[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

you did watch BOSTON play those years right ?

who’s talking this year? Lol 

im talking future.

everyone has there own “prime” time line,

and generation of hockey to play in.

Youve brought up Chara , not me.

Zadorov has the potential to be a hall of famer WITH our Coaching Staff , and if he stays here.

your playing the part of our local journalism heros with your spin .

lol

There was a meanness to Chara that I don’t see in Big Z. But Big Z skates a heck of a lot better and has far superior puck skills. 
IMHAO we have Big Z locked up to a 5.35 x 6 contract this weekend. We will sign Tanev to be his partner. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

There was a meanness to Chara that I don’t see in Big Z. But Big Z skates a heck of a lot better and has far superior puck skills. 
IMHAO we have Big Z locked up to a 5.35 x 6 contract this weekend. We will sign Tanev to be his partner. 

and tanev can swap between z and q seamlessly. versatility is good. soucy-myers as the best bottom pair in the nhl. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Don't move the goal post.  I said at the same age Chara and Zadorov are not even comparable.  They simply are not.  Chara got even better after that 29th year like you said.  

I also didn't bring up Chara.  I was just replying to another poster that was trying to compare Zadorov to him.  I'm saying it's not even close.  

Prime ,   Is a goal post ,  and it moves to where history leaves it.

I haven’t and I’m not trying to compare him to Chara , you brought him into the discussion after I made the remark that Zads has a tragectory that we have seen rise in his short time here.

And in your comparison Chara is / was not as good of skater as Zadorov.

Yes , Zad has the potential to be a hall of famer .

it’s my statement your creating variables and creating comparisons for 

lol .

I agree ,  Zads is not Chara lol .

But Zads still has potential to be even better than he has for us because of the situation here,.  And with our excellent Coaching staff ,  his growth could be tremendous in a short period of time because this is the situation he was hoping to find .

Where with other teams he didn’t get those opportunities.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

and tanev can swap between z and q seamlessly. versatility is good. soucy-myers as the best bottom pair in the nhl. 

Yup. 
Highes, ???

Z, Tanev

Soucy, Myers

I think Hronek will be traded. Sounds too similar to the Horfat Wallet money chasing. So not too sure who plays beside Hughes?

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Prime ,   Is a goal post ,  and it moves to where history leaves it.

I haven’t and I’m not trying to compare him to Chara , you brought him into the discussion after I made the remark that Zads has a tragectory that we have seen rise in his short time here.

And in your comparison Chara is / was not as good of skater as Zadorov.

Yes , Zad has the potential to be a hall of famer .

it’s my statement your creating variables and creating comparisons for 

lol .

I agree ,  Zads is not Chara lol .

But Zads still has potential to be even better than he has for us because of the situation here,.  And with our excellent Coaching staff ,  his growth could be tremendous in a short period of time because this is the situation he was hoping to find .

Where with other teams he didn’t get those opportunities.

Learn to read bud.  I replied to another poster that tried to compare Zadorov and Chara.  I said they are not comparable at all.  Then YOU jumped in.  Have no idea where you came up with the conclusion that I brought up Chara.

If we both agree Zadorov and Chara are not comparable, I don't even know what we're talking about anymore lol

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Learn to read bud.  I replied to another poster that tried to compare Zadorov and Chara.  I said they are not comparable at all.  Then YOU jumped in.  Have no idea where you came up with the conclusion that I brought up Chara.

If we both agree Zadorov and Chara are not comparable, I don't even know what we're talking about anymore lol

hey “bud” ..

I Win Winner Winner GIF by The Original Donut Shop Coffee

😉 

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

hey “bud” ..

I Win Winner Winner GIF by The Original Donut Shop Coffee

😉 

What I will agree with you on though is that Zadorov has room to improve.  Personally I think he could be a solid top 4 defenceman.  For most of his career he has been a tweener between the 2nd and bottom pair.  I could see him getting upto the 20min atoi regularly. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. 
Highes, ???

Z, Tanev

Soucy, Myers

I think Hronek will be traded. Sounds too similar to the Horfat Wallet money chasing. So not too sure who plays beside Hughes?

pesce?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

pesce?

It would be cool if Allvin could trade for both Guentzel’s and Pesce’s rights?

Hronek + Garland for the rights to Geuntzel and Pesce. 
Hughes, Pesce

Z, Tanev

Soucy, Myers

Juulsson

Geuntzel, Petey, xxx

xxx, Miller, Boeser

• Cheers 1

Here we are with Zad.

The unknown factor of what's really happening. 

He is exactly what we have been looking for.

All while the 🦒 said he likes it here as well. 3 million for brain farts is insane. Let him go ,assign Juulsen full time , saved money gives us Zadorov easy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, snowman955 said:

Here we are with Zad.

All while the 🦒 said he likes it here as well. 3 million for brain farts is insane. Let him go ,assign Juulsen full time , saved money gives us Zadorov easy.

What if we trade Hronek for assets and let Myers walk? Who plays our right side other than Juulsson? 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

What I will agree with you on though is that Zadorov has room to improve.  Personally I think he could be a solid top 4 defenceman.  For most of his career he has been a tweener between the 2nd and bottom pair.  I could see him getting upto the 20min atoi regularly. 

He’s been vocal about not being utilized to his better strengths..

the staff here heard him and started to give him opportunities to step up and he responded well.

I already think he is a top 4 pairing Dman.

Could he be a top 2 dMan ?

Yes,  but his game at that level will not be the same type as Quinn or Makar ,.

