[PGT] Sabres at Canucks

12 hours ago, stawns said:

Why?  Edm is only 8 games back with 3 in hand and they're not losing much.  

Did you see their remaining schedule?

Edited by RomanPer
  • Cheers 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, stawns said:

Like I said, it's going to be close, probably a matter of a point or two.  The wild card on this is that the winner of the Pacific may very well end up #2 in the conference and up with a very good, very hot Nashville team, in which case maybe getting #2 in the division and getting LA is a better matchup 

Everything you said in this quote may be true. I was only disagreeing with your comment that oilers have a high chance to win the division. That comment was false. They have a low chance of winning the division. 

• Cheers 1

Canucks played well aside from defending the lead again.

Dunno how many more lessons we have to learn about giving up on playing hockey with a lead but alas this team is dead set on parking the bus and getting scored on when they deviate from playing their game late in games.

Super concerning. It's the only time this team plays bad and they absolutely refuse to learn how to get out of it. The worst part is they didn't play like this earlier in the year. 

15 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Dunno how many more lessons we have to learn about giving up on playing hockey with a lead but alas this team is dead set on parking the bus and getting scored on when they deviate from playing their game late in games.

Super concerning. It's the only time this team plays bad and they absolutely refuse to learn how to get out of it. The worst part is they didn't play like this earlier in the year. 

We kicked their asses. Demko makes saves that deSmith doesn’t. It’s all about winning games. Guys are looking forward to playoff hockey. The scrub teams this is their playoffs. It’s why wins for scrub teams don’t mean much this time of year. So us winning is all that matters now. Just win. 

Edited by Alflives

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

They definitely did play like this earlier in the year. They were definitely protecting the leaf earlier in the year

7 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Everything you said in this quote may be true. I was only disagreeing with your comment that oilers have a high chance to win the division. That comment was false. They have a low chance of winning the division. 

We'll see I guess.  

1 hour ago, stawns said:

We'll see I guess.  

Anything can happen. 

It is sports. 

Im just saying you are incorrect in thinking that there is a high chance the oilers win the division. The probabilities are actually very low for that to happen. 

Even if the oilers win the division, it doesn't mean you are right, it just means that they achieved something that had really low probabilities. 

Just math and statistics... 

On 3/19/2024 at 10:27 PM, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Lindy has been playing better as of late and tonight looked really good. If he keeps playing like this then he'll do just fine

I think we have been very kind and patient with a LOW bar for him.

we need more from him.

And hope you are right. He didn't look worse thats for sure. But outside of dominating in the face-off circle I haven't been impressed.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:18 AM, spook007 said:

Think it was Hronek he mixed it up with just prior to Myers nailing him... beauty...

Early in the game Jost got him and gave him an extra shot on the ice. I am sure the guys noticed

• Cheers 1