[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I personally think signing Zadorov is a must amongst all the others at the table.

The other positions can be “filled” accordingly after Zadorov.

Why?

He is the rarest type of D man you could acquire for his position.

He is a top 4 pairing D man.

accept that , and realize all his other attributes are a massive bonus.

If he’s willing to come here for 4.5 to 5.5m per.  a 6-7 year contract with moveable clauses in year 4-5 years is perfect.

Myers can be replaced

Lindholm can be replaced

Hroneck can be replaced

Joshua can be replaced.

Dont get me wrong ,   I wouldn’t mind having them all back ,  but we may not be able to do that.

but the gem IS Zadorov.

he is very hard to replace because of his overall game , size, strength, skating ability and skill set .

trading him will haunt CDC for years.

I agree with you. A left side of Hughes, Z, and Soucy is stacked. Z has more to give and should be promoted to 2nd pair. He can handle it. He proved it in the postseason. Lock him up long term and worry about the last year or two down the road. Our window is now. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, canucks curse said:

supposedly 4 teams have contacted Tanev's agent

TOR

DAL

NSH

OTT

,,, not Vancouver....WTF

Well they aren’t allowed to, so this isn’t true.  Even if there was some back channel contact they wouldn’t be telling folks about it.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

14 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I agree with you. A left side of Hughes, Z, and Soucy is stacked. Z has more to give and should be promoted to 2nd pair. He can handle it. He proved it in the postseason. Lock him up long term and worry about the last year or two down the road. Our window is now. 

I have a hunch they’ve already agreed to money and term,

I think management is hoping to have a day where they announce 3-4 players we are retaining and a full presser on a single day rather than have 4 or 5 separate signings over 4-5 days .

Why?

Who would like being interviewed by our journalists over an extended month ! Lol 

I wouldn’t doubt if JR or Allvin told Gold Star Milstein to quench the rumours and speculation that drives these idiots, when he slammed Macintyre with the “Fake News”  quip about Zadorov’s negotiations lol

• Cheers 1

To CHI

milky

podz

klimovich 

PDG

To VAN 

CHI 2024 2nd, 3rd

Cap savings = + 6.50

cap space= 33.1

Dillon 3x3

myers 2.75 x3

Hrony 7.75

JG 9

Brett Murray .750x 2 yrs 

Duhaime 1x 3

Silovs 1

Foegle 2.25x 4

Bluegger 1.75x 4

Duclair 3.85x 4

= 33.1

JG Petey Brock 

Duclair Miller Hogz 

Foegle Blugz Garland

Murray Suter Duhaime 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Dillon Juulsen

Edited by canucks curse
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, canucks curse said:

To CHI

milky

podz

klimovich 

PDG

To VAN 

CHI 2024 2nd, 3rd

Cap savings = + 6.50

cap space= 33.1

Dillon 3x3

myers 2.75 x3

Hrony 7.75

JG 9

Brett Murray .750x 2 yrs 

Duhaime 1x 3

Silovs 1

Foegle 2.25x 4

Bluegger 1.75x 4

Duclair 3.85x 4

= 33.1

JG Petey Brock 

Duclair Miller Hogz 

Foegle Blugz Garland

Murray Suter Duhaime 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Dillon Juulsen

Why do you keep calling Mikheyev "Milky", there's no L anywhere in his last name. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, canucks curse said:

TOR

DAL

NSH

OTT

,,, not Vancouver....WTF

I'm hoping Tanev called Alvin. So technically the nucks didn't call his agent

8 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

That would never happen with this management team. They have their eyes on bigger fish. Difference makers like Guentzel. Once the dust settles, the team will be sorted out with further good additions, of which may and hopefully include Big Z.

I really hope so

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, canucks curse said:

TOR

DAL

NSH

OTT

,,, not Vancouver....WTF

Wouldn’t clubs contacting players under contract to another team be tampering? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I personally think signing Zadorov is a must amongst all the others at the table.

The other positions can be “filled” accordingly after Zadorov.

Why?

He is the rarest type of D man you could acquire for his position.

He is a top 4 pairing D man.

accept that , and realize all his other attributes are a massive bonus.

If he’s willing to come here for 4.5 to 5.5m per.  a 6-7 year contract with moveable clauses in year 4-5 years is perfect.

Myers can be replaced

Lindholm can be replaced

Hroneck can be replaced

Joshua can be replaced.

Dont get me wrong ,   I wouldn’t mind having them all back ,  but we may not be able to do that.

but the gem IS Zadorov.

he is very hard to replace because of his overall game , size, strength, skating ability and skill set .

trading him will haunt CDC for years.

I agree with your take on Zad. If PA agrees that he is a 2nd pairing d-man then he can afford to spend more money on signing him. The team might think EP40 can return next year and assume the 2C on a full time basis which would discount Lindholm to a degree. Hroneck fading in the 2nd half made me question his game but he is still young. What sticks with me is questioning the type of d-man required to play with Hughes. Not sure if Hroneck was that guy especially if retention kills the idea of picking up a top 6 forward. Joshua is the sticker for me. Canucks have to have a heavier forward group and DJ did such a great job for the team this year. Extrapolate is play thru a whole season and it is a no brainer to resign him somehow. My question might be whether Dakota Joshua can play a top 6 game? He has the hands and speed. If he is resigned I suspect he gets that opportunity next year. 

So on your list I suggest Zad and Joshua are the serious needs for the org. If Podz can nail down a 3rd line spot the team starts getting a little bigger.  

• Like 2

I will be choked if Zads isn't re-signed. That said, it's not a blank cheque kind of thing and Zads needs to be reasonable if he wants to be on this team. Same with most any contender really as almost all contending teams are against the cap. Just get it done please. Love this player.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 2

he's our priority
then Myers
then Silovs

and dive into FA to get
Tanev

2 TOP 6, replacement for Lindholm and ffs Suter. > Necas/Zegras or at the very least Monahan for Lindholm, and add Toffoli
1 3rd liner to replace Joshua > Debrusk would be perfect, then Domi

lines

Garland Miller Boeser

Necas Pettersson Toffoli

Hoglander Debrusk Podkolzin

PdG Suter Mikheyev (if stuck with him)

Aman

Hughes Tanev

Zadorov Myers

Soucy Juulsen

some fresh blood (D-Petey, Mynio...) or Brisebois.

Demko

Silovs

2 hours ago, Billabong said:

It's Friedman, so he could be baiting us, but I wouldn't be surprised if the deal is already signed and management is just waiting for the playoffs to end so that they can make the announcement without being seen as taking away from the SCF fanfare.

Plus if true, that might put the Milstein comment into perspective - in that it was fake news, because they were no longer making "significant traction"; rather, they were already done.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

hes a #5-4 dman who had a great 13 game run.  I hope hes back, but hes not some can't replace dman.

Thank you,

I cringe hearing he's a legit top four defenseman. We all liked his Playoffs and what he brings to the team but Zadorov is a career second pair / bottom pair tweener. The roles he has been placed in by coaches and his ATOI factual confirm this.

If he returns he will likely fit:

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Juulsen ( until upgrade signed )

This is another reason why the team can't fork out north of 5 million per. This market just finished half a decade screaming about Myers contract lol.