Meanwhile... the guys we should have in our top 6 vs the ones we get stuck with...

DexM94

14 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't like the lindholm trade but he was not given a chance in the lineup.. if monahan is in the same situation as lindholm he would be struggling just as bad.. lindholm basically was just given like 6-7 games split with miller or EP and then he was stapled to the bottom 6.. if monahan or toffoli is stapled to our bottom 6 they ain't gonna do anything there. tocchet is never going to give time or another chance for lindholm in the top 6 or pp by the looks of it.. if you are putting suter and mikheyev ahead of lindholm even though they ahven't done jack shit.. it just shows you the coach refuse to give lindholm a chance for whatever reason..

Well, Tocchet wants three lines with a great C.

Now he got that. Tocchet can throw Lindy against whatever line that he meets.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DexM94 said:

Lindholm 4.9M 

Monahan 1.9M

by picking the right guy you save 3M (for Toffoli ?)  and you get a guy with 15pts in 20games

We’re talking sbout a 1st C versus what was struggling2/3 C at Flames at the same time. 

How do you know Tocchet likes Toffoli?

He got rid of Kuz to get a 1st C in lindy. 
Why would he go after a winger that might be a misfit for his system? 

1 hour ago, LillStrimma said:

makes 0 sense coz the garland bleugar joshua line was dominating other teams 3rd/4th line.. so was he planning on breaking that up? or put lindholm on the 4th line?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

makes 0 sense coz the garland bleugar joshua line was dominating other teams 3rd/4th line.. so was he planning on breaking that up? or put lindholm on the 4th line?

Let’s see how Tocchet use the players in playoff before judging what player is better or not in wich position.

Just now, LillStrimma said:

Let’s see how Tocchet use the players in playoff before judging what player is better or not in wich position.

so instead of using the almost 2 months since the trade for them to work it out and build chemistry.. u want them to wait until whenever joshua is back a week or 2 before playoffs and hope they build chemistry? we have so many C that can play the 3C.. bleugar was fine at the 3c position.. aman can play the 4c.. suter can play the 4c even laffety can play the 4c.. makes no sense to not put lindholm on the top 2 lines and let them spend as much time as needed to figure it out.. instead of last min right before the playoff.. just like suter and garland 100% is not a better option than lindholm on the top pp line 

14 hours ago, Gurn said:

Deer kill more people each year than sharks.

Those hooves can cut you open, then there are  those antlers on their heads.

Sounds like they are horribly dangerous animals

until one remembers that humans spend very little time in the water, with sharks; and quite a bit of time sharing the land, with deer.

Basically all interactions are car accidents.   I'm sure if we were driving cars around in the water, we'd be getting shark crashes and then eaten alive by their buddies after.    Deer are so timid, ones in the wild at least.  

Now an Elk or Moose attack, your screwed.   Like getting attacked by a wild horse, with antlers ... kills about 2 people a year (US and Canada).   Had dozens of bear encounter's, never charged once although two Grizzlies could have got my group if we didn't get to our car once, they were sauntering over like we were covered in BBq sauce and hadn't eaten in a month. 

We've hit deer twice (ok my wife, not me, that's the royale we), one time trashed the car the other time the car was parked and the deer charged it and knocked off the mirror with its antlers (she stopped in the road to avoid it).   Didn't like the looks of her I guess and yes there was some screaming.     

Never heard of anyone killed by a deer attack, or actually getting attacked (LMFOA).    They sure have this "i'm prey GTFO now!" sort of attitude whenever I run into one in the wild, especially hunting lol ...  Sharks, yep they like eating us on occasion (happened on a beach we swam in on the same day in Maui, not much left either, we went to a different beach after that, I snorkel way out for hours and would make a solid meal).   Also ask around when I go places...it's pretty much every place ..  in St Martin.  Same with Florida.   Same with Maui again.   Same with Carolina's North and South.   Puerto Vahharta,  Mazatlan,  Cuba, St Thomas, Cabos,  Honduras, Tahiti...Pretty much anywhere we've been I've asked and someone was killed at some beach at some point (just ask the locals, the old ones, they will know someone and the date "back in 68" or could be shockingly recent!)    Or maybe just don't ask.  

If Deer had crazy teeth and tweaker eyes, and walked around with machetes i'd be a little concerned.  

As for TT.  I'd pay money to see him in one of these videos, bullying a deer (seems about his pace, certainly isn't a badger going after a bear), then getting his ass handed to him.    Bet he wouldn't block a shot if he wasn't in the way. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And to be honest, I'd rather him find his game late in the season, and knocking our socks off in the Playoffs.

Unlike Loui at least Lindholm wins faceoffs, and is contributing in other ways. It's not like he hasn't had chances, they haven't been going in.

There's always a scapegoat on the Canucks. When Brock was struggling there was cries of "trade him!" The guy has 36 goals and 30 assists, and there still those that scream "trade him!"

Some are still upset at the Hronek trade. I wonder how many on CDC and CFF if they were given a choice between a boat and the mystery box how many would take the mystery box?

But the mystery box could be anything. Maybe even a boat.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

Believe that's what he's working towards.   Seems like we lost a lot of games there ... recently turned it around maybe.   5-1 last six.   I think.  

