[GDT] Sat Mar 23 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Who the fuck is this colour guy? He's had the flames nuts in his mouth all night.

TJ Miller? Fucking really?

Haha he does that all of the time with JT too. Multiple times every other game.

Also it's Harnaryan (sp?) Singh. He's a national broadcaster but he's a Calgary guy. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

the color guy just blamed the goal on bad change by TJ Miller. 

earlier play by play guy said Hronek made a good check, but it was Myers.  

I bet Iginla'll score a goal.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, brilac said:

That's one of the reasons why I don't eat at the restaurants. I don't like tipping expectations, and especially when there is the "secondary tip," the "to-go tip," the "kitchen tip," the "something about the cost of living" tip, and all these other tips. 

The worst are those take out places where you have to drive to and get no service, then they shove the payment thing-a-ma-jig under your nose with 20% tip staring at you.     No way!

• Upvote 1

Just now, brilac said:

That's one of the reasons why I don't eat at the restaurants. I don't like tipping expectations, and especially when there is the "secondary tip," the "to-go tip," the "kitchen tip," the "something about the cost of living" tip, and all these other tips. 

Second Job I was a busboy at a Seafood Restaurant. There was a tip pool, so basically 20% of the Wait staff Tips. It was shared to the bartenders, hostesses, bussers, and kitchen staff. We also had a small Dine and Dash fund. One of the head waiters buggered off with the Dine and Dash fund. ($10,000 back in 1987).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It really seems weird a first place team can’t get any calls. Just bizarre or are the Canucks really not doing anything to get calls?

What Re they supposed to do get calls?

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

The worst are those take out places where you have to drive to and get no service, then they shove the payment thing-a-ma-jig under your nose with 20% tip staring at you.     No way!

It’s ridiculous for sure. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Yeah, its definitely gotten out of hand, If we do go out we do tip well but the desire has sure gone down, on top of that I can cook quite well so the need is not there.

It's gotten out of hand with these expectations. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Haha he does that all of the time with JT too. Multiple times every other game.

Also it's Harnaryan (sp?) Singh. He's a national broadcaster but he's a Calgary guy. 

No, not Singh. He's terrible too, but it's the colour guy that literally everytime he opens his mouth it's about how amazing the Flames are. Like the bullshit about the Canucks need to be careful, the Flames are hanging around and are coming!!!

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What I don't get, back then a 10% tip was the norm, nowadays they want 18-20%. Isn't a 10% tip inflation proof as the actual amount goes up with the price of food.

It used to be something that they could earn if service was great.  Then, I started tipping more during covid because I used to be in the industry and I knew they were struggling.  Now, 20% has become my habit.

This has to be one of the worst commentary teams sportsnet has to offer. How do you confuse Myers with Hronek? Constant mistakes like calling JT, TJ and that's not even brining up the fact Sign has a hard time keeping up with the game. Just absolute amateur stuff 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brilac said:

i don't tip steve buscemi GIF

Twice posted tonight

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

It's gotten out of hand with these expectations. 

It out of hand when you go to a cafe and someone pours a cup of coffee and the payment system has a tip option.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksCountry said:

This has to be one of the worst commentary teams sportsnet has to offer. How do you confuse Myers with Hronek? Constant mistakes like calling JT, TJ and that's not even brining up the fact Sign has a hard time keeping up with the game. Just absolute amateur stuff 

You’re right. The call is  consistently  lagging or absent all together. 

• Like 1