[ARTICLE] What it might take to sign Nikita Zadorov and if it makes sense for the Canucks

hopefully later today, there's news on either a trade or a signing. 

I'm thinking Zadorov signs later today, or could management swing a deal to send that 4th they received from the Hawks to the Canes for the rights to Guentzel? But a part of me thinks that they could sign Jake on Monday, so what's the point of sending a draft pick (even if it is a 4th rounder) to Carolina? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm thinking Zadorov signs later today, or could management swing a deal to send that 4th they received from the Hawks to the Canes for the rights to Guentzel? But a part of me thinks that they could sign Jake on Monday, so what's the point of sending a draft pick (even if it is a 4th rounder) to Carolina? 

I don't think Guentzel ends up traded, they're still trying to sign him. They'll likely either find a way to sign him or he'll probably hit UFA. 

23 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Joshua just signed

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Feeling a home town discount coming for Zadorov... Hronek, Blueger, and Joshua all took a bit less than market value.  It's gonna make a big difference for this team.

Honestly, considering both Joshua and Blueger take home less than him and still took less to stay, it'll actually be a disappointment if he doesn't take one 

• Like 1