[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

What would everyone prefer:

Option A

Zadorov -Juulsen 6 Million 

or

Option B

Dillon and Hakanpaa signed for 5-6M

Option A Depth

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Friedman

Option B Depth

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Dillon-Hakanpaa

Juulsen/Friedman

4 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

If I told that, I’d probably never hear anything accurate again unfortunately.  Like I said last night, big Z isn’t going anywhere and is on the cusp of signing. As was Joshua and Slilovs

Hope it's true. He's made me fall in love with him and if he walks I'm gonna be devastated

15 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I heard that Zadorov has come down 1.25 million total because they really want to be in Vancouver. 
   The first offer Canucks made was 4… and it’s worked it’s way up to 4.5 from the Team, Zadorov wants 4.75. I think Zadorov, Slilovs and Joshua all get done before the draft. Then we’ll have somewhere in the neighbourhood  of 10-12 million for free agency. 

prayer GIF

$14.5M/yr left once LTIR in for Poolman.  I can't see them not signing Zadorov.  He was clear that he wants to return and would take a discount to do it.  He's more cerebral than a lot of other players out there in my opinion and I think he wants to be on a winning team.  I could see him patiently working with management to see what they could get done with a plan to finalize a deal afterwards (e.g. short- vs long-term contract depending on money available and how the rest of the team is shaping up).  

I highly doubt Demko gets moved, but if he does, the next 2 moves could be very big (long-term Z contract + an elite player on EP's line).

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

We have room for both at 14.5 we need 3 contracts.  I'm sort of thinking zads and then spend the Last 10 million on 2 scoring wingers...Toffoli and Stephenson maybe?  Should be a cup contender

Yeah it's interesting......an elite player with EP makes all the sense in the world but they still have Hogs and Suter up on the top 6.  Maybe that's fine but I'd feel better having Suter dropped down to the fourth line personally.  So that would mean bringing in at least 2 forwards + Z.

If Hogs and Pods can both elevate their game into consistent top 6 players, then we have it made with a guy like JG.  My only beef with that is I think EP needs a power forward type player on his line that can retrieve pucks and pull the D away.  Not sure if Hogs or Pods are either of these players.