[PGT] Sabres at Canucks

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

can you comprehend that the other team is an nhl team with several young stud players who are playing desperately.  It’s a complete lack of respect for every opponent you have night in and night out thinking the Canucks should trounce the other team - never relinquish the lead..  and basically seal off the defensive zone and not allow the team a whiff . With all their bad habits, lack of maturity, their inability to meet pressure with pressure, things you point out constantly  at the slightest hint of adversity- I wonder how they could possibly sit at the top of the division and near the top of the league. 

Never said that once so I am ignoring this post. It is sure great they won though.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Cluminati said:

Don’t ever scare us like that you stud, leaving the bench and missing a few shifts. 

Yes I agree. I was trying to figure out how they were going to fill the lines with him out. It didn’t look promising. Thank goodness he came back!

16 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not that they are weak. It’s when they sit back that just doesn’t make sense. It usually always results in a goal. They won so it doesn’t matter but it sure would be nice if we didn’t have 7 min of sitting back. Meeting pressure with pressure. Again they won so it doesn’t matter but the habits do moving forward.

But that's not what happened in the game.  Other recent games I'd agree. Tonight I thought they played first whistle to last.  For the most part anyways. Did they clamp down more in the third up by two? Sure. But they still had cycles in the O zone and got their chances.  They kept up the pressure.  That's where you lose credibility.

• Cheers 2

Just now, kilgore said:

But that's not what happened in the game.  Other recent games I'd agree. Tonight I thought they played first whistle to last.  For the most part anyways. Did they clamp down more in the third up by two? Sure. But they still had cycles in the O zone and got their chances.  They kept up the pressure.  That's where you lose credibility.

Well that’s just your opinion. Others have stated they thought they were sitting back as well. You’re entitled to your opinion, it doesn’t mean you’re right. Same can be said for myself. All opinions. That’s what’s so great about an open forum. All opinions.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well that’s just your opinion. Others have stated they thought they were sitting back as well. You’re entitled to your opinion, it doesn’t mean you’re right. Same can be said for myself. All opinions. That’s what’s so great about an open forum. All opinions.

Fair enough

but I'm right 🙂

• ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I enjoyed that a lot.

Lindholm outside of the faceoff circle isn’t looking so hot to me. It’s past the adjustment period.

he was the “big fish”.

monahan, guentzel, toffoli all killing it.

guentzel was the big fish and toffoli would have been a clear fit and he would have helped EP out a lot.

Hoglander-Petey-Toffoli

oh well.

hoping lindy gets going soon but I don’t see how he’s gonna get his confidence up not on PP1.

Lindy has been playing better as of late and tonight looked really good. If he keeps playing like this then he'll do just fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Parity in the league is real. Whether you are #1 or #32, on any given night you can win or lose. The opponents are trying to win too you know. 

43 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya that’s my biggest issue. The issues Tochett has been worried about happened again. Needs to stop at some point.

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I know we Nux fans had it tough this past decade, but imagine being a Sabres fan. 

Screenshot_20240320-013022.png

Our franchise sister city's got to hold up the sad club.

At least until we are in the happy club

But that playoff famine is brutal

Edited by kilgore