Zads is more Defensive orientated ,  but wise to opportunities offensively.

I doubt if we’d see Quinn throw EKane over the boards, I don’t see that potential in him

😉

Every player brings their own dynamic to their game ,  Zadorov checks off a lot of those boxes,.  And may start checking off a few more..  but only with these Coaches who now beleive what he has been saying for years.

That’s why he hasn’t found “home”.

He HAS to be the first one to sign.

he won’t be replaced easily,

that physical intimidating presence may deter 2 goals against every game ,

but it’s worth 1 point per game every night.

cheers .

let’s sign him and play already !

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

the staff here heard him and started to give him opportunities to step up and he responded well.

I doubt if we’d see Quinn throw EKane over the boards, I don’t see that potential in him

😉

Every player brings their own dynamic to their game ,  Zadorov checks off a lot of those boxes,.  And may start checking off a few more..  but only with these Coaches who now beleive what he has been saying for years.

cheers .

well said, i agree 100%

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Here we are with Zad.

I think you’re right about Myers ,.  Let’s let Juulsen have a position .

Like you said it Helps with cap as well 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

😉

cheers .

The totality of his play simply does not show that, imo.  Good dman, but not great and a #4-5 at best.  You're letting recency bias cloud the overall picture I think

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Chara didn’t learn how to skate until he was 28 .

I watched a year of his Junior in PG ,  he skated like Bambi at 27 still.

and I’ll add he didnt become superior until he hit his 30’s and his physical growth settled.

Yeah. I recall when Chara was drafted by the Islanders in IIRC the 4th round. His skating was atrocious.

At that time the Islanders had some good scouts as they drafted a lot of good players but their General Manager of that time was none other than "Mad" Mike Milbury, who had a penchant for trading away young players, which he did in this case trading Chara to Ottawa. A few years later, where his much improved play put Ottawa in a bind. They had two very good defensemen and could only afford one. Ottawa made the wrong choice and as they say "the rest is history." Boston obtained a large 6'9" defenseman with a bit of a penchant for playing tough (even nasty at times). He was known for sticking up for his teammates and I believe that they all played a little bit bigger because of this.

There are certainly some similarities between Chara and Zadorov. 

Both big, tough defensemen capable of moving the puck and scoring. They both protect their teammates.

Zadorov may also win some awards if he progresses a bit and the team continues it's ascendancy towards being one of the elite teams in the NHL.

Could just be a case of being in the right place at the right time, as it happened for Chara.

Edited by Artemus
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

The totality of his play simply does not show that, imo.  Good dman, but not great and a #4-5 at best.  You're letting recency bias cloud the overall picture I think

so your going off of his totality to this point in his career,  without accounting for the fact we are just seeing him encroaching his prime ?

He’s been with us 4 months ,.   And I think his stats in that time will show the reflection of the opportunities given to him here meld with his potential.

His potential has been surpressed before he got here because other teams just wanted a big intimidating player that they didn’t have to pay more than 3 mil for.

A player can only “show” what his worth is if given opportunities.

Those were explored in his short time here,

and I would think that changed his trajectory.

I see that “totality” changing if he stays here.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Yeah. I recall when Chara was drafted by the Islanders in IIRC the 4th round. His skating was atrocious.

At that time the Islanders had some good scouts as they drafted a lot of good players but their General Manager of that time was none other than "Mad" Mike Milbury, who had a penchant for trading away young players, which he did in this case trading Chara to Ottawa. A few years later, where his much improved play put Ottawa in a bind. They had two very good defensemen and could only afford one. Ottawa made the wrong choice and as they say "the rest is history." Boston obtained a large 6'9" defenseman with a bit of penchant for playing tough (even nasty at times). He was known for sticking up for his teammates and I believe that they all played a little bit bigger because of this.

There are certainly some similarities between Chara and Zadorov. 

Both big, tough defensemen capable of moving the puck and scoring. They both protect their teammates.

Zadorov may also win some awards if he progresses a bit and the team continues it's ascendancy towards being one of the elite teams in the NHL.

Could just be a case of being in the right place at the right time, as it happened for Chara.

I appreciate your post .

It’s the generations of this game that cloud “comparables”.

Similarities is a better word for this game when we look explain the “game” players bring.

Comparisons has everyone running for statistical data , sometimes many years apart.

For this Generation of the game with its speed and skill set being its best ever ,

Zadorov is not out of place .

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Yeah agree 

he’s a unique player - even more than what we hoped tryamkin would be 

We have a lot of cap 

we have to use it to fill top of the lineup guys then rely on our pro scouting to fill out lower end lineup guys who can exceed expectation with RTs system and great structure/ coaching staff

This is it right there! Just as much as we need a top goalie or a PMD, we NEED a player like this as part our core group. 

A player such as a Byfuglin, Pronger, Chara or a Scott Stevens brings a whole new dimension to your defense, especially in the playoffs. 

"Unique" is an understatement IMHO.

Edited by EdgarM
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think when Soucy went down with injury, we did not skip a beat because we had Zadz in the line up. I actually see them interchangeable with Zads having the potential to produce more offense and definitely more physicality moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This is it right there! Just as much as we need a top goalie or a PMD, we NEED a player like this as part our core group. 

A player such as a Byfuglin, Pronger, Chara or a Scott Stevens brings a whole new dimension to your defense, especially in the playoffs. 

"Unique" is an understatement IMHO.

Yup. Have to be a closet Canuck hater not to agree with your points. It’s obvious to any true Canuck fan we need to keep Big Z. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2