[PGT] Poutine Swillers at Canucks

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, that's why I don't even see him entering the picture as a 3rd pair LHD until 2026-27.  I don't see him comfortable in a top 4 role until 2028-29.

Timeline works very nicely as Soucy's contract is done by 2026-27.  Zadorov would be in year 5 of his new deal in 2028-29 and likely transitioning into a 3rd pair role by then.

To be clear, I think he will, but the odds aren't good for him, statistically speaking 

Just now, stawns said:

To be clear, I think he will, but the odds aren't good for him, statistically speaking 

The odds are never good for a player that isn't drafted in the top half of the 1st round and continues their trajectory in development lol.

I think DPetey is doing perfectly fine in terms of developing into a 2nd pair guy.  I think he'll be in the NHL one day, just gonna be interesting to see if he ends up a 3rd pair guy or a 2nd pair guy.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Artemus said:

Agree with your sentiments about Zadorov. That he should be a priority to be re-signed. 

Question: - should the Canucks re-prioritize and have Zadorov ahead of Hronek as the next dominoe to knock down?

I think they should. Hronek is an RFA, so the Canucks maintain some semblance of control over the situation, whereas Zadorov is a UFA, and the Canucks lose that leverage as of July 1st. 

Zadorov is proving to be a solid and dependable defenseman, who's intangibles will be very hard to replace. He can play with anyone, and still provide the same consistency. And he's also a 6'6" 248 lbs that loves to hit and is very good at it. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Devron said:

Yeah I hate Vegas even more then the Alberta teams 

Well we do have 2 games left against them. 

If we beat them both games, we would put their playoff hopes in jeopardy 

I think they have the toughest schedule remaining

Im glad stone and hertl are out lol

13 games left

Blues

Wild x 2

Avs

Jets

Canucks x 2

Preds

Oilers

Let's hope the Blues win their game against them and they lose a bunch of other ones. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think he would, not significantly anyway.  Like DPetey, itd be mostly practice and soaking in the experience.  That said, speculation on my part, obviously 

Yeah I could see that. Way better prospect and season than D-Petey though. It seems the team might be able to use some goal scoring and PP help.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I could see that. Way better prospect and season than D-Petey though. It seems the team might be able to use some goal scoring and PP help.

I could see that too

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, there's a lesson about patience to be learned here.

Also....I, too, have to learn it. Last night I was about to post how invisible Aman was. Then he scored. I still am not really on board with him, but we'll see.

Juulsen on the other hand...had him pegged from the get go. While he made some mistakes that people pointed out as glaring and screamed to get rid of him for, that physicality he brings is something I always appreciated. He's a beast.

JT was enough to have some people rethink how quickly they'd ditch a player. Where would we be now if the "OMG GET RID OF HIM" crowd got their way? Because he slammed his stick and a few gates.

Yet people get all bothered that players don't show emotion. Some fans are just never satisfied.

• Cheers 1

Poll question on the Donnie & Dhali show is: Who would you rather have?

- Hronek (at 8+ M) or

- Zadorov and Myers

So far the poll has Hronek in the lead with 65% of the votes.

• Haha 1

Hronek

Zadorov

It's both. Not one over the other. They're both priorities.

But Hronek is the main priority over Zadorov simply because of his success with Hughes. You don't de-prioritize that.

They have different games, styles of play, different roles. Both bring what we need on D both offensively and defensively.

Hronek gives Hughes the necessary mobility, intuition and room as a partner among other things, including his IQ, his shot, and the way he sees the ice. Zadorov brings his shot, size, and ability to keep guys to the outside. Both Hronek and Zad bring different but necessary levels of skill and intensity on our blueline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

There was a shift in the third that really stood out to me.  He was in the corner in the O-Zone battling with a pair of Habs for possession. In that one 10 second sequence he took the puck away from the defenders 2 or 3 times, finally getting around behind the net to a teammate,

That sort of effort and work ethic will take you a long way....

Garland and Hogz on the wings has a legendary feel to it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Lek is heading to Vancouver for a bit.

Has D-Petey played any games yet? Looks like no.

I'm thinking he gets in on the weekend maybe. He's only been here for 2 or 3games so far. Lekkerimaki next week perhaps?

13 minutes ago, Artemus said:

- Hronek (at 8+ M) or

- Zadorov and Myers

Stupid question. Should be Hronek and Zadorov, sorry Myers.

Sekeres and Price have dumb poll questions too.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Artemus said:

- Hronek (at 8+ M) or

- Zadorov and Myers

That’s a tough one.

If we go Zadorov and Myers can we tiptoe out and nab Tanev to replace Hronek?  Plus Hronek assets 

Or, if we go Hronek can be nab Tanev and Cole or Dillon?

That still doesn’t make it much easier IMO but we need to remember it’s Zadorov and Myers + assets from a Hronek trade.  That might be what tips the scales.  

I wonder if management will come to Hronek when the line up a trade, a la Petey. Would have to be after the season, obviously. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Stupid question. Should be Hronek and Zadorov, sorry Myers.

Sekeres and Price have dumb poll questions too.

Glad someone said it. This just creates BS.

Agree about that second poll too. 

• Vintage 2

32 minutes ago, Artemus said:

- Hronek (at 8+ M) or

- Zadorov and Myers

It's closer for me if you remove Myers. I think Hronek is far more important. He is the 1RD vs a 3LD. It is unknown how Hughes would be with a lesser partner. Would he be as prolific ... it's really hard to know for sure. 

Kind of a dumb question without listing the salary for Zads and CG but easily Hronek for me. If you take Myers out and we get Zadorov for $5 mil, plus the assets for a Hronek trade it's a tough decision. I think I'am still leaning Hronek as RD are so hard to find and otherwise we're looking at Juulsen as our first RD up. I know a lot of people love Zadorov but he still has questionable IQ moments and poor games overall. Depends on the terms too. Considering all of the factors I feel Zadorov will be looking for a hefty contract as well. Not sure we can afford it.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

Hronek at 8+ and Zadorov at his asking price of 5 can probably be done, but it’s not just bye bye to Myers.

We’d be losing more of DeSmith, Joshua, Cole, Bleuger, Lafferty and limiting our ability to get Tanev or Dillon. 

The bottom line is we don’t just need Hronek, we need a 2RD as well. The nhl ready RD on the roster next season is Juusen - and fine, slot him in as #6 but I think you can run Soucy as a 2nd or 3rd pair guy considering the minutes Hughes plays.  We don’t have that luxury on the right.  That’s why Zadorov is behind Hronek and even Myers in priority.  The left side is way more stable.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 2

Once the playoffs start and the whistles go away, fans will see why having a player like Zadorov is helpful.

When you want to keep your star players safe, keep the crease and Demko's sitelines clear, there's no better defenseman in the league for the job than Zadorov. He's a more complete player than Jamie Olesiak. who's the only player larger than him.

Yesterday provided some insight into the offensive instincts that he possesses too. Note that players tended to give him space on the ice. 

• Like 4