[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!

Rocket-68

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As someone who lived in Toronto for 5 years I disagree. Outside of Toronto there are parts of Ontario that are very cool.

Toronto and Vancouver are sort of opposites. In Toronto the people seem friendly, but they are really out for themselves.

In Vancouver people tend to be cold, but once you get to know them they are very warm and friendly. There's always exceptions of course.

I need to make friends here in Toronto. I mean I enjoy the time with the wife, but I'd like to meet people. I'm a social butterfly 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't have the experience of living there, just work trips which I enjoyed, and getting to see the Jays live. 

I know Gibbons is no longer manager. But he just rubbed me the wrong way. And the way the Media went overboard on non-stop Jays coverage and hype has totally turned me off of the Blue Jays. I saw one game when I was there. And I've basically given up on the Jays. I still have my 90's Jays memories and those are special.

I'm not even into baseball anymore. For the exception of the Jays farm team the Vancouver Canadians.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Last time I was there, took the train in from Pearson to downtown, saw a jays game, walked all over downtown, had a great time.

Nice! Yeah, I've done Jays games twice last season. Done a Marlies game. I did Lions vs Argos in 2016

• MillerTime 1

Don't underestimate them

Oils blew a 2-0 lead and got lucky in OT to win it with a near 4 min PP.  

Take care of business. This will likely clinch a playoff spot at 96 pts.  Although magic number is 4-5 now.  

13 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Crazy to watch that old footage from the 70's and compare to now...the game today is so much faster, the hits bigger (due to the speed I guess), the tactics are superior, the players bigger, passing and shooting harder and more accurate...the list is endless (and the players are in much better condition today than back then). Crazy hard game nowadays at the NHL level.

Watching them play without helmets makes me so nervous! Jeesh how did they ever get away with that? And I wouldn't want to take a slapper to the face with those goalie masks that are little more than Halloween props lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Casey doing a good job as the backup.  Got pts in 15/20 starts.   Nux will need to keep playing well defensively and keep getting pts before Demko returns.  

I've been saying all season that getting these points from our backup will be significantly key for us down the line. Even more so now with Demko out. We're fortunate to have a capable backup this season. 

• Like 1
  • Desmenko 1

I’m enjoying some of the lads getting time up with the Club out of Abby ,

.. but does anyone know when Joshua might be back?

He seems to be the “key” piece in how our lines balance out ,  not dissimilar to how Motte could balance the lines.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I had a peak at the future history books.

We win this one in a big, big, way. Slaughterama.

Some start talking about implementing a mercy rule due to the massive embarrassment that the Habs have to endure. Montreal sweaters are burned in the streets and the French language isn't spoken for two months after due to self loathing. 

Go Nucks.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Watching them play without helmets makes me so nervous! Jeesh how did they ever get away with that? And I wouldn't want to take a slapper to the face with those goalie masks that are little more than Halloween props lol.

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966.thumb.jpg.f9f57caa7b88bf5b518aa48a09154d02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1