What are everyone’s realistic expectations in the playoffs this year?

I am just wondering about a lot of posters expectations and what most would be ok with this post season. One round? Two rounds? Three rounds?, Stanley cup appearance ? Stanley cup? What does everyone believe the Canucks can do this playoffs? I am thinking realistically a round or two but I am hoping for more. So much depends on puck luck and bounces and lack of injuries. What are your guys expectations this year??

Probably a 2nd round exit. I would be pleasantly surprised if we do better than that. Wouldn't be terribly shocked if it was a 1st round exit tbh, but that's on the more negative end of likelihood and I think there's maybe a stronger chance we can at least get past one round.

Of course I'm hoping for a Cup, but expectations are different than desires.

• Cheers 1

It depends on who our opponents are.  Let's hope for better first round opponent then round 2 should be a cracker no matter which opponent will be.  For as long as we retains the home ice advantage after game 2 and that is the most important, leading a series 2-0 when a venue shift is the key to all rounds to maintain a physiological advantage. If they can get their PP going, they'll be unstoppable.  They can maintain the possession easily no matter who their opponent are and that is the key if they could find a way to get right shot selection.  I have no expectation seeing that it will be their first taste of playoff action with the live crowd. This playoffs will tell us a lot of where they will be next season and beyond.  Don't want to be like NJ where they made the playoffs only for them to have a bad season.  What we as a fan should expect is a cup win if they finish first in the west.  That is my take.

• Like 1

The playoffs are unusually wide open this year, especially in the west. Right now Vancouver, Colorado, Winnipeg, and Dallas are in a virtual tie and Edmonton has the best record over the past few months. Nashville has gotten red hot and Vegas in the defending. And it would not be a shock to see LA win the conference. I don't think I can remember a time when the Conference was this wide open. The Canucks have as good a shot as anyone.

Realistically, the most likely outcome is probably a first round win and a second round exit. But if Demko is healthy and gets hot, the Canucks could go all the way.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Whoa, She !? I Identify myself as the opposite of Benzino...Giraffe. 

Don’t mind me, I’m a dick 😂

But I do agree with you that it’s cup or bust!

• Cheers 1

I'm just proud of what the team has accomplished to date. The development and maturity of each player can only bode well for the future. I think the same can be said of the scouting and management staff. When the team gets to the playoffs my expectation is that they will perform to the best of their ability. Make themselves and us proud.

• Like 2

like, folks, let's just take a minute to appreciate the fact that we will be watching playoff hockey this year, and we didn't even have to develop ulcers watching the team struggle to get there. 

drink in every minute and enjoy it while it lasts. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm proud of this team. But still miffed that Benning never brought in a real coach. Look how good this team is with structure and attention to detail.

I have no expectations. But it's sad good players had years with no direction.

• Cheers 2

With what we paid for Lindholm I think from a management side anything less then WCF would be a pretty big failure, me personally with what we paid SCF, but I feel like we will likely be out in the 1st or second round.  But you never know this team could jive and go all the way so hard to tell.  I think Miller will be a beast in the playoffs, if Peterson can come close to matching Millers intensity we could win it all.  Since the all-star break we have seen many different looks from this team so depends on which one shows up, I'm optimistic that they will be motivated after so many years of no play-offs, but they could be totally overwhelmed too.  I'm all over the place,  I really just hope they win a round, I think it would be pretty deflating for them and the fans if they go out in the first, especially if they go out in 4-5 games.