[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

28 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Disagree. He could have said, "Nikita wants to see what offers there are out there"....

Instead he said "we did our best and he decided that he wanted to go somewhere else.” That really sounds to me like PA is closing the book on Z....

Well that could be true 

"Anal retentiveness is a personality trait that is characterized by excessive concern with trivial details."

I guess i should have taken into account the limited vocabulary of our resident media clowns.

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

"Anal retentiveness is a personality trait that is characterized by excessive concern with trivial details."

I guess i should have taken into account the limited vocabulary of our resident media clowns.

The English language as weird as it is you can learn something new everyday with it. 

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Or you could just stop being so anal about language. 

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

So if I said it "might be "instead of "probably" would that satisfy your need to be anal about it?

58 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Hell ya. Maybe we need a "no anal" upvote emoji

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Easy there, buddy. Nobody needs to get anal about anything. 

Sounds like the right moment …

Spit Hawk GIF by Micropharms

• Haha 3
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

IMG_3540.thumb.jpeg.288a99c11358deb076a080c41970fdcf.jpeg

Pay this man what he wants

Allvin and co. are trying to fit all the players and their salaries in, not just for next season but, for several seasons beyond. I'm pretty sure they're aware of his popularity and the attributes he brings.

Looking at things realistically doesn't mean we hate Zadorov. We'd all love to have him back.

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Allvin and co. are trying to fit all the players and their salaries in, not just for next season but, for several seasons beyond. I'm pretty sure they're aware of his popularity and the attributes he brings.

Looking at things realistically doesn't mean we hate Zadorov. We'd all love to have him back.

image.gif.034bf72552208874f8fbfef9c87eb445.gif

• Haha 1

THIS IS ALL THEY NEED TO DO:

Forget Guentzel ,  sign Debrusk , Toffoli,

and Zadorov.

Last contracts

Debrusk -4.25

Toffoli - 4.25

Zadorov - 3.75 

We have roughly  14. 5m in capspace 

I mentioned these players a couple of weeks ago,

Instead of going Primo for one player,  

bring in 2 that can compliment and add to EP’s game .

Debrusk might want a slight raise (5m)

Toffoli.   might go for the same or slightly less, but his veteran presence for EP and Jake would be like what JT has been doing with the Club

Petterson.  Debrusk and Toffoli would be dynamic ,

and I think it would allow for someone else to identify to create more capspace after Christmas.

I still feel signing Myers was a mistake, perhaps not, but the amount should have been 500k less.

Lines and PLAYERS that can mix and match without skipping a beat do to injury time is essential.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

They’re the types of guys you hate on other teams but would love to have him for his Totallity .. 

especially here in the West .

… and , let’s be honest ,.  Great sense of humour for the sport and a wonderful human being , especially the stance he took against Putin .

The guy will recover a years salary for the franchise in jersey sales ,. Let alone getting to watch live for 41 game at home.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

They’re the types of guys you hate on other teams but would love to have him for his Totallity .. 

… and , let’s be honest ,.  Great sense of humour for the sport and a wonderful human being , especially the stance he took against Putin .

The guy will recover a years salary for the franchise in jersey sales ,. Let alone getting to watch live for 41 game at home.

Why cant you wait job to be done, and then be bitter????We dont know what FO have in there heads.Unhappy with there work so far?????

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

THIS IS ALL THEY NEED TO DO:

Forget Guentzel ,  sign Debrusk , Toffoli,

and Zadorov.

Last contracts

Debrusk -4.25

Toffoli - 4.25

Zadorov - 3.75 

We have roughly  14. 5m in capspace 

I mentioned these players a couple of weeks ago,

Instead of going Primo for one player,  

bring in 2 that can compliment and add to EP’s game .

Debrusk might want a slight raise (5m)

Toffoli.   might go for the same or slightly less, but his veteran presence for EP and Jake would be like what JT has been doing with the Club

Petterson.  Debrusk and Toffoli would be dynamic ,

and I think it would allow for someone else to identify to create more capspace after Christmas.

I still feel signing Myers was a mistake, perhaps not, but the amount should have been 500k less.

Lines and PLAYERS that can mix and match without skipping a beat do to injury time is essential.

Neither of those guys are likely to come in at 5 mil…

And the problem will be term. Players like that aren’t taking less than 4 years. We can’t be signing players that barely move the needle to 4 year deals.

If you can’t fix the top 6 problem make a trade or sign a short 1-2 year stop gap player. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Apparently there are 10 teams competing for his services besides us. That will drive up the salary and probably also the term.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out after the dust settles.