[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

2 hours ago, fuzzy said:

Now that Hronek has signed I think the focus will shift to Zadorov. My guess is term over money. I think he signs for less than we expect at 4.95 mil x 8 years

He is 29.  
we arent giving him 8 years 

that’s probably why there hasn’t been a deal done yet 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

He is 29.  

True. That and Hughes and Soucy take the top two pairing left side minutes. Big Z is kind of a luxury for our club. Would be great to have him but he could get a lot more elsewhere. It’s just going to be from a craperolla club in an ugly city. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuzzy said:

Now that Hronek has signed I think the focus will shift to Zadorov. My guess is term over money. I think he signs for less than we expect at 4.95 mil x 8 years

I don't think you're far off......more likely 6-7 years and a tad over $5M/yr though.

• Cheers 1

I wouldn’t wanna go higher than 6. I guess it depends on how low Myers AAV will end up being. Brendan Dillon would be a solid replacement if Zadorov prices himself out.

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I don't think you're far off......more likely 6-7 years and a tad over $5M/yr though.

I don’t see this management group doing that.

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is after the Hroneck signing.

AF54564A-D9D3-4CBC-A1A8-AA51EA946ADB.thumb.jpeg.b29578b0c6dfb73dd8712adfe2c118b4.jpeg

… what would a buyout on Poolman look like,  and would that really help us ?

Shouldn't he considering retirement?

Poolman's salary puts us into LTIR, but we still get to use that money on other players. I'm still hoping we can trade his rights for the final year to avoid LTIR altogether.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Poolman's salary puts us into LTIR, but we still get to use that money on other players. I'm still hoping we can trade his rights for the final year to avoid LTIR altogether.

Man, when is it going to end with Poolman? 

• Cheers 1

19.3 in cap space 

To CAR

Milky 

Podz

2026 1st 

Raty 

To VAN

Necas 6.75x 3

Rights to JG 7.75x 8

cap change = -8.75

CAP space -= 19.3-8.75

silovs 1

Bluegger 1.75x 4

Myers 2.5

Zadorov 4.5 x7

Brett Murray .750

JG Petey Necas

Hogz Miller Brock 

Suter Bluegger Garland 

PDG Aman Murray 

Hughes Hronek

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is after the Hroneck signing.

AF54564A-D9D3-4CBC-A1A8-AA51EA946ADB.thumb.jpeg.b29578b0c6dfb73dd8712adfe2c118b4.jpeg

… what would a buyout on Poolman look like,  and would that really help us ?

Shouldn't he considering retirement?

A buyout would cost us cap space. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Still no news?

It's a good thing.

My guess is they're trying to unload Mikheyev.  If they can trade him for a bag of pucks (no cap in return), then we can afford Z.

If we have to buyout Mik, then we'll probably lose Zadorov and go after Dillon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Still no news?

No news is good, we don’t wanna hear “zadorov expected to become UFA after contract was unable to be reached” in my opinion that’s the agents ways of giving other teams heads up to save their money and not sign their pending free agents so they can throw the bag at their client 

• Like 1

Just now, HKSR said:

It's a good thing.

My guess is they're trying to unload Mikheyev.  If they can trade him for a bag of pucks (no cap in return), then we can afford Z.

If we have to buyout Mik, then we'll probably lose Zadorov and go after Dillon.

it sure sounds like a sweetener has to be attached... I wonder if someone off our reserve list could get it done? (other than willander of course)

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it sure sounds like a sweetener has to be attached... I wonder if someone off our reserve list could get it done? (other than willander of course)

Teams are probably asking for a 1st right now given that they expect Vancouver to be a top 10 team.  Means the pick will be in the mid 20s. 

Vancouver is probably countering with a 2nd. 

It'll probably cost us a 2nd and a B-tier prospect (Klimovich, Mcdonough, Mcward, Hirose, etc)...  dunno if it's a price PA/JR are willing to pay given Dillon is out there.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Teams are probably asking for a 1st right now given that they expect Vancouver to be a top 10 team.  Means the pick will be in the mid 20s. 

Vancouver is probably countering with a 2nd. 

It'll probably cost us a 2nd and a B-tier prospect (Klimovich, Mcdonough, Mcward, Hirose, etc)...  dunno if it's a price PA/JR are willing to pay given Dillon is out there.

ouch. I think id prefer the buyout then tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

ouch. I think id prefer the buyout then tbh. 

If we keep our first for the draft then I would be okay moving a 2nd, I just really fear the “2 years to be normal after surgery” I’d prefer to swap bad contract for bad contract, Jeff skinner retained 2 million for mikheyev could be a great swap for us 

• ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

He is 29.  

Here's hoping, 4-5 years is what they should be aiming for. 6 at most, and even that's probably too much. 

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Here's hoping, 4-5 years is what they should be aiming for. 6 at most, and even that's probably too much. 

move clauses can buffer term.

can actually help the signing team both ways..  a consistently “good” player is great value as the Cap Rises over 6 years. 

Zadorov on a 6 year would have far better value in that 5-6 year than what we signed Myers for.

6 years 5.5m.   I hope would be a great deal for both parties.

I think we’ve all been shell shocked and on high alert for the next LE21 .

Edited by SilentSam

Im not sure Z daddy is coming back, there was a rumor that he would receive a final offer this weekend. Then yesterday they sign Hronek to a big contract and hearing rumbling they going hard on JG. Zadorov playoff performance likely priced him out of our budget same with Joshua. May be dependent on moving Mikheyev.

Edited by Bure_Pavel

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

move clauses can buffer term.

can actually help the signing team both ways..  a consistently “good” player is great value as the Cap Rises over 6 years. 

Zadorov on a 6 year would have far better value in that 5-6 year than what we signed Myers for.

6 years 5.5m.   I hope would be a great deal for both parties.

I think we’ve all been shell shocked and on high alert for the next LE21 .

It's not that, I just generally don't care for term that takes players into their later 30's. A deal that takes Zadorov to say.. 34? Yeah, that's not so bad.

I'd rather pay more per year to have that happen.

It's really quiet, and neither party has leaked that a deal won't be done before July 1st.  Tells me the Canucks are working really hard to try and make it happen.  I honestly think they're trying to unload Mikheyev right now to guarantee the cap space available.

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's not that, I just generally don't care for term that takes players into their later 30's. A deal that takes Zadorov to say.. 34? Yeah, that's not so bad.

I'd rather pay more per year to have that happen.

Big D men who have his skill and coordination last a long time .

im fine with his Contract going to 36 years

with clauses.