[GDT] Sat Mar 23 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I always thought he was Steve Buscemi

Nah, Buscemi is a standup guy who helped out the NYFD on 9/11.  Rotten Ronnie is a disgrace to his country who belongs in prison for criminally slandering Burrows.  Pretty easy to tell them apart.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

McDiver in playoff form with the tantrums.  Edmonton really dropped the ball not bringing in some actual leadership and taking the C away from that gutless flopper.

At least he's not Russian.

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

How many pp's does Edm get in the 3rd

It's like this all the time. Divers plus the losing team game management calls. Seen this a lot with the Oilers and can count on a couple good dives yet. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

At least he's not Russian.

If there's two things I can't stand in this world it's people who are intolerant of other people's culture and russians. 

Edited by Captain Hughes
  • Haha 3

Is there another team that keeps their first unit pp out for the full 2 minutes like the coil do night after night?  Their second unit PP does get a whiff here and there but it seems rare.  I guess id ride those guys too with the complete lack of depth on that team and McDavid of course.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nah, Buscemi is a standup guy who helped out the NYFD on 9/11.  Rotten Ronnie is a disgrace to his country who belongs in prison for criminally slandering Burrows.  Pretty easy to tell them apart.

I ment the picture looked like Buscemi

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

We had one for the 15 years we lived on the North Shore, can't remember exactly how it worked but for North Shore (I think, maybe Vancouver too) residents it was cheaper than a one day pass. We did live a couple km further north on Nancy Green way so it was a no brainer.

Bc residents

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

If there's two things I can't stand in this world it's people who are in tolerant of other people's culture and russians. 

My wife hates it when I'm Russian but even more when I'm Finnish.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He actually was a fireman while he was getting his start acting.  I believe he was doing a reg 12 hour shift in the days and weeks after 9/11

Just now, Falcons said:

Flashback when Domi senior  fought Brashear three times in one game 

I was at than one and it was awesome 

Did you see Tie in the stands, he kinda looked out of it, like something is wrong.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He actually was a fireman while he was getting his start acting.  I believe he was doing a reg 12 hour shift in the days and weeks after 9/11

On 11 September 2001, Steve Buscemi – the US actor known for his depictions of gangsters and weirdos in shows such as The Sopranos and The Big Lebowski – returned to his old job as a New York City firefighter.

He worked 12-hour shifts for several days alongside other firefighters, searching for survivors in the rubble of the World Trade Center.

Buscemi, now 65, had taken the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) civil service test when he was 18 and used to work as a FDNY firefighter in downtown Manhattan in the 1980s.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, stawns said:

There was a lot of hype for win-van.  Should a sports network not hype a game between tor-edm, featuring two of the best offensive players in the world?

Well, sure. And I'm in the east, so I'm disproportionately exposed to Leaf talk 24/7. But I think Hughes is worth the price of admission every night, and it galls me that eastern media write Vancouver off because we don't rely on one forward for 80% of our scoring. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Did you see Tie in the stands, he kinda looked out of it, like something is wrong.

Ya he seemed kinda shocked his kid dropped the gloves I think 

proud papa iam sure 

1 minute ago, Goalie Interference said:

Well, sure. And I'm in the east, so I'm disproportionately exposed to Leaf talk 24/7. But I think Hughes is worth the price of admission every night, and it galls me that eastern media write Vancouver off because we don't rely on one forward for 80% of our scoring. 

That's fair

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

On 11 September 2001, Steve Buscemi – the US actor known for his depictions of gangsters and weirdos in shows such as The Sopranos and The Big Lebowski – returned to his old job as a New York City firefighter.

He worked 12-hour shifts for several days alongside other firefighters, searching for survivors in the rubble of the World Trade Center.

Buscemi, now 65, had taken the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) civil service test when he was 18 and used to work as a FDNY firefighter in downtown Manhattan in the 1980s.

Imagine him trying to carry someone down a ladder from the third floor in the middle of a working structure fire

he made the right career choice 

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

Yeah, unbelievably selfless act that showed just what kind of guy he is.  Also a hell of an actor although no matter what he does I keep seeing Mr. Pink.

• Cheers 1