[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

49 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Amazing how quickly people latch onto rumoured amounts and treat it as gospel. 

I haven't treated any dollar amount suggested or otherwise as gospel. Its all conjecture and comical reading some of the replies in here about how the Canucks are missing out or going to lose out on their targets. June 29th hahahaha.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Amazing how quickly people latch onto rumoured amounts and treat it as gospel. 

Eklund posted the other day, “Zadorov signing imminent” that is when I knew that he will sign with any team but the Canucks. 
His rumors are kiss of death.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I haven't treated any dollar amount suggested or otherwise as gospel. Its all conjecture and comical reading some of the replies in here about how the Canucks are missing out or going to lose out on their targets. June 29th hahahaha.

Hey we might shoot blanks on the big names this year, happens.

So far the club has managed the potential losses really well and we have lots of cap.

14 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Its in 2 days, we’re fired up Mike 

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hey we might shoot blanks on the big names this year, happens.

So far the club has managed the potential losses really well and we have lots of cap.

Trading assets for players that won’t come back and then not getting something good in place of them seems like a missed opportunity. But maybe if we miss out we can use the cap to our advantage and get some assets back. Doesn’t seem like the direction they are taking though 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If we were going up to the rumoured 5 mil why not go a little further and get Pesce?

He fits the mould of what we need more than Zadorov or Tanev.

He would, Jersey seems poised to land him though

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up going after the same players in Pesce, Roy, and Dillon 

8 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

They want bigger tougher D

Maybe, they'll have to jockey with every other team that wants D though too

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

We’re gonna strengthen our blueline too though right? Ian Cole you are a Vancouver Canuck

I like to think so, regardless of which other teams are after the D that will hit the market I think we'll have a good chance at landing some players

We just had a very impressive season, I do think players will be intrigued if Vancouver offers fair deals, which I reckon we will

• Cheers 1

Derek Forbort (6’4 216) had some injuries this year.  

Would add some grit to the back end while coming in at a reasonable contract.

If the Leafs do throw the bag at Zadorov and Tanev, we could “swap” with them.  

Edmundson and Lyubushkin would be a nice cheap-ish 3rd pair that play a way Tocchet likes.

Still a lot of options out there - I’d still love us to take a run at a guy like Martinez or Roy, too.

Edited by The Duke