Name the Site Poll!

aGENT

Name the Site Poll!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the name of our new home to be?

• CFF (Canucks Fan Forum)
    • FCDC (Forum Canucks Dot Com)
    • UCFF (Unofficial Canucks Fan Forum)
    • New CDC
    • CDC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2023 at 07:00 AM

On 9/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, aGENT said:

I think people just want a clear break/differentiation from the org-run site that tossed the fans aside like a piece of trash...

But if you guys want, I can add a NCDC (New CDC) or FCDC (Free CDC) or something to the poll...let me know what you'd prefer.

Just remembered FCDC is already up there 😂 Though I do like Free CDC better than Forum CDC personally.

Can you add CDC as that’s what I’d vote for and if you give me til Sunday when I start my traditional game night drinking routine I”ll come up with something new it can stand for.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

23 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Can you add CDC as that’s what I’d vote for and if you give me til Sunday when I start my traditional game night drinking routine I”ll come up with something new it can stand for.

Done 🤙

You don't want Neo-CDC? It knows Kung Fu....

i-know-kung-fu-neo.gif

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Done 🤙

You don't want Neo-CDC? It knows Kung Fu....

i-know-kung-fu-neo.gif

Thanks but probably too late as CFF has a huge lead. Actually anything CDC would do as I’m sure it would be simplified to CDC quite quickly. I just feel CDC belongs to us and we should take it with us.

• ThereItIs 2

I thought FCDC was way, way better.

Strong and carried the story of never forgetting what we built at CDC. Never forgetting what they tried to do to us.

That said, the people have spoken.

So for one last time ...F'CDC!

Long live CFF.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Thanks but probably too late as CFF has a huge lead. Actually anything CDC would do as I’m sure it would be simplified to CDC quite quickly. I just feel CDC belongs to us and we should take it with us.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought FCDC was way, way better.

Strong and carried the story of never forgetting what we built at CDC. Never forgetting what they tried to do to us.

That said, the people have spoken.

So for one last time ...F'CDC!

Long live CFF.

Y'all are free to campaign and get people to change their votes for the next couple weeks...

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Y'all are free to campaign and get people to change their votes for the next couple weeks...

I'll campaign 

Vote CFF, we don't need CDC

CDC was Canucks dot com, and while it belonged to us this new forum isn't about the Canucks site, it's about the fans who drive the community 

Canucks fan forum, by the fans for the fans 

We post, we debate, we engage, all brought together by our mutual Canuck/hockey fandom, but we as a community are what define this place, not the Canucks 

I'm over CDC, it's the fans who have kept me around and who have enhanced my fandom over the years, without you all I wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to the Canucks 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yeah that was my argument too.  It belongs to us.  I've already voted CFF, but would have voted CDC. 

Much like Donnie Taylor purposely named his new podcast "The Team".  Brought the name with him.  So everyone would always be reminded of Bell's "lets not talk" debacle decision.

I've already posted results of my domain search.  That canucksdotcom.com and canucksdot.com are available. 

But you know what else is available?

cdc.hockey

That would be a great statement back to whomever shut us down, allow us to keep our name, and its short and catchy.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah that was my argument too.  It belongs to us.  I've already voted CFF, but would have voted CDC. 

Much like Donnie Taylor purposely named his new podcast "The Team".  Brought the name with him.  So everyone would always be reminded of Bell's "lets not talk" debacle decision.

I've already posted results of my domain search.  That canucksdotcom.com and canucksdot.com are available. 

cdc.hockey

That would be a great statement back to whomever shut us down, allow us to keep our name, and its short and catchy.

i have “Canucks.community”  if that’s of use as well 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, kilgore said:

cdc.hockey

You can change your vote.

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

i have “Canucks.community”  if that’s of use as well 

The CC  that's pretty catchy. 

Also I did a search for Canucks.hockey  Its taken but not being used and their may be a way to get it based on the domain search site.

The only problem with any suffix that is not .com is that if someone was searching for it, its not as easy to find.

• Cheers 1

I think this decision should be hashed out more.  Not decided on this limited poll.  Lets keep it as it is for a few weeks and think about it.

edit:   Just tried   canucksforum.ca  is available too!   What's better than HF boards?  the CF board!

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I think this decision should be hashed out more.  Not decided on this limited poll.  Lets keep it as it is for a few weeks and think about it.

edit:   Just tried   canucksforum.ca  is available too!   What's better than HF boards?  the CF board!

I don't think there's a rush, but I do believe we should forge our own identity instead of clinging to CDC

Change can be positive, I firmly believe that the fandom should be included in any title we come up with though, the people are what drive any board forward whether that be this one, reddit, HF, or any other and I think that's worth recognizing in the domain 

The most important part of Canucks Fan Forum isn't the Canucks piece, it's the fan piece, this board may be focused on the Canucks but it is first and foremost a fan driven experience and community 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The poll doesn't close until Oct 7....Gives admins etc a few days before the season opener.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

OK, you're probably right.

CFF it is then.

I loved CDC as much as anyone. But this feels like a clean break. I totally understand where you are coming from about keeping the name, but we don't need it. We kept our voice, we the people stayed together. They couldn't silence the fans, we found a way to stick together. Now we can stick together under our new name, our new identify. I like CFF, it will take time to adjust away from CDC, but personally I'm ready.

• Cheers 1