[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

THIS IS ALL THEY NEED TO DO:

Forget Guentzel ,  sign Debrusk , Toffoli,

and Zadorov.

Last contracts

Debrusk -4.25

Toffoli - 4.25

Zadorov - 3.75 

We have roughly  14. 5m in capspace 

I mentioned these players a couple of weeks ago,

Instead of going Primo for one player,  

bring in 2 that can compliment and add to EP’s game .

Debrusk might want a slight raise (5m)

Toffoli.   might go for the same or slightly less, but his veteran presence for EP and Jake would be like what JT has been doing with the Club

Petterson.  Debrusk and Toffoli would be dynamic ,

and I think it would allow for someone else to identify to create more capspace after Christmas.

I still feel signing Myers was a mistake, perhaps not, but the amount should have been 500k less.

Lines and PLAYERS that can mix and match without skipping a beat do to injury time is essential.

Speculation is Zadorov wants $5m+

I honestly don’t care if that’s an overpayment. I don’t think we go far in the playoffs without him.

We have nobody else that can play that truculent style that the playoffs require. Nor is there anybody else out there that we can sign that would provide that for us the same way he would and still be able to play defense while providing some offence. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Why cant you wait job to be done, and then be bitter????We dont know what FO have in there heads.Unhappy with there work so far?????

your disconnected from reality if you think I’m losing my shit or upset lol.

You some kind of expert in “online emotions”, or do you have an App for that ?

Yes,  I don’t agree with signing Myers .

Cole got a bad wrap here for about 3 or 4 pucks bouncing into his own net .

Ever have a bad work week ,. Or maybe you got a D” grade on your algebra test.

Those moments in the playoffs that looked bad could and happen to every one .… but he played well for us ,  and a short term back on a lower scale than Myers again would have helped the complexities of our D core.

could have re-signed Cole for a year or 2 for less and gone from there.

Just now, SilentSam said:

your disconnected from reality if you think I’m losing my shit or upset lol.

You some kind of expert in “online emotions”, or do you have an App for that ?

Yes,  I don’t agree with signing Myers .

Cole got a bad wrap here for about 3 or 4 pucks bouncing into his own net .

Ever have a bad work week ,. Or maybe you got a D” grade on your algebra test.

Those moments in the playoffs that looked bad could and happen to every one .… but he played well for us ,  and a short term back on a lower scale than Myers again would have helped the complexities of our D core.

could have re-signed Cole for a year or 2 for less and gone from there.

If i understand you correctly,you claim that you have better picture and understanding of our situation then Alvin.I dont know who is disconnected here.Cole?????Cmon

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Neither of those guys are likely to come in at 5 mil…

And the problem will be term. Players like that aren’t taking less than 4 years. We can’t be signing players that barely move the needle to 4 year deals.

If you can’t fix the top 6 problem make a trade or sign a short 1-2 year stop gap player. 

ok term , 

Debrusk is young and turned his game around.,  4 years  movable after 3

Toffoli  2-3 years .,  movable after 2

Anything can happen now ..

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

If Zadorov doesn't sign with us, who does he sign with?

I'm guessing New Jersey.

Nashville, they will give him 6x6

they traded Mcdonut and are letting carrier walk they might even okay him with the R next 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

If i understand you correctly,you claim that you have better picture and understanding of our situation than l Alvin.I dont know who is disconnected here.Cole?????Cmon

Lol , now you’re comparing me or my opinion to Allvin ? 

it’s an OPINION .   It’s what we do here .

I saw Cole play great for his contract as the “last guy” on D .

And I’m happy with my opinion.

But you can call Alvin and get him to talk to me if you want lol

You seem to lack any or bring any merit for discussion ,  but if your red lights going on for my comments, just now that they’re are prettier things you could be d doing or looking at .

Im tiling my bathroom,  it far  more engaging  than what I’m getting from you.

Id say sorry to you ,  but I find you being condescending to me ,  you’ll only get it back .

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Nashville, they will give him 6x6

they traded Mcdonut and are letting carrier walk they might even okay him with the R next 

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Nashville 

That would have changed the outlook of our first round for sure.

I'm hoping that if he walks it's to the east somewhere. It would suck to face him in a Playoff round.

7 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I thought after the playoffs that we had improved our team toughness with Zad and Joshua, it meant we no longer were intimidated and we actually could intimidate our opponents. The problem is, that we needed to improve on that and not go backwards. 

I think Soucy is a great defenseman but he is not intimidating. Myers had one good year but many forgot what he was like the other years he played for us. Now we are relying on these two to anchor our second pairing? 

It appears that that the team chose to go after Guentzel at the expense of our D core.

I am sure he is a good player but we are betting on him having chemistry with Pettersson where Pettersson struggles with tighter checking and physical play in the playoffs. We are betting a lot of money on these two being a success for us. A huge gamble IMHO.

Many of you might think 5 might be too much to pay Z just wait until Soucy gets injured again and Myers and who ever they plug into with him, try to keep up. I don't even know what that means for the third pairing in this scenario.

We are making a huge mistake here and I have thought that this management group has been flawless up until this point. 

I sure hope they have something different up their sleeve that we are not foreseeing because this will bring us back to being a fragile group just one or two injuries away from a disaster..

Management DID offer 5 though, which I’m actually surprised at. Seems a bit much for a 3rd/at times 2nd pairing defenceman .

19 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm guessing New Jersey.

Panthers are trying to move from Ekblad ,

their D core is solid,  Zadorov might go there if Ekblad moves.

… and for those so far fetched and twisted @Lemon Face to think that I’m saying “ Zadorov will replace Ekblad.. I am not .

But Zadorov fits the template that the Panthers would be looking for in a big bodied D man and cutting their cost .… but Zadorov’s numbers may be there, 

with a Cup Contender of course.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

Management DID offer 5 though, which I’m actually surprised at. Seems a bit much for a 3rd/at times 2nd pairing defenceman .

Maybe we can use that 5 million and sign someone like Roy. Need a little more money but he’s very good defensively and can provide offence.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Speculation , Rumoured.

Yes but it makes sense. Everyone is just acting like we didn’t even try. Are we going to believe what the insiders say, or just make up our own perceptions of what happened? Assuming the reports are true, are you actually wanting to give him 5.5-6mill over 6 years? That’s just way too risky. 

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Over paid I don’t care. Just get players that bring it 

What is the intended goal of this team and organization?

To put in a good effort? Or is it to win the Cup?

Why did Florida win? They brought it. Every single one of them did. 

The Canucks were the most successful in the postseason when everyone brought it. They fed off each other and the chemistry was undeniable. Zadorov was a big part of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm guessing New Jersey.

Pesce going to NJ. Zad is TOR bound and especially so if they lose out on Tanev. Treliving will pay through the nose for Zadorov and likely give up lifetime free Boston Pizza if he goes to TOR.

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

What is the intended goal of this team and organization?

To put in a good effort? Or is it to win the Cup?

Why did Florida win? They brought it. Every single one of them did. 

The Canucks were the most successful in the postseason when everyone brought it. They fed off each other and the chemistry was undeniable. Zadorov was a big part of that. 

Exactly. It seems people just want 1 or 2 years of Ian Cole type players but then what? What are we stop gapping? We don’t have the young players. I don’t get it right now. Maybe I’ll see the bigger picture after July. 1 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Devron said:

Exactly. It seems people just want 1 or 2 years of Ian Cole type players but then what? What are we stop gapping? We don’t have the young players. I don’t get it right now. Maybe I’ll see the bigger picture after July. 1 

What would you sign Zadorov for?

Just now, Devron said:

Willander and D-Petey?

• Cheers 1