[PGT] Poutine Swillers at Canucks

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Frank heard Big Z looking for $5.1 million for 4 yrs. 

Frank is full of shit. All the same, I’d make sure Zadorov is signed before the playoffs start.

A willing and dedicated behemoth is a great thing to have in the playoffs. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

Interesting stat :

I’m not worried about the scoring performances of Lindholm , Mikheyev, it players like this that will have fantastic playoff games,   Along with the likes of Lafferty , Joshua , Garland, and anyone else in a soft slump right now..

This culture / design of hockey that Tocchet has created is “Attack Hockey”.

Not only do you attack on offence,  he has them attacking on Defence , on the Forecheck , and on the Backcheck and PK as well.

We aren’t standing still anymore,.  We want the puck and will force the opponent into making errors almost every time by taking their timing away with that pressure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Duke said:

I’m legitimately torn on it. 

Not brining back Hronek does put more strain on Myers and Juulsen who have both looked great in <20 minutes. That’s the key - if you move Hronek you need someone who can keep up with Hughes.

If Hughes wins the Norris and the Canucks do well in Cup play what happens when PA puts out the HELP WANTED sign for. RD? IMHO there will be a deep lineup of applicants. Hronek is a really good RD but there is a CAP on what the Canucks can afford to pay him. 

• Cheers 3

15 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather have Zadorov and the assets you get back from trading Hronek's rights than Hronek.

I’ve been thinking about this quite a bit lately. I mean, if we took the money Hronek is reportedly asking for, and instead used it to re-sign Zadorov and bring back Tanev, are we better in the short term? And then add the package we’d get for Hronek in a trade, and are we better in the long term too?

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I’ve been thinking about this quite a bit lately. I mean, if we took the money Hronek is reportedly asking for, and instead used it to re-sign Zadorov and bring back Tanev, are we better in the short term? And then add the package we’d get for Hronek in a trade, and are we better in the long term too?

Tanev. 16 points +20 34 years old.

Hronek. 45 Points, +30, 26 years old

How is this even a question? We can afford both Hronek and Zadorov, it's not a choice of either or.

It's more like Cole or Myers whoever is cheaper, and trading Mik.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tanev. 16 points +20 34 years old.

Hronek. 45 Points, +30, 26 years old

How is this even a question? We can afford both Hronek and Zadorov, it's not a choice of either or.

It's more like Cole or Myers whoever is cheaper, and trading Mik.

The Empties agree with this except we will trade Garland, not Mik. 

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

People are going to see how important Zadorov is to this team down the stretch and in the playoffs. 

He's the type of heavy, physical specimen that helps teams win in playoffs.  He's not just a big and tall body but he's an intimidating,  menacing beast. 

Dakota Joshua is also in the same category albeit at forward position. 

And Myers and Soucy

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He'll definitely get past Bure and Naslund by the end of the season. 13 games to play.

Heck never know 18 points in 13 games is possible as well. He's averaging 1.27 ppg he needs to average 1.3 for rest of season. But games will be tighter and lower scoring down the stretch. 

Joshua isn’t really a good fighter though. Not really menacing.

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know if it's a good thing to finish 1st overall or 1st in conference.

In the West VGK sit in 8th spot. That means if we win the West we'd face VGK in the 1st round. 

Best thing would be to face NSH in the 1st round. 

A lot of luck involved in who will win the Cup. It could be out in 1st round or a Cup run all depending on the matchups. 

I think they have to play to win it all. Let's hoist the presidents cup and have home ice advantage through the playoffs. Whoever squeaks into the final WC slot will be just as tough as whoever squeaks into the 1st WC slot.   

At this point in time, COL, DAL, WPG seem to be locks for 1,2 and 3 in the Central, Nashville is almost certainly then going to be the first WC seed. Vegas meanwhile is 4-6-0 in their last ten: St Louis the opposite at 6-4-0. Only two wins separate them. On top of that Minnesota is only 2.5 wins out of that last WC spot and they have a better record than both in the last ten with 6-2-2. 

Play to win it all, play to win every game from now till the Cup is Hoisted. Even if we face Vegas in the first round, we have the tools to make it through them to the second round, but if, just IF, it is St Louis or Minny, we have a much easier path forward. Drawing Nashville, conversely, by way of 'dipping' to 2nd in the west is no guarantee of anything with their shutdown style and modified trap, AND their last ten games record of 8-0-2 is much more scary than any of the other three possibilities. 

18 hours ago, Bob Long said:

his size factor plays into it. He's got a rare mix of decent size and enough skill to be a 4/5. As part of a total defensive package where you can save elsewhere on ELCs for D Petey and Willander, it makes sense to me. 

I'm assuming you mean Zadorov. I agree and I'll 100% let management make the call. One thing they've been great at where JB failed miserably is cap allocation. He may be a 4/5 but we've already got a 4 in Soucy so he would be an over expenditure on a 3LD to an already incredibly tight cap situation. It's kind of like paying OEL $7.2 to play behind Hughes. It's nice sure, but can we afford it? We'll see what they do.

• ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Dillon cheaper than Zadorov?

At 33 years old, I would think so. Making 3.9 million right now. Turns 34 in November 

Could be a Ian Cole comp...Maybe $3-$4 million on a 2 year...takes him to 35. 

He's said he'd like to play here, maybe with a chance to play for a cup in his hometown he takes $3.5(ish)?  

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm assuming you mean Zadorov. I agree and I'll 100% let management make the call. One thing they've been great at where JB failed miserably is cap allocation. He may be a 4/5 but we've already got a 4 in Soucy so he would be an over expenditure on a 3LD to an already incredibly tight cap situation. It's kind of like paying OEL $7.2 to play behind Hughes. It's nice sure, but can we afford it? We'll see what they do.

Im not sure how much I care about which pairing, vs what capability they bring. Zad is a bit of a luxury at 5 mil for sure tho. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know if it's a good thing to finish 1st overall or 1st in conference.

In the West VGK sit in 8th spot. That means if we win the West we'd face VGK in the 1st round. 

Best thing would be to face NSH in the 1st round. 

A lot of luck involved in who will win the Cup. It could be out in 1st round or a Cup run all depending on the matchups. 

Nashville's hot at the perfect time and both of their goalies are destroying every game they play in right now. I don't think anyone wants to play them. 

Plus, this: 

Cole in for Myers next game. Rest that $6million giraffe. I think I’ve seen him make 2 completed passes out. It’s definitely me, I have a hard time understanding what he brings to the team over Cole or julsen.