When Joshua is back, don't see why he wouldn't go back to the Thirst line though...that was the best 3rd line in hockey this year and what you hope for.   Won us quite a few games when one of the other two lines weren't clicking.   Which seems to be often.   Thing is, we only need one of those two lines working any given night, the other to be a zero (not get scored on) and the bottom six going and we are over a .700 team. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

But you don't know if Monahan would do well with the Canucks either

Every time you trade for a player it’s a gamble.

what is not left to chance are the 3M you save between those two. 

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Never heard of anyone killed by a deer attack,

https://www.wjhl.com/news/deer-americas-deadliest-animal-according-to-cdc/#:~:text=Using data from the Centers for Disease Control,alligators and sharks%2C and 0.23 people for rattlesnakes.

ATLANTA (WTEN) – You’re more likely to be killed by a deer than any other animal, according to data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it was found that deer killing 120 people a year, on average, compared to one person a year for bears, alligators and sharks, and 0.23 people for rattlesnakes.

The majority of the deaths caused from deer stem from accidents and vehicle collisions.

The report found that the states with the lowest odds of dying by an animal are on the East Coast, with Massachusetts being the lowest. Montana residents have the highest odds of dying by an animal.

deadly-animals_29660966_ver1.0.jpg

• chaos 1

41 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.wjhl.com/news/deer-americas-deadliest-animal-according-to-cdc/#:~:text=Using data from the Centers for Disease Control,alligators and sharks%2C and 0.23 people for rattlesnakes.

ATLANTA (WTEN) – You’re more likely to be killed by a deer than any other animal, according to data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

Using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it was found that deer killing 120 people a year, on average, compared to one person a year for bears, alligators and sharks, and 0.23 people for rattlesnakes.

The majority of the deaths caused from deer stem from accidents and vehicle collisions.

The report found that the states with the lowest odds of dying by an animal are on the East Coast, with Massachusetts being the lowest. Montana residents have the highest odds of dying by an animal.

Damn that's crazy stuff.  Feel bad for the guy that had 0.23 of himself killed by a rattlesnake.

• Haha 2

When he wins key faceoffs to secure wins and chips in with some timely goals, I think we'll be ok with his point stats.. 

Here's the truth, if Monahan or Toffi was out on a shift and I had Lindholm line out against them, I'd think lindholms line would win the battle. 

Thats all I need to know about who I would want heading into the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:07 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

And to be honest, I'd rather him find his game late in the season, and knocking our socks off in the Playoffs.

Unlike Loui at least Lindholm wins faceoffs, and is contributing in other ways. It's not like he hasn't had chances, they haven't been going in.

There's always a scapegoat on the Canucks. When Brock was struggling there was cries of "trade him!" The guy has 36 goals and 30 assists, and there still those that scream "trade him!"

Some are still upset at the Hronek trade. I wonder how many on CDC and CFF if they were given a choice between a boat and the mystery box how many would take the mystery box?

Hmm, what are the dimensions of this mystery box? Lol 

On 3/20/2024 at 4:07 AM, DexM94 said:

It will hunt us very soon, if its not already the case.

image.png.63118c3f1864b7adb836c5ef40b8a6cb.png

image.png.eec9446c3ea399f85f790e833d7fdfc8.png

Wow to late for that and both our guys are playing great.

How do you think we could have got these guys btw????

What ifs are for school kids.

Bench gets shorter in the playoffs.

i would not be surprised to see the Lotto line reunited, then Lindy between Hogs and Mik. Then Joshua-Blue-Garly as a 3rd. 

Lindy gets the hard matchups, 3rd line can feast. 

Can then still roll a 4th line with Suter, Laferty and Podz. 

That’s depth man. 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:36 AM, BabychStache said:

Bench gets shorter in the playoffs.

i would not be surprised to see the Lotto line reunited, then Lindy between Hogs and Mik. Then Joshua-Blue-Garly as a 3rd. 

Lindy gets the hard matchups, 3rd line can feast. 

Can then still roll a 4th line with Suter, Laferty and Podz. 

That’s depth man. 

I think, with the way Garland is playing on Petey's line, that the top 6 is set for this year. 

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-Garland

Joshua-Lindholm-Mikheyev

Lafferty-Blueger-Podkolzin

To me this is one of the deepest lineups in the league. The 4th line would be dependable enough that they wouldn't be a liability against other top lines. The 3rd would be arguably the best shutdown line in the league and the top 2 lines are proving that they can play against anyone. 

To me, the biggest question mark heading into the playoffs is the powerplay. 

On 3/21/2024 at 11:25 AM, Gurn said:

All from vehicle's.   

On 3/20/2024 at 9:56 PM, wai_lai416 said:

Lindholm on the 4th line would be awesome just cause it shows how embarrassingly good our centre depth is.  Him over aman is a game changer

Edited by Rindiculous

33 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Lindholm on the 4th line would be awesome just cause it shows how embarrassingly good our centre depth is.  Him over aman is a game changer

Not really it would show how incredibly weak our depth is when you have to take a top 6 player to put on ur 4th line while playing 3rd and 4th liners in your top 6 ie garland mikheyev suter etc.