[PGT] Lames at Canucks

I still think Joshua - Petey - Garland is worth a look heading into the playoffs. I still want to see Lindholm replace Suter on PP1.

Joshua - Petey - Garland

Boeser - Miller - Hoglander

Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty

Podkolzin - Blueger - Suter

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy - Juulsen

I'd be interested in seeing how that line up performs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I still think Joshua - Petey - Garland is worth a look heading into the playoffs. I still want to see Lindholm replace Suter on PP1.

Joshua - Petey - Garland

Boeser - Miller - Hoglander

Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty

Podkolzin - Blueger - Suter

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy - Juulsen

I'd be interested in seeing how that line up performs.

Agreed.

Hoglander has shown he can produce pretty much anywhere.

I’m not sure that line is one you wanna go into playoffs with. They do create a lot of chaos but against a bigger stingier team like LA it might be tough.

I might bump Suter up the lineup there though. Not sure how much offense that third line could produce.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

Hoglander has shown he can produce pretty much anywhere.

I’m not sure that line is one you wanna go into playoffs with. They do create a lot of chaos but against a bigger stingier team like LA it might be tough.

I might bump Suter up the lineup there though. Not sure how much offense that third line could produce.

Offense wouldn't necessarily be their role, I was thinking more of a shutdown line but sure, Lafferty and Suter could be interchangeable. The speed of Lafferty working with Podkolzin may create opportunities.

My fear with Hoz - Pet - Garland is that there isn't enough size for a tough playoff series. Liberties will be taken.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

😂

I love the drive to always be better. Exactly what you want in your leaders.

He made a huge play in that game to draw a penalty and completely shift momentum though. Then obviously he scored the 3-1 goal to put them away. Plays like that can win you games and even series. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

12 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Offense wouldn't necessarily be their role, I was thinking more of a shutdown line but sure, Lafferty and Suter could be interchangeable. The speed of Lafferty working with Podkolzin may create opportunities.

My fear with Hoz - Pet - Garland is that there isn't enough size for a tough playoff series. Liberties will be taken.

I mean I thought that line wouldn’t work because of size too but then I realized that those two create space for Pettersson through creating chaos around the net. They drive defenders crazy chasing them around and it frees up Petey to do his thing.

Still need to see more to know if will work long term. Good thing is we get LA, Dallas, and Vegas down the stretch to test it out.

• Cheers 1

I would not mind trying Joshua sloting in the Miller-Boeser line and see how they performs.   If Joshua have had a great chemistry with Garland, I can see Joshua having a good chemistry with Miller and it will give a different look and tough match-up for opposition to handle.  Great thing about the combinations is that we can blend some lines and not missing any beat.  He seems to do that almost games this season.  When  we do blend the lines, it gives a match-up issues for opposition coach to choose when it comes to a match-up game on the road with last change.  Tocchet could throw off the opposition rhythm when it comes to that match-up game in the playoffs.  The fact of the matter is whenever the Canucks throw a curveball, they dominated.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DexM94 said:

kick this guy out of the top 6.
i want to try Podkolzin to add a huge forechecking ability to Miller-Boeser line.

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

Hoglander Petey Garland

Mikheyev Lindholm Joshua

Suter Blueger Lafferty

PdG

now we can talk. 

Jim Benning is that you?

There was a time, many moons ago, that Hoglander was a little dangerous with his style of play. Not any more!  He's really grown into a well rounded, dependable

player. He has a deceptive shot that's hard for netminders to get a read on. Fantastic passer and reads the play as good as anyone. Not afraid to lay on the body

as well. He plays well with Miller or Pettersson, equally as well. Now he's developed a more controlled skating style that allows him to be even more diverse.

Kid turns on a dime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

There was a time, many moons ago, that Hoglander was a little dangerous with his style of play. Not any more!  He's really grown into a well rounded, dependable

player. He has a deceptive shot that's hard for netminders to get a read on. Fantastic passer and reads the play as good as anyone. Not afraid to lay on the body

as well. He plays well with Miller or Pettersson, equally as well. Now he's developed a more controlled skating style that allows him to be even more diverse.

Kid turns on a dime.

Still so young too.. such a good example of how important it is to give prospects time to mature and grow into their own.. not every good player can step into the league at twenty

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2