[PGT] Sabres at Canucks

9 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Well, this is a simple math question. Edmonton took 75% of points in the last 10 games, Canucks took - 70% Applying the same % to the all remaining games, we'll get Canucks 112 points, Edmonton 110 points

It's going to be close, that's for sure. 

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

But their D is holding up.  Will get even better when Demko returns.

Fun with stats- what if the other 9 games had them outscored 62-3?

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Also -fun with stats- Riccio doesn't say what Petey's stat line looks like when they lose.

Not surprisingly- it isn't good.

There is the truth, and  then there is the whole truth.

Stat snippets, are not the whole story.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

He did.  Seems like Petey benefited from the chaos Garland and Hoggy were creating around the net, even though it's not the game he normally plays.  On paper that line shouldn't work:  two small wingers. etc.  On the ice it looked pretty damn good.

Yeah, this was an awesome combination. Hoglander and Garland BOTH deserve to be playing meaningful minutes because they are contributing lots of offense.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Yeah, this was an awesome combination. Hoglander and Garland BOTH deserve to be playing meaningful minutes because they are contributing lots of offense.

Two small wingers that play twice their size. I'm not shocked they had some success; I agree they both deserve to play some more meaningful minutes, they've certainly earned it.

16 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

JT is at 55%, Lindholm is at 61% since joining the canucks but was at 55% with Calgary. Perhaps more importantly he is R handed whereas JT is L handed.

Generally, the coach should recognize this and act accordingly. If they're playing together it should be a given who takes it and who they're up against.

Lindholm had arguably his best game as a Canuck and Mikheyev was excellent. Nice to see Ilya's speed coming back, hopefully he will be at his best for the playoffs. It will be like getting an extra true top 6 forward.

A bit too much sitting back in the 3rd, though that strategy looked worse because of the flukey Dahlin goal. And Dahlin is one hell of a hockey player.

This might be a golden age of NHL d men.

Dahlin

Makar

Hughes

soon the other Hughes

Josi

Fox

and quite a few more.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We'll I guess that must maker Lind-🏠 feeling pretty bad looking in the mirror each morning - being at a whopping Minus -15 (Ranked  #814 worst +/- player out of all 885 Skaters in the entire National Hockey League !).............. with the next worst player on our team only being at -2.   

Lind is -7 with the canucks, team-wide +\- is dropping.

Last year brock was -20, joshua -16, miller -7. 

He needs to step up offensively but i don't think he's awful defensively, more just came during a bad stretch. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Petey got three points and honestly played how he has been playing.  I dont get how him getting results is him playing well and him not getting results is him playing poorly.  A lot of that is puck luck and how other players play against him.  

Overall we need to let the big dogs eat and let the players play.  RT is pushing low event hockey too much and we got to let the talented players play.  Another game we could have blown open that we held on to win.  

Lol what are you talking about? 

Levi stood on his head. 

We had soooo many grade A chances 

We could have scored 4-5 goals with a little more puck luck. 

• Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why?  Edm is only 8 games back with 3 in hand and they're not losing much.  

That's a chance not a very good chance...it assumes they'll win all 3 and that we'll crap the bed the remainder of the season..sounds like wishin' and hopin'. ..Dusty

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

That's a chance not a very good chance...it assumes they'll win all 3 and that we'll crap the bed the remainder of the season..sounds like wishin' and hopin'. ..Dusty

Based on their winning percentages after the All star break, it's very likely going down to the last game. If they continue as they are now, chances are Vancouver will be 2 points ahead of Edmonton. The scepticism is based in part on previous years of struggling to get into the playoffs combined with how we've been a 500 hockey team since the All star break. At least this time, it's not a matter of getting into the playoffs but winning the Division.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Seems like I am one of the few who would rather draw Vegas in the first round. I think the Canucks match up well against them, rather than playing one of these red hot teams.

I think vegas is where they’re at because of their injuries. A few of their key players missing games this year. They don’t really have any point per game players either other than 1. I think personally I’m hoping we get the Wild or Blues. Both are right there to take that 2nd wildcard spot. First time in a long time the playoff race will be interesting for us.

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think vegas is where they’re at because of their injuries. A few of their key players missing games this year. They don’t really have any point per game players either other than 1. I think personally I’m hoping we get the Wild or Blues. Both are right there to take that 2nd wildcard spot. First time in a long time the playoff race will be interesting for us.

I'd be worried if we ended up playing the Wild or Blues, both teams have owned the Canucks this year.

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He's got 82 pts. So majority (66) of his pts are helping the team win.   On the losses he only scored 16 pts.  

Not surprisingly when your best player doesn't score, your team tend to lose.  He's a difference maker.  

It would be interesting to see the numbers on which teams Petey scores on. Is it the “lesser” teams he preys on or does he show up when we’re facing teams like Boston, Colorado, Florida, etc. 

Some feel he has monster games against lesser opponents but isn’t a difference maker in those tougher games.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

It would be interesting to see the numbers on which teams Petey scores on. Is it the “lesser” teams he preys on or does he show up when we’re facing teams like Boston, Colorado, Florida, etc. 

Some feel he has monster games against lesser opponents but isn’t a difference maker in those tougher games.

I saw something not long ago. He has more point % against the top 10% of the best teams then he does the rest 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

He doesn't beat up on weaker teams and vanish against the good ones.

He's just streaky, but so good that even 'cold' he gets points.

Looking forward to watching him over the next few years, I think he's going to top out at 130 points in a season, and likely get 100plus for most of his new contract.

Just wish they could find him a winger, that gets welded to him, like Brock is welded to Miller.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

He doesn't beat up on weaker teams and vanish against the good ones.

He's just streaky, but so good that even 'cold' he gets points.

Looking forward to watching him over the next few years, I think he's going to top out at 130 points in a season, and likely get 100plus for most of his new contract.

Just wish they could find him a winger, that gets welded to him, like Brock is welded to Miller.

Need to keep him with Garland for awhile. They looked really good together last night 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am only getting the 10 minute version of games while away but Hughes looked absolutely deadly. His passing and skating is stunning. Then he throws a hit!!! 

More and more Hughes looks like the best player the team has ever had.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2