[Article] Rutherford: Canucks almost 'out of some contracts we'd prefer not to have'

RWJC

16 minutes ago, Brock a leg said:

Brock is going to be that guy we were all excited about we need to quit giving up on players

Right!

How many players in the past have we given up on and traded or let go for free? Players that went on to have good careers elsewhere.

Let's see what Brock can do this year.

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ll never liked Jeff Patterson. His insinuation in the article is deceptive and deceitful. 

Yeah dude it's all about engagement and driving up clicks for ad revenue it's shameful.

I follow f1 and I will routinely see headlines like "Hamilton pondering a move to Red Bull?"  or "X driver doesn't like X driver" 

Then when you read the article, it's usually about something trivial that Hamilton did, like relaxing on his boat while holding a Red Bull.

Edited by LucBourdon28
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Still unsure of the Garland hate.  If he is what he is a 55-60 point 5v5 player for his cap hit, he's worth it at the end of next season at the earliest.  I get the moving him out but replacing that is also not super easy.

Time will tell for sure

Nothing wrong with him as a player...but I'm sure they'd love to use that cap to upgrade at top 6 W or top 4 D instead. It's nothing personal against the player but he's redundant on this rooster...another small, skilled winger who doesn't play either special team... especially when we have Hoglander readily available to grow in to that role at ~1/4 the cap. We can simply use that cap better elsewhere, it's not "hate". Good player or not.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Rutherford is a effin' idiot! Those players probably already know who they are but you don't have to blab it out loud. It creates a bad culture. The wise move in silence.

2 hours ago, tas said:

I do agree with this. the guy carelessly flaps his gums, it's good they keep his old ass away from the cameras these days. 

What a strange spot for me to be in.

I left CDC because I was ticked at the way Rutherford was doing things out loud. Yaking away, dissing the coach, behaving like a petulant arse.

He stepped into the background and P. A quietly went about the job, so I ended up back on the cdc site.

So now I have to actually defend J.R. by pointing out, according to the article Jimmy never said any names. Jeff Paterson assumed a few names, but J.R. didn't state any.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Yeah dude it's all about engagement and driving up clicks for ad revenue it's shameful.

I follow f1 and I will routinely see headlines like "Hamilton pondering a move to Red Bull?"  or "X driver doesn't like X driver" 

Then when you read the article it's about some BS thing Hamilton did like chilling on his boat with a Red Bull in his hand 🙄

The capitulation and lies these assbaggers peddle in is lowbrow and bent. 

I guess people skimmed over this bit.

"Moves that were made prior to us coming here, I don't even disagree with them," Rutherford said. "People were making moves on teams thinking the cap would keep going up. And if the cap kept going up, we're not having this conversation. It's been a flat cap since COVID.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I guess people skimmed over this bit.

"Moves that were made prior to us coming here, I don't even disagree with them," Rutherford said. "People were making moves on teams thinking the cap would keep going up. And if the cap kept going up, we're not having this conversation. It's been a flat cap since COVID.

It's kinda funny, isn't it? Suddenly Benning got some defense.

5 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Rutherford is a effin' idiot! Those players probably already know who they are but you don't have to blab it out loud. It creates a bad culture. The wise move in silence.

4 hours ago, tas said:

I do agree with this. the guy carelessly flaps his gums, it's good they keep his old ass away from the cameras these days. 

I thought we all used to complain because management would BS the fans and not shed any insight into the teams direction. Now we have a president that is transparent, direct and calls it like it is and people are like shut up? Doesn't make much sense. All GM's know Myers sucks, it is why he hasn't been traded. Who cares if Rutherford says we have some contracts we don't want? Reality is all 31 teams have contracts they don't want. Society is so soft these days its incredible. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Still unsure of the Garland hate.  If he is what he is a 55-60 point 5v5 player for his cap hit, he's worth it at the end of next season at the earliest.  I get the moving him out but replacing that is also not super easy.

Time will tell for sure

I like Garland but reality is we are a soft team (upfront) and lack size. Ideally you'd want a player like Hogs or Pods to replace Garland and his production for a quarter of the price, then allocate the savings to strengthen other areas of the team. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I thought we all used to complain because management would BS the fans and not shed any insight into the teams direction. Now we have a president that is transparent, direct and calls it like it is and people are like shut up? Doesn't make much sense. All GM's know Myers sucks, it is why he hasn't been traded. Who cares if Rutherford says we have some contracts we don't want? Reality is all 31 teams have contracts they don't want. Society is so soft these days its incredible. 

The problem is that you only think about trade value or how much a player sucks, I think more about the morale of the team, the culture and a players mental health. Also shows how much you care about your players and trying to attract future talent.

If I worked for a company that held 10 employees in which 8 were on 2 year contracts and me and another guy were on 1 yr and the boss basically flat out told everyone how he can't wait to get those 1 year contracts over with, How do you think I would feel? Lucky if the company got 10 percent out of me let alone 20, Extra long breaks, lazy and late..yeah eff you too.

It's about professionalism and creating a good environment , Not throwing your employees under the bus and stirring the pot making things worse and telling this sh!tty media about things we already know.

Maybe it’s a reach but even if BB6 were to be traded this season, I can’t imagine it will happen prior to EP signing an extension. I think a lot of consideration will be given to that particular status…keeping our star player happy and encouraging him to re-up. 

Myers will be gone by TDL or sooner, same with Beau unless he is resigned which I think trade is better.

Brock if he starts putting up points you have to trade him as he has had more then his s chance here and time to go.If he plays the same another 2nd should get rid of him.

Far as Garland goes amy ufa with same stats makes more.He is the only only one of three I would keep.

TDL should be interesting as Myers,Beau with a Rathbone or Hogs should get us something decent.

We have maybe three to four players knocking at the door to take a spot.

Boeser's contract is one this management team offered, so I doubt they mean him. Garland, Poolman, and Myer's are the bad contracts that belong to the old gang. Albeit nobody could have really predicted Poolman might never play again. And I still think Garland's contract is fine. He just needs to be played. 

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

What a strange spot for me to be in.

I left CDC because I was ticked at the way Rutherford was doing things out loud. Yaking away, dissing the coach, behaving like a petulant arse.

He stepped into the background and P. A quietly went about the job, so I ended up back on the cdc site.

So now I have to actually defend J.R. by pointing out, according to the article Jimmy never said any names. Jeff Paterson assumed a few names, but J.R. didn't state any.

he didn't need to say the names, everybody knows who they are. 

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

the guys in the dressing room who have to play for a team that they know, openly, doesn't want them. 

there's transparency, and then there's running your mouth like a moron. 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, tas said:

leave it to jeff fucking paterson to immediately, without hesitation, twist a direct quote of "one or two" into his fabricated "all three of".

get this chump has-been off the beat. 

edit: brock is part of this team, off the market. get it through your thick skull. (I know you read this thinking you're doing your "journalistic duty" of keeping your finger on the pulse of the market. gag me)

It's up to Brock. We all know he has "skill".  Here's where I'm going to disagree w Alvin. At the top level everyone is going to have skill what gets many to the next level is compete. 

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

Poolman has another year.

But yeah, Myers and Beau expire this year, and hopefully Garland becomes easier to move when the cap goes up as well.

Ahh, for some reason I thought Poolman was this year. I forgot we gave him a 4 year deal for some fucking reason.

Myers and Beau will be nice to get off the books, definitely Garland gone though.