[PGT] Lames at Canucks

13 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Fair enough. I'm not sure a Pandemic shortened season with games played in empty rinks will help them this year. To me that year was an anomoly compared to the rest of their playoff history going back 10 years ago, where they've missed the playoffs 8 times. 

That playoff gets an asterisk for no fans, but you can't take away how the games were played, or the teams that had their runs either.   The Canucks were one of those teams.   Habs of course, kept it going.    JT Miller had plenty of playoff experience prior to the trade, so did Myers in WNP.   Bluegar has a cup ring.    Know our drafted core didn't get a lot of action, they did pay their dues and earned the right to give it another go.    

The West is stacked this year.    It's not like St. Louis didn't play us hard, or MIN, or Vegas.    And the fans were glued to the TV's not much else to do then.   The reason I was hoping for Soucy this summer, is because he was very good against us.   Hartman too.   Whitecloud in Vegas - guys who at the time were just getting going really...hit and played with ferocity.   

We've probably got the biggest D in the league now.   Also have one of the best ones as well.     Center depth was addressed.   Goaltending big check mark there.     Demko doesn't have to play out of his mind anymore.   That to Allvin and Tochett.     

There is a reason why other fans and other media outlets,  include the Canucks as a contender this season.    Know it might not look like that some nights.    But enough nights it surely has.    And for months, most of the season, one loss was followed with a W.     And pretty sure our record going into the third with the lead, still is at the top, and not just the top, but another level above.    Also pretty sure, that losing streak, and set of ten games, is well in the rear view mirror.   Even without Demko, our record is awesome.    Only Boston can really say that about their top two guys. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Tried to explain that Garland isn't getting paid to score 60 points.   Given how a lot of UFA contracts go, he's made the par line every season.   Could we do better?  Law of averages, we could do a lot worse too, signing a UFA (Mikheyev).     And he's a great teammate.  That has value that you won't see on the scoreboard.    

It takes a village to win a cup.   Garland is an important member of our village, it's nice to see him getting some recognition.   His story is a lot closer to Burrows than it is Ronning.   All 3 of those guys had to fight for everything that the hockey universe could provide them.    Imagine leading the CHL and getting passed on in the draft the year prior, and getting a "flyer" selection.    The guy has some Martin St. Louis in him too.   Theo Fluery.    Hogs and Garland might be small, but their hearts are gigantic, as is the effort.   EP's season reminds me of when the Sedins just couldn't find a partner all in one season.   Has played with everyone.     If this is what the team needs (Hogs and Garland with EP), then Joshua gets Lindholm.   Nothing wrong with that either. 

Yeah exactly. If that combination continues to click, hell yeah! 

That's two killer lines. Though, I wouldn't mind giving Podz a shot with Miller and Boeser. 

And nothing against Joshua or Lindholm. That would be an amazing 3rd line, with Suter/Blueger?

• Cheers 2

When Joshua comes back so we split Garland and Hoglander and Petey to put that dynamic 3rd back together? Or mix up a new brew? Petey having our two best forecheckers is really working well, plus hogs has that took notch skill to finish, and Garland can make some plays too. But man can Garland keep the puck alive in the O zone. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah exactly. If that combination continues to click, hell yeah! 

That's two killer lines. Though, I wouldn't mind giving Podz a shot with Miller and Boeser. 

And nothing against Joshua or Lindholm. That would be an amazing 3rd line, with Suter/Blueger?

100%. I like Suter more as a 3/4 guy 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

When Joshua comes back so we split Garland and Hoglander and Petey to put that dynamic 3rd back together? Or mix up a new brew? Petey having our two best forecheckers is really working well, plus hogs has that took notch skill to finish, and Garland can make some plays too. But man can Garland keep the puck alive in the O zone. 

Based on what we witnessed last night, I'd keep them together. (Petey, Hogz and Garland) 

Garland is the 2nd best puck controller/distributor, behind Hughes. 

If those 3 continue to play like they did against Calgary, it was magical. 

Don't change a thing. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I dont think they break up Petey hohz and garland.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Watching Garland keep the puck in the zone and the way he gets to people so fast when it looks like it's over and gets the puck back somehow or forces a turnover! I've never seen someone who hounds the puck that well in years! Really good at cross ice passes/drives to the net too he gets so low and still finds a line to make the pass or drive. So shifty on his skates guys just can't stick to him to cover that! Playing his best hockey right now that's for sure.

He's playing excellent right now, no doubt. But that's his game. He doesn't let up. 

As far as the hustle and gaining control of pucks in board battles, he's amazing, as is the Hog. 

That's two Hogs on the boards who are highly skilled. 

Then we got some punk ass bitch Petey centering 'em! 😆

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

We've probably got the biggest D in the league now.   Also have one of the best ones as well.

Seriously a good joke in here somewhere lol

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, JayDangles said:

From the Yukon. And yes! We've definitely been enjoying the cherry blossoms! It's so warm down here! Lol.

My family lived in Keno City in 1960 to 67. My father worked at the Keno Hills mine. Harsh winters,nice summers 24 hr daylight. Great fun as a kid.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ice time for defencemen tonight:

Hughes - 24:20

Hronek - 20:59

Myers - 18:57

Zadorov - 18:30

Soucy - 18:19

Juulsen - 17:09

Cole - 0

So is Zadorov still a 3rd pairing guy?   🤣

It's obvious Zadorov is a top 4 guy.  I'll defend that as much as I defended Miller over Horvat, and Garland over Mikheyev 😁

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

😂

Lol.  that Miller guy said Miller was the worst player in the game?

He better not say that around here or Miller's fans will rip into him!

What would that Miller guy know?

- You are your own toughest critic, but the worst player out there?  Wait till he's the best then!!!!

Go J.T!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian_Kanga said:

Lol.  that Miller guy said Miller was the worst player in the game?

He better not say that around here or Miller's fans will rip into him!

What would that Miller guy know?

- You are your own toughest critic, but the worst player out there?  Wait till he's the best then!!!!

Go J.T!

Miller is such a beauty 

• Like 2