[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - Le Habs for the Heathens! 7PM PST (10PM EST) March 21 ... the We Appreciate the Overseas Fans that Start watching at 3AM Game!

Rocket-68

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Lindy “playing through something” is making sense. Why would RT not sit him out for a few games and be more healed up for the playoffs? This makes no sense. These games now are meaningless! We win the division we play Vegas or LA. We go second in the division, we play Vegas or LA. It doesn’t matter! Lol

Also, home ice means shit. That didn’t help us one bit when it mattered most in game 7 of the 2011 Finals.

18 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

A Personal Note: I for one appreciate the fans that follow our beloved Canucks and post in these GDT religiously even though the games start very late in the evening or early in the morning, you know who you are. I lived in Australia for a few years and a 7PM game was a 12 noon - 2PM start for me so not bad. Others in Europe not so much. Thus to those Canuck Fans I raise a glass of 15 yr old Dalmore in your honour, and express my gratitude for your helping keep our little community alive by joining in at ungodly early hours for you ... we are all CANUCKS! For those that are outside of "normal" hours for us on the west coast, @OldFaithfulcap for example, please post where you are located and perhaps a short story / note about you so we can learn a bit more. If you are bashful, then just a brief note of where you are dialing in from is fine. 

Me - Proud Ukrainian / Russian (downplay the latter for now), in Kelowna but bounce back to Oz often ... Canuck fan from as far back as 1973 when I came over from the land of Kangaroos when I was barely 5. GO CANUCKS GO!

@Rocket-68

I was born in Vancouver just prior to the Canucks become an NHL team. Moved to Australia in 1970. 

As a kid I found interest in Hockey and was fortunate enough to be in Vancouver on holidays during the '82 run.

It was mid 2000's and the power of the internet that saw me become obsessed with all things Canucks hockey.

2pm and currently 1pm start times make for difficult work/ life balance but i get it done. I very rarely miss a game these days.

Hell of a season so far. Really happy to see a winning side that plays exciting hockey ( that shit that the Wild bore you to death with makes me want to poke out my eye balls)

• Cheers 3

55 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

The Skate jerseys are the best and that's what most fans want

But this can only be because of nostalgia, right? Because for someone like me from outside of Canada and someone who started watching hockey later than most of you this seems to be the ugliest logo in all of sports that I have ever seen. Certainly ugliest in the NHL by a mile. 

What is the origin of the color scheme?

Edited by Vollmilch90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lindholm struggling to play through a bruised ego?

Hate to see it 🥶

This just in: Lindhold spotted crying at practice.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Lindy “playing through something” is making sense. Why would RT not sit him out for a few games and be more healed up for the playoffs? This makes no sense. These games now are meaningless! We win the division we play Vegas or LA. We go second in the division, we play Vegas or LA. It doesn’t matter! Lol

Also, home ice means shit. That didn’t help us one bit when it mattered most in game 7 of the 2011 Finals.

I guess you're new to the game. / Lindholm has played like he "going through' something ever since he got here / slight improvement of late.

As for home ice, and potentially having it for as far as we can go; Why the ****  wouldn't it be desirable?  This is a more rounded team then 2011. 

A more focused squad with Houghes,  Miller, Demko  and Pettersson on it .

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s a good veteran coach trying to take some of the heat off his player I think.

Very good coaching.

Tocchet has done a marvelous job managing all the different players and their unique personalities.

He knows when to push and when to protect. Valuable in a leader

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Winning the division could actually mean plying Nashville though. 

I want home ice advantage.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

The struggle is real?  Or sarcasm went over my head? Haha

37 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

But this can only be because of nostalgia, right? Because for someone like me from outside of Canada and someone who started watching hockey later than most of you this seems to be the ugliest logo in all of sports that I have ever seen. Certainly ugliest in the NHL by a mile. 

Or if you had to live with the Canucks in the 80's prior to Bure and Linden.

The reason the Canucks changed their jersey's in the 90's is it was one of the bottom selling jersey's in the NHL.

You have to go back to the 70's to the flying V. Now that was extremely ugly. The downhill skate was an improvement, but not by much.

I think it's nostalgia. Or just like any trend. It goes Retro, then after a year or two, it stops being "cool"

I have no problems with a black orca jersey.

I don't mid the Habs now that they are not that good.  And my cousin Lyle Odelein played for them.

He almost died at one point.

My Dad's Mom was an Odelein.

https://theathletic.com/564335/2018/10/04/at-deaths-door-former-nhl-star-lyle-odelein-a-medical-miracle-after-surviving-a-coma-triple-transplant-and-paralysis/

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vollmilch90 said:

Nope, not at all ugly