[PGT] Poutine Swillers at Canucks

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Love Z and all the intangibles he brings but unless him/Soucy and the coaching staff are comfortable w one of them playing the right side Im not sure there’s room in the top 4.  

I think Z and Hronek have priced themselves out of VAN but that’s ok-turnover should be a normal part of team building.   Maybe the Canucks can pull off a Hronek for Zub trade or something like that (younger, less proven or producing D man)

I think Zad or hronek have priced themselves out, not both

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know if it's a good thing to finish 1st overall or 1st in conference.

In the West VGK sit in 8th spot. That means if we win the West we'd face VGK in the 1st round. 

Best thing would be to face NSH in the 1st round. 

A lot of luck involved in who will win the Cup. It could be out in 1st round or a Cup run all depending on the matchups. 

NSh seems to be super - over- extra hot right now

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Two #4-5 dmen, cap space and the haul you'd get for dealing hronek.  Seems like a good trade off if he wants a huge payday to me.

If he goes to arbitration you will get pennies on the dollar in a trade. What a haul. I never heard someone more wrong in my entire life. My entire career in this organization everyone said we need a top pairing RD we get one and let's lose him for next to nothing when he goes to arb. 

Just now, Captain Hughes said:

If he goes to arbitration you will get pennies on the dollar in a trade. What a haul. I never heard someone more wrong in my entire life. My entire career in this organization everyone said we need a top pairing RD we get one and let's lose him for next to nothing when he goes to arb. 

You think a prime career, rfa rhd gets pennies on the dollar.  Obviously you don't think much of hronek, yet you want to pay him market value of $8m or more?

Just now, stawns said:

You think a prime career, rfa rhd gets pennies on the dollar.  Obviously you don't think much of hronek, yet you want to pay him market value of $8m or more?

Your not listening. No one is gonna pay alot when he's in ARBITRATION!!!! he went that far so he will play his one year on that deal and go to FA. He wouldnt negotiate a contract with team canucks trade him to while on arb. Y would he when he so close to picking pretty much where he wants to play and for how much. Don't believe me? Listen to seravelli today. Your bad at this, I win 4-2 and scored the winner bye. I said good day 

Just now, Captain Hughes said:

Your not listening. No one is gonna pay alot when he's in ARBITRATION!!!! he went that far so he will play his one year on that deal and go to FA. He wouldnt negotiate a contract with team canucks trade him to while on arb. Y would he when he so close to picking pretty much where he wants to play and for how much. Don't believe me? Listen to seravelli today. Your bad at this, I win 4-2 and scored the winner bye. I said good day 

You're really struggling with "your" and "you're"

Id expect the Canucks would fetch a hefty price in a deal, regardless of what random guy on discussion board sats

39 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

All you're doing is regurgitating what a talking head said, based solely on his opinion.

4 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah between the two I think we can let Myers walk. Does Cole resign here? 

Sucks Breeze went down all year. Thought we had a cheap LD there, still a chance he plays in NHL next year? 

Does suck Brisbois went don't.   Don't think Cole comes back.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

People are going to see how important Zadorov is to this team down the stretch and in the playoffs. 

He's the type of heavy, physical specimen that helps teams win in playoffs.  He's not just a big and tall body but he's an intimidating,  menacing beast. 

Dakota Joshua is also in the same category albeit at forward position. 

im hoping Dman Petterson can make a significant push onto the team.

the 6 m Myers (let go or sign for 3.5) makes could sign Hronek and Zadorov.

just a thought.

46 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I caught a few seconds of the HnB show on 650 this morning and someone said that Miller hasn’t been here that long , and has spent more time on other teams before he got here ,. 

I was like wtf?  

..Dudes been pretty well a ppg player here for nearly 6 seasons , and because we didn’t draft him or change his diapers,  or his name isn’t Swedish… and he is not 19 years old ..

these wing nuts fail to recognize him for who he is and where his heart and soul is?

🤦‍♂️

They weren’t wrong, Miller is in his 13th season (hard to believe) 8 with other teams and in his 5th season here.

YOU are right tho, his heart and soul is blue and green. He has played his best and given his best while with the Canucks. I fully expect he will at least be a ring of honour member if not having his number retired.

• Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 2

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

just a thought.

When are you think dpetey might get there, because he wasn't even in the shl last year.  He might not even make Abby next season 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

just a thought.

I see Myers signing for like $2m if he wants to stay

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

They can let people negotiate a deal before trading him.  Plus, if we’re talking about it here, his contract demands won’t be a surprise.  Anyone acquiring Hronek will be happy to give him his 8x8 or whatever.  And I think a lot of teams *would* be happy.  

I’m not sure I’d do it, but I also trust this management group so I’d be happy too. It is what it is. 

But to claim teams wont trade for him because of arbitration is a bit silly.  So long as two teams are willing to pay him, they’ll need to act - not to mention NHL GMs looking to pick up a prime RHD aren’t exactly going to be patient about waiting a season to maybe get him in free agency. That’s not how pro sports work.  If he’s the guy you want, they’ll buck up and pay.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

Keep in mind, this member you're responding to, would trade off Miller, and more than likely, Boeser as well, in a heartbeat for a major "haul." 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Keep in mind, this member you're responding to, would trade off Miller, and more than likely, Boeser as well, in a heartbeat for a major "haul." 

Indeed I would have.  At some point this team is going to have to make a major move where one player goes out and multiple pieces come in.  Most teams do this on the road to a Cup.

And you know it's not because I think they are not good players, but exactly because I think they are good players.  You go ahead and pursue falsehoods though

48 minutes ago, stawns said:

When are you think dpetey might get there, because he wasn't even in the shl last year.  He might not even make Abby next season 

I believe he is in Abby this week, 

Or very soon , it was announced last week Stawnzy.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I believe he is in Abby this week, 

Or very soon , it was announced last week Stawnzy.

He is, yes, but I don't think he's really there to play, outside of a game two.  Pretty sure they said he was there to get used to NA ice.

I wasn't referring to this year, but next and the years to come.  Keep in mind he wasn't playing in the SHL, so nothing in NA is sure

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

He is, yes, but I don't think he's really there to play, outside of a game two.  Pretty sure they said he was there to get used to NA ice.

I wasn't referring to this year, but next and the years to come.  Keep in mind he wasn't playing in the SHL, so nothing in NA is sure

I beleive Lehtermaki will be here soon too ,

and yes, not sure about either dressing for a game or games.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I beleive Lehtermaki will be here soon too ,

and yes, not sure about either dressing for a game or games.

I think JL is only here for 8 days, depending on his standing for team sweden.  If he stays, I'd say he has a better chance than DPetey of seeing game action as it's more in line with the level of completion he's been play at in sweden

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

just a thought.

DPetey will play atleast 1 year in Abby then once he makes the NHL he won't be a significant contributer for another 3 seasons. 

Dmen take time to become good. It's about 300 games in the NHL for a young Dman to grow physically,  get stronger and learn the intricacies of the game. 

Once in a while you get a special kid who doesn't need much time. We have one of those named Quinn Hughes but that's not a normal player. 

DPetey won't be Myers or Zadorov replacement for atleast 3 or 4 years. Plus he's LHD, if Myers walks we're going to need a RHD to replace him. 

I'm not really worried about all that right now. I'm enjoying this season and then the playoffs.  Too many variables to try to figure out whats going to happen next season. We'll worry about that in the dog days of summer. 

• Cheers 1