[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I think Z will weigh his options and he said he liked how this team was run and how they were treated(players). I expect he will see if any of the upper echelon teams have any more to offer then us. I don't think Utah is even an option for him. :classic_biggrin:

Seeing more and more of what fans here saw as “Zadorov replacements” getting gobbled up for good money .

lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

Why does it feel like past years this year,  I feel like we are gonna lose out on some good players 

not “overpaying “ dosent mean your offering a fair contract.

Alvin’s statement of “players who want to be here” or what we consider “hometown discount”,  actually means they sign for less than fair.

The hypocrisy I think is in Pettersons deal.

Not denying he may have a fantastic career here ,.  
  But where is the “hometown discount” in a Max deal?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Alvin’s statement of “players who want to be here” or what we consider “hometown discount”,  actually means they sign for less than fair.

Pettersson wanted to wait even though he was playing through injury. We could have waited and his cap hit would have been even lower this summer 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think we actually paid for potential more then actual performance. We are paying him like he has actually taken us to the promised land already, similar to Toronto. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Agreed, I really think he is being undervalued and we will soon find out that he will not be easily replaced. Sad.

The fact is he was likely fitting as the 3rd pair left defense. He and his agent are selling him as a legit top four.

That Vancouver may have been considering near or at $5m per season is high value and a major commitment from the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Pettersson wanted to wait even though he was playing through injury. We could have waited and his cap hit would have been even lower this summer 

Pettersson left money on the table.

He was pressured to sign earlier than his initial ideal timeline. But that didn't up the number.

It confirmed the team's obligations to him in order to try and sign players now.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The fact is he was likely fitting as the 3rd pair left defense. He and his agent are selling him as a legit top four.

That Vancouver may have been considering near or at $5m per season is high value and a major commitment from the team.

Yeah, I really don't get the beef with management. They made a very, very fair offer to Zadorov. 

Folks should blame Zadorov for chasing more money/term elsewhere, unlike other guys who took less to stick around. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think he stepped up and showed he could play top 4 in the playoffs, where it counts the most. The team sees Soucy as higher up in the depth chart and that is where I see them making the mistake. Just my opinion though of course.:classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

that is still not a confirmed number from agent or Management.

we do not know.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, I really don't get the beef with management. They made a very, very fair offer to Zadorov. 

Folks should blame Zadorov for chasing more money/term elsewhere, unlike other guys who took less to stick around. 

That number has not been verified by player agent or management 

• Upvote 1