[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

47 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah our management can’t do no wrong. Can’t have differing opinions. Whatever they do will be the right decision 

Lol what bug flew up your ass? You do realize you were the one that started acting bitchy in this conversation right?

well i guess nikita overvalues himself a bit. da, he's a great guy and player and i'd love to see him with the canucks for many more seasons.

but if he's not fully commited to the canucks game plan, and ready to leave 0.5-1mio on the table just like blueger joshua and myers did, it

might be better for the team

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol what bug flew up your ass? You do realize you were the one that started acting bitchy in this conversation right?

If you don't snivel and whine constantly, you risk be labelled a cheerleader.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Haven’t seen it posted here yet, but rumour is (according to NHL trade rumours article) that Allvin offered 4.7M x 5 years.

IMG_4353.thumb.png.f778c6d35b01670ea4cf9681f2864d2e.png

Huh. Well that's a fair deal but Treliving likely pays more.

18 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Oh was I? Don’t like the direction and I’m allowed to have that opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Oh was I? Don’t like the direction and I’m allowed to have that opinion. 

I never criticized you for not liking the direction. You just got defensive and started acting bitchy. But you do you boo, if you wanna act bitchy then fly right at'er.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I would have gone to 5

i wonder if the hold up on zadorov's end was term. he was quoted as saying he thinks he can play until 35 or 36 at least, he's 29 ... maybe he's holding out for a 6th year if he's sacrificing a bit on dollars. 

Edited by tas

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Agreed. The second I heard Zaddy was asking for 5 million I was hoping we wouldn't be the team to pay him that. Loved his play, he was exactly what this team needed. But much more keen on having a franchise that refuses to overpay anyone.

so now the trend is Tanev and Myers at 34 yrs will take a combined aprx 7-8 mil to turn to dust here ?

.. anyone ever heard of Mats Sundin?

or Loui Eriksson ?

even Myers himself at 6x6 was Cringe worthy,  never lifted me out of my seat the way Zadorov 29yrs did.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Haven’t seen it posted here yet, but rumour is (according to NHL trade rumours article) that Allvin offered 4.7M x 5 years.

4.7 on cup contender or 5.5-6 on an upcoming team.

37 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

If they offered 4.7x5 to Zad and he decided not to take it, that's on him. Power to him. Loved the way he played here and would have loved to see him back. But dudes chasing bank, like he should. Glad our management has walk away numbers unlike past regimes.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

If they offered 4.7x5 to Zad and he decided not to take it, that's on him. Power to him. Loved the way he played here and would have loved to see him back. But dudes chasing bank, like he should. Glad our management has walk away numbers unlike past regimes.

Yea interesting.  $23.5M. I wonder if he gets closer to $36M?

9 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I would have gone to 5

Allvin might have compromised and moved up to 5 if Milstein also moved closer down to the Canucks' range. Common negotiation strategy - I don't think even through a rumour leak, Allvin would reveal his absolute final offer. 

Who knows, Milstein might be at something ridiculous like $6 million. They're probably just too far apart to even come to a compromise of $5 million. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

so now the trend is Tanev and Myers at 34 yrs will take a combined aprx 7-8 mil to turn to dust here ?

.. anyone ever heard of Mats Sundin?

or Loui Eriksson ?

even Myers himself at 6x6 was Cringe worthy,  never lifted me out of my seat the way Zadorov 29yrs did.

Yes. The trend is currently signing guys who are willing to take pay cuts instead of overpaying for guys who won't. Love that trend. We barely survived a decade of the opposite.

You're literally referencing deals like Eriksson and the original Myers deals which were overpayments as your reason why we should have over payed Zad? To each their own, but this argument makes little sense to me at all.

Kinda highlights the importance of getting guys locked in early.

Could have likely gotten him closer to 4 with an earlier deal. Same for Joshua.

Oh well glad management is willing to draw a line.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I never criticized you for not liking the direction. You just got defensive and started acting bitchy. But you do you boo, if you wanna act bitchy then fly right at'er.

No worries 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

$6x6? 

Maybe $5x7?

Too high?

My gut was telling me 5x5 was his ask. Even if it's only 300k I'm glad we didn't budge. It's a shame if he does sign a 5x5 he didn't come down to a bit to stay on the team. But again, I never blame a guy for going for the biggest contract he can.

I love it when guys take home town discounts. So far I think every signing this summer has. I think Teddy, Myers, and DJ could have all got more of they held out for a few days. But I wouldn't have blamed any of them if they held strong and tried to sign a bigger pay day either.

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My gut was telling me 5x5 was his ask. Even if it's only 300k I'm glad we didn't budge. It's a shame if he does sign a 5x5 he didn't come down to a bit to stay on the team. But again, I never blame a guy for going for the biggest contract he can.

I love it when guys take home town discounts. So far I think every signing this summer has. I think Teddy, Myers, and DJ could have all got more of they held out for a few days. But I wouldn't have blamed any of them if they held strong and tried to sign a bigger pay day either.

I think Teddy did. Myers got an extra year so not sure? He wasn't leaving Kelowna the Canucks could have gone lower maybe? Shorter term at least.

I think DJ got an extra year too but we will never know.

Edited by chris12345