[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!

Rocket-68

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadien - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!
  • Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!
30 minutes ago, Canucklehead said:

Lets goo. Get another win streak going.

That would be wise, especially with 7 teams within 2 point of each other including us - all of whom are vying to get home ice adavantage which can be the difference maker in the playoffs!    Go canucks go !

• Cheers 3

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
6 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Crazy to watch that old footage from the 70's and compare to now...the game today is so much faster, the hits bigger (due to the speed I guess), the tactics are superior, the players bigger, passing and shooting harder and more accurate...the list is endless (and the players are in much better condition today than back then). Crazy hard game nowadays at the NHL level.

Yea. No helmets, visors, composite sticks, no adverts on the boards or ice surface, no distracting virtual ads..................It was a different era to be sure. 

Checking out those vids got me thinking of the '72 Summit Series. In regards to the difference in conditioning back then and now.

The Russians back then had it right. They were ahead of their time compared to the ol' NHL weren't they? Seems the old NHL was still a beer league, huh.

Also you mention how the game was slower then. That's certainly noticeable. Even the pace of PWHL games looks faster. Obviously better conditioned athletes in both the modern NHL and PWHL. 

Rocket-68. Thanks for posting those vids, dude.

Make our '70s Canuck Alumni proud and beat those pesky Habs.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel:

• Cheers 4

Born and raised in Burnaby, BC. Became a Canucks fan when I was 4 years old in 1990 (just aged myself) and just love this team. Moved to Toronto last July because the wife got a job here. I wear my Canucks drip all the time and I've gotten so many compliments on it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Just win and get their mojo back in time for the play offs. 

Ummm...we're 5-1-1 (11 of possible 16 points...2 games went to O/T) in March so far...I'd say we're pretty Mojo'd up!

Edited by ABNuck
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Hey I just realized the team is 12-1-1 when wearing the black skate jersey this season. If they wore it every game they'd be guaranteed the cup. It would practically be malpractice if not just stupid not to? And yes I want them to wear then for road games too.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Born and raised in Burnaby, BC. Became a Canucks fan when I was 4 years old in 1990 (just aged myself) and just love this team. Moved to Toronto last July because the wife got a job here. I wear my Canucks drip all the time and I've gotten so many compliments on it. 

Mrs. Alf is a big Leafs’ fan. She is up early and getting a stew going in her Leafs’ crockpot. She has a lot of Leafs’ stuff. 
 What’s “drip”. Not too sure we have any of that. 

• Like 1