[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

27 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

IMG_7264.jpeg

if this is referencing the rick dhaliwal clip above, the "... until free agency is over" part of this post is entirely fabricated. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the Canucks are happy with what Zadorov wants , but might find a way of sweetening his deal if they can land 1 or 2 big guns at a mild discount as well.

Hypothetically ..

let’s say Zads wants 4.5 x 6.

Management goes Wow !

Nik ,  we’re gracious for the flexibility,

Your here !

.. but if you can hang on a week and let’s see what we have for solid deals or trades,   we might be able to bump that to a 7 year term or  closer to 5m .

Anyone ?   
                          Or is that too cute ? Lol !

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

Good Faith on both sides, can build bridges to success.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I wonder if the Canucks are happy with what Zadorov wants , but might find a way of sweetening his deal if they can land 1 or 2 big guns at a mild discount as well.

Hypothetically ..

Management goes Wow !

Your here !

.. but if you can hang on a week and let’s see what we have for solid deals or trades,   we might be able to bump that to a 7 year term or  closer to 5m .

Anyone ?   

It's a possibility

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hypothetically ..

Management goes Wow !

Your here !

Anyone ?   

Good Faith on both sides, can build bridges to success.

I'd love to live in this fantasy world. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

That's really promising that he's willing to be patient. If LA can get out of the Dubois contract then I'm sure Mikheyev can be moved too. 

It’s going to be tricky I’m hoping Rutherford has on old man favours owed list he can dial up and make this as painless to us as possible 

26 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Have to give credit to this fanbase. The way fans have made their voices heard about wanting him back must have made negations interesting. 

It shows an engagement with the team that fans haven’t had in a while. 

I mean not just the fan base did you hear the way tocchet talked about him? He’s ready to throw an A on the big man’s shoulder this should be priority number one even ahead of a guentzel signing 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Have to give credit to this fanbase. The way fans have made their voices heard about wanting him back must have made negations interesting. 

It shows an engagement with the team that fans haven’t had in a while. 

Murph touched on this on Canucks Army interview..

• Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

It’s going to be tricky I’m hoping Rutherford has on old man favours owed list he can dial up and make this as painless to us as possible 

I mean not just the fan base did you hear the way tocchet talked about him? He’s ready to throw an A on the big man’s shoulder this should be priority number one even ahead of a guentzel signing 

What did Tocchet say?

Link to audio?

9 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Or bought out. 

Absolutely:  they don't need a trade partner for that option.  Let's face it, whether or not signing Mikheyev was a mistake, we have to move on from him now to re-sign the guys who did work out for us.  I'm encouraged that SJ picked up Goodrow on waivers and suspect that a buyout is coming if they can't arrange something similar..  

• ThereItIs 1

Important turn around on Zadorov's contract talks: Willing to be open minded

Screenshot_2024-06-20-11-29-34-895.thumb.jpg.ee911a3923efb340279d96f25f16eab4.jpg

With the Vancouver Canucks crossing Filip Hronek's extension of their to-do list, the main focus has turned to big defenceman Nikita Zadorov.

Canucks Insider Rick Dhaliwal says all of the team, players, and agent Dan Milstein would like to see a reunion, but with the Canucks looking to improve their roster, they need to clear up some cap. He says, however, that talks continue between the two sides, and it's a good sign.

Screenshot_2024-06-20-11-27-02-348.thumb.jpg.b48e41f0559ad153da160f8757ddf6fb.jpg

Dhaliwal says fans would hate to see Zadorov go, and the team wants to find a way to do it, but they need to find more cap space.

He speculated that a Mikheyev trade would be a very convenient way to open up the cap needed, but what that would look like is unknown. His co-host Don Taylor however, brought caution to the table, saying the Canucks should be wary of overpaying as much as they'd like to keep the player.

The Canucks project to have $18.5 million in cap space next season, but with holes in both the top 4 defence and top 6 forward group, it will dry up quickly.

Source: Donnie and Dhali - The Team

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/important-turn-around-on-zadorov-contract-talks-willing-to-be-open-minded

• Like 1