[PGT] Poutine Swillers at Canucks

4 hours ago, coolboarder said:

I found it hilarious if Canucks end up finishing first in the west and their reward, defending cup champion Golden Knights as their first round opponent opponent just like 2011 and their reward is the first round cup champions Blackhawks both times plus 2012 Kings that won the Cup.  Every time they have a great season, they end up facing the Cup Champions.  Let's hope for a better result.

Probably the best fix for that is too be good for more than one season in every 12. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

When Juulsen hits it hurts. He wasn't even trying to injure the guy and bang the guy limps off, crying for a penalty to boot. He's a naturally heavy hitter.

I notice they noticed Juul's out there too and stopped skating directly at him.

Juulsen hits would hurt even more if he put a bunch of Lego's in his equipment 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Devron said:

Yeah I hate Vegas even more then the Alberta teams 

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

So wouldn't it be fun to face them and beat them?  I dunno. Stone may not be ready to go from zero to playoff intensity overnight.  And how long will Hertl take to come back and then adjust quickly to a new coach, systems, and linemates?

We got our adds during the season with Zad and Lindholm, who now both are starting to fit in well.  I'd give Canucks pretty good odds.  If we can keep this tempo we played tonight. Its like we're playing like we did before that damn all star game where Bettman made sure he tired out 5 of our top players and the head coach mid season.:classic_angry:

The Canucks aren't afraid of the Knights. With their prima donas or not. What's better than the Knights not even making the playoffs?, which would be hilarious.

If the Canucks swept them in the first round. :classic_biggrin:

Back in the day, I hated the Habs. I do believe I hate Vegas in the same way I hated the Habs back then. 

Honestly, I don't think Canucks are afraid of any team they face. I feel they're open to whoever they face and know that they can compete. But it would be sooooooo f*ckin' satisfying beating the Golden Knights for sure!

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lots of Luke Schenn in Juulsen. But a better skater and more skilled. 

Juuls be a keeper. So glad we took him on and now he's integral to our D core for sure. I thought Woo would be that guy, and he still could, but I dunno. He still might. 

Sabres, Habs, and Flames Saturday. These are the teams we SHOULD beat. So far we're doing it. Obviously we're gonna face some powerhouse teams down the stretch; a few with Coyotes, Flames, and Ducks sprinkled in. I'm confident our Canucks will perform admirably. 

Bring on the Flames! Lindy and Zads be key in their first return game since both traded to us.  Ahhhhhh........Let's Go!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

There’s always other sides to the story…

- The first game against Vegas is their first game back home after a 4 games in 6 nights road trip.

- Right after that game, they’re back on the road again, 2nd game in Vancouver.

- Jets game is last one of the season, likely doesn’t mean anything for at least one of the teams.

- Edmonton game is 2nd if a back-to-back for them, and their 3rd game in 4 nights…

…Our schedule is awesome. The team is going to be well rested for the playoffs, while still warming up against solid competition. I’m super-stoked!

And every team we play from here on in is currently below us in the standings!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Don't think Silovs will get a start any time soon. Maybe Phx on the back to back next month if Demko is not yet ready?

If the team clinches before the Anaheim game, it's 12:30am start time, would be a perfect game for it. If he has a bad game they can blame the odd start time.

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yes, please! But I don't want him to go to the Worlds. I'm selfish, lol 

Screenshot_20240322_104631_X.jpg

Going to the world's is going to be better for him than watching hockey in abby

• Cheers 3

solid defensive effort against  one of the weaker teams in the league right now... thats how it should be when you play up to your standard not down to the weaker team

Nice effort by Big Z, Desmith looked solid, better game from a lot of Canucks Podz, Garland, Hogz, even Mik and Lindy looked better. Maybe Lindholm was just pressing a bit too much and Tocchet saying he was fighting something, a little injury, took the pressure off. Giving up 17 shots in a game and limiting the chances I like going into the playoffs. The physical play has ramped up as well. As long as Juuls doesnt get out of position to throw a hit he is playing pretty tough. Good all around victory over a team we should beat. 2 points!!! move on to the Flames. Go Canucks go!!!

Edited by Mikeyman109
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lots of Luke Schenn in Juulsen. But a better skater and more skilled. 

Needs correction:

"Lots of Luke Schenn in Juulsen. But younger".

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 3

Juulsen is also an example of not giving up on a player too quickly. He struggled when he first got here. But after some experience in the farm team. He's grown as a player by leaps and bounds. Now he's pretty much ready to be a regular NHL'er. Maybe not top 4, but he keeps getting better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Juulsen is also an example of not giving up on a player too quickly. He struggled when he first got here. But after some experience in the farm team. He's grown as a player by leaps and bounds. Now he's pretty much ready to be a regular NHL'er. Maybe not top 4, but he keeps getting better.

Absolutely! He is the perfect player for us really; a physical bottom pairing guy that will not break the bank. We need these guys on our team to counteract the OEL buyout and other big contracts. Juulsen's development opens the door to a Zad resign.

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Zadorov should be a priority to be re-signed. Without a doubt. 

Agree with your sentiments about Zadorov. That he should be a priority to be re-signed. 

Question: - should the Canucks re-prioritize and have Zadorov ahead of Hronek as the next dominoe to knock down?

• Like 1