s good cap management either when we’re paying Lindholm 8-9M to be essentially a third pairing defenseman. Championship teams are teams that are often well rounded. They have the elite players necessary to win. But they also have depth all throughout their lineup. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

That seems like a reasonable process and progress for Willander. I think 3 years or longer and we start to get concerned about his development. A first round pick should not take that long to break into the club. I agree that he should be on the roster by the 25-26 season. Maybe that year after that. Maybe. 

We're talking top 4, not making the roster