[PGT] Poutine Swillers at Canucks

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Soucy already plays right too.   He was my main man last summer, and we signed the guy.   Best UFA signing we've had in over a decade despite the injury.

Yeah between the two I think we can let Myers walk. Does Cole resign here? 

Sucks Breeze went down all year. Thought we had a cheap LD there, still a chance he plays in NHL next year? 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Only 9 seasons with 100 or more points on the year for Vancouver.

The last one was 9 years ago.

Where in the top 10 season results in Canucks History will this one go down as?

Sometimes 

it doesn't quite feel like it reading the comments, but gotta say more and more folks seems to realise this team is for real...

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah between the two I think we can let Myers walk. Does Cole resign here? 

Sucks Breeze went down all year. Thought we had a cheap LD there, still a chance he plays in NHL next year? 

So you let Myers go, what does your dcorp look like?

15 hours ago, Kragar said:

When they put the camera on Garly at the end there, man does he look like Prince, especially then with the strands of hair hanging down.

Same height?

Hopefully he won't break out in 'purple rain' during a game...

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Somebody else

Dillon Juulsen

ufa/ahl

Who are you going to get for #2 rhd that cheaper and more capable of Myers?  And you're ditching Zad?

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, exactly on Hronek. We have the best #1 unit, or close to it in hockey. That's like those that wanted to trade Petey for draft picks. 😅 We have what we've been desperately seeking for years here and now. Do not mess with it.

I understand the grass isn't always greener on the other side angle and people talk about lack of options next year. However, I find it hard to believe our hockey people in management can't conceive of a better player than Myers to compliment our defence group. That's a defeatist and lazy attitude in my opinion. He's nothing more than a fallback option in case a better player can't be found. I would consider at all of the other 90 RD's in the league first. I think his game goes downhill once he has the security of a new deal as well.

Exactly. On the same page. From what we've seen of management's decision-making, I'm confident they'll look at all the options beyond Myers. They can get a better player, imo. At least we know the fallback. 

12 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Dillon cheaper than Zadorov?

I think so, probably by $2 mil. He'll be 34 next year and I think he'd sign a 2 or 3 year deal at around $3 mil. I think Zads at 29 will be looking at $5+ mil for 6-8 years.

This is crazy. In the Western conference 7 of the 8 playoffs teams are stacked. Besides NSH it would not be a surprise to see any of them make it to the SCF. LA maybe a bit behind the other 6 but they're still a really good team. 

Its going to be really tough to win the 1st round let alone the Western Conference.  

Screenshot_20240322_144846_Chrome.jpg

Edited by WHL rocks

44 minutes ago, stawns said:

So you let Myers go, what does your dcorp look like?

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Juulsen

Zadorov Woo/Mcward

Mid season review had McWard playing top 4 mins and steady as ever, projected as a solid 3rd pair nhler. We might have something there. Good competition for him and Woo to crack the roster and on a cheap contract to boot. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who are you going to get for #2 rhd that cheaper and more capable of Myers?  And you're ditching Zad?

I'm not entirely sure tbh, that's what management's job is and they are better at it then I, but I'd certainly be looking everywhere I could if I was them. There must be other RD's in the league somewhere. About 90 or so by my calculations. Maybe a trade for a cost controlled player is a possibility. I don't think it's some impossible task and we should always be striving to be better, not just give in and accept defeat. If no other options exist then sure he's a good fallback.

As far as Zadorov I don't think we can afford him myself. $5 mil plus for a third pairing guy is going to be tough for us to pull off. I would like to keep him if we can afford it though. That money would be better spent on RD imo.

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not entirely sure tbh, that's what management's job is and they are better at it then I, but I'd certainly be looking everywhere I could if I was them. There must be other RD's in the league somewhere. About 90 or so by my calculations. Maybe a trade for a cost controlled player is a possibility. I don't think it's some impossible task and we should always be striving to be better, not just give in and accept defeat. If no other options exist then sure he's a good fallback.

As far as Zadorov I don't think we can afford him myself. $5 mil plus for a third pairing guy is going to be tough for us to pull off. I would like to keep him if we can afford it though. That money would be better spent on RD imo.

his size factor plays into it. He's got a rare mix of decent size and enough skill to be a 4/5. As part of a total defensive package where you can save elsewhere on ELCs for D Petey and Willander, it makes sense to me. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This is crazy. In the Western conference 7 of the 8 playoffs teams are stacked. Besides NSH it would not be a surprise to see any of them make it to the SCF. LA maybe a bit behind the other 6 but they're still a really good team. 

Its going to be really tough to win the 1st round let alone the Western Conference.  

Screenshot_20240322_144846_Chrome.jpg

Winning the first playoff game will be a goal.  Winning one at home will be a goal too.

It's possible Nux will be out in 4 games or in the first round.  You never know.  

Until they do it, it's never a given.  

Enjoy the ride.  I would lower my expectations and hope for the best. 

• Upvote 2

The race for the Presidents Trophy is absolutely NUTS. The top 8 teams are separated by FOUR POINTS. Not to mention the Oilers are 3 games and 5 points back of Dallas but they're not in the running for top in the league. (Also, tied for first in pts% 👀)

image.png.1f97854c7697b60d68a648cea69dc30f.png

25 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

The race for the Presidents Trophy is absolutely NUTS. The top 8 teams are separated by FOUR POINTS. Not to mention the Oilers are 3 games and 5 points back of Dallas but they're not in the running for top in the league. (Also, tied for first in pts% 👀)

image.png.1f97854c7697b60d68a648cea69dc30f.png

Presidents trophy is a curse. Just win the western conference if you can.