Quinn Hughes | #43 | LD

Jess

Hughes's 2 points propel him into 24th in all-time Canuck scoring (2nd among defensemen).

23   Cliff Ronning C 366 112 216 328
24   Quinn Hughes D 359 42 285 327
25   Mattias Ohlund D 770 93 232 325
  • Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Hughes's 2 points propel him into 24th in all-time Canuck scoring (2nd among defensemen).

23   Cliff Ronning C 366 112 216 328
24   Quinn Hughes D 359 42 285 327
25   Mattias Ohlund D 770 93 232 325

Wow, scoring at a higher rate than Ronning. That's insane to realize.

13 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

3 goals in two games certainly helps in that regard. 16 goals is damn impressive. The most of any Canuck defender since Jovo's 17 in 2001-02 if memory serves me correctly.

• Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

3 goals in two games certainly helps in that regard. 16 goals is damn impressive. The most of any Canuck defender since Jovo's 17 in 2001-02 if memory serves me correctly.

Yup... and 3 goals from 2nd on the all time list for goals in a season by a defenceman.  Not gonna catch #1 on the list though.... kind of a shocker for some I think...

Adrian Aucoin... 23 goals.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup... and 3 goals from 2nd on the all time list for goals in a season by a defenceman.  Not gonna catch #1 on the list though.... kind of a shocker for some I think...

Adrian Aucoin... 23 goals.

Haha yup, and I think he might still hold the record for the largest negative differential between goals and assists for a defenseman. 23 goals but just 11 assists. What a weird year.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Damn, his skating is like butter. I could watch him just skate around defenders for hours.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I am comparing Quinn Hughes to the greatest d-man in history, Bobby Orr, all the time now. Hughes does not have Orr's speed, physical strength or heavy shot but his edge work is superior. Orr saw the ice well as does Hughes and their single minded purpose of winning games is outstanding. 

Quinn Hughes continues to develop his game and this year is classic. With better net front I think his goal production will continue to grow. His shooting is getting more powerful. If Hronek's shot had not dried up Hughes assists would be higher. But that concern can be extended to many other team players. How many games have we seen him shoulder the team and drive play. Quite frankly it has been Hughes, Corrola and Joshua that have been carrying the ball.  

#43 is now 23 in all-time Canuck scoring with his 2 points tonight.

22   Patrik Sundstrom C 374 133 209 342
23   Quinn Hughes D 361 43 286 329
24   Cliff Ronning C 366 112 216 328
  • Like 1

Quinn Hughes has the 3rd most points by a defenseman since 1993-94.  30 years. This is incredible and I don't think nearly enough is being said about that.  

Norris Trophy slam dunk, and should get some votes for the Hart.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

List of Canucks with 150+ games as a Canuck at a higher points-per-game than Hughes:

Patrik Sundstrom

Alex Mogilny

Elias Pettersson

J.T. Miller

Pavel Bure

That's it.

• Like 1

During this recent skid, Quinn is taking his game to another level and carrying the team on his back, even moreso than Miller. Just when it looked like Makar wanted to jump up and grab the Norris, Hughes lifts his game again. 

Clutch play in big games yet again, I'm excited to see what he does in game 1 of the playoffs but the Norris is all but wrapped up now I'd say.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

List of Canucks with 150+ games as a Canuck at a higher points-per-game than Hughes:

Patrik Sundstrom

Alex Mogilny

Elias Pettersson

J.T. Miller

Pavel Bure

That's it.

List of Canucks defencemen with 150+ games as a Canuck at a higher points-per-game than Hughes:

That's it.

• Cheers 2

One more assist and Hughes become the third defenceman in history to have 200 Ina 3 season span.  Other two?  Orr and Coffey.  

Another comment.  I AM SOOOO GLAD QUINN IS SO MUCH MORE DURABLE THEN BROTHER JACK.  

• Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Patrik Sundstrom

Alex Mogilny

Elias Pettersson

J.T. Miller

Pavel Bure

That's it.

And to think, two of those players are with the team right now! We’re are definitely blessed to be watching this core right now. It’s something special…

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No words can describe this. Maybe unbelievable...

laugh or cry, not sure which one to pick.

But I didn't realize Troy had a better year than Elder that season, good for him.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

laugh or cry, not sure which one to pick.

But I didn't realize Troy had a better year than Elder that season, good for him.

He showed a lot of offensive promise as a young player, similar to Hutton. Neither really turned out to be more than bottom pairing guys though.