[PGT] Sabres at Canucks

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

More and more Hughes looks like the best player the team has ever had.

I miss Eddie Vedder and his Boeser takes and that Hughes is not a no.1 defencemen hah

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe we need to flip these lines on their head if Garland and Petey are a fit.

We all know that the line of Joshua-Blueger-Garland was our best line alot of nights. Garland and Joshua clearly have something special. So why not move those two up with Petey?

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Suter Lindholm Mikheyev

Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty

46 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

JT is at 55%, Lindholm is at 61% since joining the canucks but was at 55% with Calgary. Perhaps more importantly he is R handed whereas JT is L handed.

Hmmmm.......I like your suggestion of Garly and Daks with Petey in between. But as per the norm these days with forward lines, it's pairings that get the attention. And pairings with our Nucks are, or have been; JTM/Flow, Petey/Kuzy,  (Yea. I know. He's a Flame, but he was the go to scoring partner with Petey. Perhaps the only one thus far!). Garly/Daks, and as yet the 4th I dunno.

Seems the forward line pairings lean on offensive production. Now I don't know about Lindholm centering Ilya and Suter, but it seems a worthwhile suggestion. Maybe the way Ilya has played lately will spark Lindholm.

I believe I saw mention in this thread of not wanting to pay Lindholm 4plus mil just to win FO's. I get it. But like a decade and a half ago, wasn't Manny Malholtra given 2.5mil just to do that?!?!??!?!? It worked till his eye injury. Aroo........ And I believe at some point Manny be in the Selkie trophy talks the same year Kes got it. Seemingly a parallel with Malholtra and Lindholm here..................Hmmmmmmm.............

Yea. Lindholm be a R shot centre. A commodity of the highest magnitude in the NHL. We need him. 'Nuff said!

:towel::towel::towel:

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He did. That guy never stops. A true dynamo. I'm so glad a trade didn't materialize for him, as he's been one of the most consistent motors this team has had throughout this season. 

Spot on...

If against the odds they decide to off load Garland during the summer, they will NOT have any problems doing so... his value has sky rocketed this season, from where it was at the beginning...

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It’s either LA, Vegas, or Minny at this point. Pick your poison.

I dunno about you but Minny is looking pretty dangerous. Plus they’ve got that 10-7 game against us fresh in their minds.

There will be no easy teams.

There it is... We got to play somebody, and there isn't any easy teams at this stage...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Btw.  It would be nice to see Hughes decide to add that step forward timed shoulder hit to his nightly game.  The way Hughes adds on to his game each year that ability to do that regularly would be a game changer.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Based on their winning percentages after the All star break, it's very likely going down to the last game. If they continue as they are now, chances are Vancouver will be 2 points ahead of Edmonton. The scepticism is based in part on previous years of struggling to get into the playoffs combined with how we've been a 500 hockey team since the All star break. At least this time, it's not a matter of getting into the playoffs but winning the Division.

Edmonton and the Canucks play many of the same teams down the stretch (stars, jets, kings etc). But the Oilers have to play the Maple Leafs this week and the Avs twice. The Oilers vs Canucks game should be a good one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

A complete mismanagement. 

So many top picks and shit management. Same with Arizona and Edmonton, for far too long. 

Edit: You can throw the BJs in there as well. 

NJD 2 playoff appearance in 13 seasons once this season concludes.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yep, saw it, but still think, he mixed it up with Hronek, who just grabbed and held him. It was a while after the Petey incident, and after that a few shifts later Myers nailed him...

I'll watch it back, when I get time.

Yah, I remember the Hronek thing too. Payback for both I guess….

cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Hronek also had a crack at him.

I loved it.

That should've been called (the extra cross check when he was down). Punk ass loser.

Yah, he really didn’t pan out in the NHL for a first rounder (10th Colorado). I remember him from his years in Penticton, he was a very good player on a great team. His last two seasons he had 104 points both years. Both years 42-62 in 46 & 48 games.

Now he’s a 4th line chump who apparently has to resort to dirty play to have any affect.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Its a toss up.

Miller is the finisher so he stands out. Not that he doesn't work hard all the time.

But Hughes gets his points mostly from assists. He does all his work before the goal. So its easy to overlook all he does.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

It wasn't an oil painting and the lack of scoring is still a bit worrying, but at this point, a win is a win....

Almost as important was seeing Millsy come back out in the 3rd.....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

It wasn't an oil painting and the lack of scoring is still a bit worrying, but at this point, a win is a win....

Almost as important was seeing Millsy come back out in the 3rd.....

I’d rather we pump in 5 or 6 goals each night and be able to watch the individual stats pop - but call me crazy, in the long run it’s better for the team to be playing (and winning) close games, regardless of the level of competition.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s either LA, Vegas, or Minny at this point. Pick your poison.

I dunno about you but Minny is looking pretty dangerous. Plus they’ve got that 10-7 game against us fresh in their minds.

There will be no easy teams.

So true. As someone else posted, there is so much parity in the league now. Teams are not just sneaking into the playoffs anymore. The teams that make it are all good teams. Playoffs are a new season, everyone has a shot.

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe we need to flip these lines on their head if Garland and Petey are a fit.

We all know that the line of Joshua-Blueger-Garland was our best line alot of nights. Garland and Joshua clearly have something special. So why not move those two up with Petey?

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Suter Lindholm Mikheyev

Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty

This actually looks so good. Aside from not being sure Joshua could handle the minutes of top 6 duty especially when he comes back. The nice thing is he had a hand injury and I’m sure has been staying in game shape as best as he can. 

2 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

I think Petey is always elite.  Just reading all this 'what is wrong with Petey' stuff here and in the media from people who are judging results and not play.  

Garlands last presser when asked about playing with Petey, ‘he does everything at an exceptional level’

• ThereItIs 1