[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

I sounds like Ian was right, especially with the report today that the Canucks offered Lindholm a contract and aren’t far from the number that Zadorov wants.

Not surprised.  iMAC isn't an insider that throws crap out there for click bait or hits.  I don't think I've ever heard him exaggerate or fabricate stories.  If and when he makes a mistake, he states that as well.  He's our local Bob Mckenzie IMO.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

“… I think Zadorov knows if he gets to the open market, he’s going to be happy with what’s out there, so it’s going to be up to the Canucks to get to the number he wants.”

That is not encouraging at all. Sounds like a line in the sand.

• Haha 1

Zadorov being willing to take a discount really depends on what he considers a discount. He’s probably asking 5.5 while the Canucks are sitting at around 5. 

Still, nice to know he wants to come back here.  Would be a very popular move if they can get it done for a fair price. 

29 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

“… I think Zadorov knows if he gets to the open market, he’s going to be happy with what’s out there, so it’s going to be up to the Canucks to get to the number he wants.”

His number is a discounted number that the Canucks need to get to.  That tells me his open market number is probably $6 million but he is willing to take between $5.5.5 million to stay here.  The Canucks apparently offered $4.5 million, so they are still not there yet at his number.  I can see him staying here for $5 million on a 6 year deal...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

Did you read the article or just the headline?

Screenshot_20240607_121234_Chrome.jpg

SmElliotte is listening to the trees again. Nothing but pure speculation in an attempt to hurt our position.

Good thing players and agents ignore the media for the most part.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His number is a discounted number that the Canucks need to get to.  That tells me his open market number is probably $6 million but he is willing to take between $5.5.5 million to stay here.  The Canucks apparently offered $4.5 million, so they are still not there yet at his number.  I can see him staying here for $5 million on a 6 year deal...

Yeah I think $5M to $5.25M on a solid term will get it done.  Not sure why the Canucks wouldn't do that either. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Roy with Hughes and Hronek with Soucy. Say bye bye to Z. 

So 

Hughes roy 14-15 Million

soucy Hronek 10-11 million

???- Myers 3+ million

juulsen .775 million

30-33 Million dolla Defence 

i don’t see this being possible personally especially with how our management has. A history with how they allocate cap to defence 

but who knows.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s probably a total dollar contract number they need to hit not the annual average which means longer term most likely 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I mean he understands how to be a fan favorite what a guy even if he struggles at times ina. Season I’m sure he’d get a little more grace than say Myers did peak struggles. Interesting.

I wonder if this means sub 5.

4.85-4.5 but on a longer term 

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

Look at the first two words of what you just quoted. Nobody cares what he thinks. 

• Vintage 1

If zad, DJ and lindy want to chase the money, it's probably at the expense of team success, so more power to them........zad especially.  If a team goes $6mx6, it's not likely from a team that's a real playoff contender 

46 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I think $5M to $5.25M on a solid term will get it done.  Not sure why the Canucks wouldn't do that either. 

That'd be fine, term depending 

Anything closer to 6M is too much for him imo, regardless of whether he'd get it via UFA or not

• Like 1

Did you read the article or just the headline?

Screenshot_20240607_121234_Chrome.jpg

I read the article, thanks. The fact he’s willing to take any discount at all is commendable and shows he wants to be here. Ball’s in the Canucks court to come closer to his discounted price. 

57 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He’s been praised as a good team guy by the coach repeatedly and this year has shown what he can do in the playoffs and down the stretch when the games matter. 
 5M is perfect for what he brings imo. 

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I read the article, thanks. The fact he’s willing to take any discount at all is commendable and shows he wants to be here. Ball’s in the Canucks court to come closer to his discounted price. 

Define discount?

I could ask $6,000 for a $4,500 car. Since you are such a nice guy I'll give you a deal and you can have it for $5,500. Would that be a discount?

8 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Define discount?

I could ask $6,000 for a $4,500 car. Since you are such a nice guy I'll give you a deal and you can have it for $5,500. Would that be a discount?

A discount relative to the market value he can get as a free agent.  

I don't care what he makes. As long the management can make it all work, sign other players, getting the right players etc. It's a big puzzle and I have faith in their abilities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1