[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!

Rocket-68

4 hours ago, ReylOrca said:

Hey I just realized the team is 12-1-1 when wearing the black skate jersey this season. If they wore it every game they'd be guaranteed the cup. It would practically be malpractice if not just stupid not to? And yes I want them to wear then for road games too.

Absolutely agree with this. Those jerseys have an edge to them. We should definitely be wearing them all playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

With the way Mikheyev has been playing, his mobility, skating, and confidence in his knee, along with the energy Lafferty brings, I'm actually liking Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty. 

Nux need a third line chipping in again after Dakota went down.   

Once he is back, coach will have more options.  But that's a good problem to have.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Jaimito said:

Nux need a third line chipping in again after Dakota went down.   

Once he is back, coach will have more options.  But that's a good problem to have.

It's good energy on the wings. Mikheyev looked good on the forecheck last game.

That's absolutely a good problem to have.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966.thumb.jpg.f9f57caa7b88bf5b518aa48a09154d02.jpg

I had never seen that picture. Sawchuk was just finishing his career when I started paying attention. His body took a beating. A sad story. One of the best ever.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I had never seen that picture. Sawchuk was just finishing his career when I started paying attention. His body took a beating. A sad story. One of the best ever.

My favorite goalie back in the day.  The mask was the crowning glory of a bloody, bone-cracking career.

Some may remember that the goalies had to fight with the owners to be allowed to wear masks, and eventually had to force the issue down their throats.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Back in the Sawchuck days they used to have 151 Rum for breakfast.

Man, the times sure have changed.

The picture of Gumper with a cigarette and beer was classic. I remember when the Habs picked him up from the Rangers and he backed stopped them to another Cup. No better GM than Sammy Polluck.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's nothing, back in the day at Montreal Forum & Maple Leaf Garden there was no glass on the side boards and fans would hang their arms over the side and flick their cigarette ashes onto the ice and put their beer bottles on top.  The whole place was a giant smoke pit!  

It's Just a Bad IdeaForum Montreal Wikipedia Bahasa Indonesia, Ensiklopedia, 48% OFF

Damn, those are some great photos. What an atmosphere that must have been. And look what an event it was going out to a game... I think everyone is wearing their finest suits. Rogers Arena may not be able to compete with that, but the vibes in the building seem pretty awesome this year, at least through my TV screen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

The picture of Gumper with a cigarette and beer was classic. I remember when the Habs picked him up from the Rangers and he backed stopped them to another Cup. No better GM than Sammy Polluck.

Yeah, but... he had first crack at all Quebec players and 3 farm teams that could almost whoop most NHL teams themselves.

F Montreal!  They have too many Cups.  No more sniffs at the playoffs until the Canucks have more Cups than Les Habitual Snots.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved the story that Cherry told of being called to Polluck’s office during preseason. Yes, Don was once owned by the Habs. Don was feeling pretty good about his camp and was surprised to hear   say he was traded to the Flyers. Well Philly wasn’t in the NHL in those days so that meant a AHL spot. Then Cherry finds out it is the Spokane Flyers of the Pacific Coast League. I miss Don and his great stories.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1