[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Absolutely loved the story that Cherry told of being called to Polluck’s office during preseason. Yes, Don was once owned by the Habs. Don was feeling pretty good about his camp and was surprised to hear   say he was traded to the Flyers. Well Philly wasn’t in the NHL in those days so that meant a AHL spot. Then Cherry finds out it is the Spokane Flyers of the Pacific Coast League. I miss Don and his great stories.

Yeah, I used to love it when he would carve up Simpering Wimp MacLean.

(And the fight clips were so good; kids today would be politically-corrected into not seeing such things.)

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

3rd line is a bargain bin line.

I called it "the hands of stone" line. 

The HOS line! 😆

Come on guys, let's break the ice! 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Then rest him? Maybe they are waiting until they clinch but these next 2 games against the Habs and Flames would be the games to give him some recovery time.

• Cheers 4

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Absolutely loved the story that Cherry told of being called to Polluck’s office during preseason. Yes, Don was once owned by the Habs. Don was feeling pretty good about his camp and was surprised to hear   say he was traded to the Flyers. Well Philly wasn’t in the NHL in those days so that meant a AHL spot. Then Cherry finds out it is the Spokane Flyers of the Pacific Coast League. I miss Don and his great stories.

More than Ron's random name dropping of people he only met once??? I miss Don too for his stories. The times had passed him by in terms of PC and such, but he actually knew everybody and had great stories of a TRUE hockey career unlike Ron....god I hate that guy.

• Cheers 2

This is most likely a win for the Canucks, but they can't sleep on Montreal. Montreal is at the top of the league in 1 goal games.  They tend to find a way to stick around in most games, even against some of the top teams in the league. 

Does anyone have an idea of the earliest we can officially clinch? I think Saturday if we win our next two and Seattle/Calgary lose but I could be wrong. 

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Last day of work before I get 11 off. And it's a gameday!!!

Life is so good.

Let's go Canucks, inch toward clinch.

Great weather to

Back when I started watching the NHL I woke up at 4am, watched the Canucks on a free stream on dubious china based sites in awful 240p/360p and then went to math classes in university. 

Later I was able to use NHL game center which now is god awful NHL.tv . At least it allows me to watch the games in the evening as full replay. That means I join the PGT on page 30 were nothing is left to say but sometimes I can catch the GDT like today. 

Since we germans really don't like the french, I have no sympathy for the habs whatsoever. Destroy them, let's say 6:1. 

And if we win the first cup in team history during this orca era, can we finally drop the discussion about these awful german national team skate jerseys?? Black is nice, but the color combination and this ugly logo is hard to watch 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Does anyone have an idea of the earliest we can officially clinch? I think Saturday if we win our next two and Seattle/Calgary lose but I could be wrong. 

The magic number is 4 games, any team up to Seattle could theoretically still pass us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

Back when I started watching the NHL I woke up at 4am, watched the Canucks on a free stream on dubious china based sites in awful 240p/360p and then went to math classes in university. 

Later I was able to use NHL game center which now is god awful NHL.tv . At least it allows me to watch the games in the evening as full replay. That means I join the PGT on page 30 were nothing is left to say but sometimes I can catch the GDT like today. 

Since we germans really don't like the french, I have no sympathy for the habs whatsoever. Destroy them, let's say 6:1. 

And if we win the first cup in team history during this orca era, can we finally drop the discussion about these awful german national team skate jerseys?? Black is nice, but the color combination and this ugly logo is hard to watch 

The Skate jerseys are the best and that's what most fans want

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1