[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Watch Utah offer 6 aav

I think Z will weigh his options and he said he liked how this team was run and how they were treated(players). I expect he will see if any of the upper echelon teams have any more to offer then us. I don't think Utah is even an option for him. :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

Report: At least 10 Teams With Interest In Nikita Zadorov; 1 Notable Frontrunner

Dave Litman 

Saturday, June 29, 2024 

It became official on Friday: The Vancouver Canucks will not be re-signing defenseman Nikita Zadorov. GM Patrik Allvin made the statement after the hulking d-man turned down the Canucks last offer. "Nikita Zadorov was extremely good for us in the playoffs and a character guy. We did our best and he decided he wanted to go somewhere else," said Allvin.

So it's now open season on the 6-foot-6 blueliner, and plenty of teams will be battling to bring him in, according to the latest from TSN insider Darren Dreger:

“I'm told that there are more than 10 teams with considerable interest in Zadorov.”

And one team that is at the top of the list of Zadorov suitors, is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"They like him for a lot of different reasons," says Dreger. "And know this: Like most general managers, (Leafs GM) Brad Treliving loves the big trees in the back. Zadorov has a bit of bite, and he certainly has the reach and the size and covers a lot of real estate."

The Leafs' defense has been missing a lot of those qualities in recent years, and although they brought in some size in Ilya Lyubushkin and Joel Edmondson at the trade deadline, both are unrestricted free agents, and Zadorov represents a step up—both in size and effectiveness—from both of them. 

Treliving is also the GM who signed Zadorov—twice—for the Calgary Flames. 

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/report-at-least-10-teams-with-interest.html

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Soooo.....boys and girls....who's up next? We still need a defenseman, right?

Or are we going to go with Juuls and Friedman and sign Guentzel, or Reinhart?

Bolts will probably take a run at Guentzel if the Canes don't get it done, there's been a bit of smoke around them being interested the last couple days, it's also believed Reinhart already has a deal in place with Florida for around 9-9.5M

I'm hoping we go after a guy like Roy, Dillon would be interesting too 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Bolts will probably take a run at Guentzel if the Canes don't get it done, there's been a bit of smoke around them being interested the last couple days, it's also believed Reinhart already has a deal in place with Florida for around 9-9.5M

I'm hoping we go after a guy like Roy, Dillon would be interesting too 

What kind of money are Roy and Dillan looking for?

Just now, dannydog said:

No way we can go with Friedman. Noah can hold his own but how much to fill in the right side.

Yeah, that was somewhat sarcastic. Mainly a response to all the chatter of "who cares if Z walks? We can just sign....."

Doesn't look like we even took a run at Dillon and Marino is off the board, so the question was, "Where do we look next?"

6 hours ago, arsenalian said:

“Give a province of the West to that woman”

He really liked his women that Caligula.

Woah… ya I see provincia - but maybe she was so horrible that it was some form of banishment… give her a province… as punishment - we just don’t know the story… perhaps it was his mother in law…

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I wonder if Zadorov circles back to the Canucks if he doesn't think the other offers he's getting are any better? 

With that being said, I think he gets more than 5m come Monday. Some team will overpay, and some idiot GM will do it (most likely, it'll be Toronto). 

We need big Z’s toughness