[PGT] Lames at Canucks

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think of all the teams the Canucks could potentially face in the playoffs. It's LA that scares me the most. So the Canucks need to fight to clinch the division as much as possible. 

LA don't scare me... Or Vegas.

To me in order of how they match up against the nucks, hardest to easiest in the West.

1) Jets (Best goaltender/Play heavy/Vet leadership)

2)Avalanche(Won before/Hungry)

3)Stars (Good goaltender/Best defence in West)

4)Oilers(McDrais)

5)Knights(Just won/Same team)

6)Preds(Good goaltending/good team structure)

7)Kings(Streaky great/vet leadership that has won twice).

If we get #4-7 for first and second round... I think we could make it to the conference final.  All bets are off for #1-3 especially Jets and Avalanche.

Edited by Hogs and Podz

As an aside, the Canucks are assured to win the Pacific Division, barring a spectacular melt-down and almost certain to win the Western Conference, barring again some sort of brain cramp

GP            W             L           OT           Pts
Canucks 71 45 18 8 98
  82 50 23 9 109
Remaining 11 5 5 1  

Oilers 68 42 22 4 88
  82 52 24 6 110
Remaining 14 10 2 2  

Don't think the Oilers will go 10-2-2 if the Canucks play .500 hockey the rest of the way 😁

Strength of remaining schedule:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0de13ee165ddafcd97a14dd9dfe42268.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Joe King said:

My family lived in Keno City in 1960 to 67. My father worked at the Keno Hills mine. Harsh winters,nice summers 24 hr daylight. Great fun as a kid.

Wow that's definitely remote! Keno is a pretty special place now. Has only like 12 year round residents. Doubt it's changed much since you were there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

To me in order of how they match up against the nucks, hardest to easiest in the West.

4)Oilers(McDrais)

For me it's:

1. Avs (Most dangerous combo of skaters, NHL fav/likely to be favoured by zebras/league over a Canadian team)

2. Jets (not a great matchup for Nucks for the reasons you mentioned)

3. Oilers (McDrais + better D corps than previous years)

4. Knights (LTIR, NHL darling)

5. Stars (Better defense but Canucks have matched up well against them this year)

6. Preds = Kings

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

As an aside, the Canucks are assured to win the Pacific Division, barring a spectacular melt-down and almost certain to win the Western Conference, barring again some sort of brain cramp

Canucks 71 45 18 8 98
  82 50 23 9 109
Remaining 11 5 5 1  

Oilers 68 42 22 4 88
  82 52 24 6 110
Remaining 14 10 2 2  

Don't think the Oilers will go 10-2-2 if the Canucks play .500 hockey the rest of the way 😁

Wait ... We should win the Conference easily?

We are 3 points up on Colorado and they have a game in hand. Dallas and Winnipeg are also right there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Canucks 71 45 18 8 98
  82 50 23 9 109
Remaining 11 5 5 1  

Oilers 68 42 22 4 88
  82 52 24 6 110
Remaining 14 10 2 2  

Strength of remaining schedule:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.0de13ee165ddafcd97a14dd9dfe42268.png

Seattle will miss the playoffs but they could make it interesting. St. Louis, Los Angeles, and Minnesota are battling to secure a playoff spot. (And to a lesser extent Vegas).

Pretty sure it's going to be wild the last few weeks of the season. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg falls out of the top 3 in it's division and Nashville takes their place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

4)Oilers(McDrais)

If we get #4-7 for first and second round... I think we could make it to the conference final.  All bets are off for #1-3 especially Jets and Avalanche.

I don't think it's a matter of being scared. It's a matter of concerned, and don't underestimate anyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Wait ... We should win the Conference easily?

We are 3 points up on Colorado and they have a game in hand. Dallas and Winnipeg are also right there.

Never said that, I said barring a brain cramp ... as in stop playing at the current level (again) which is 7-1-1 over last 9. If they keep that pace up, will be very hard to catch the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

I'm not afraid of any team. When healthy, we can beat anyone. Whoever we get in the first round will be tough no matter what. Each round will be a dogfight. The parity is now so really close. I'm not looking for the easy way out. There isn't one. Bring it on! 

• Like 3
  • chaos 1

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But..but...I want Vegas to lose, so St. Louis is only 2 points behind them just to freak them out.

I was kinda hoping Calgary would catch Vegas and sneak in because I think it would have been funny af.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Never said that, I said barring a brain cramp ... as in stop playing at the current level (again) which is 7-1-1 over last 9. If they keep that pace up, will be very hard to catch the Canucks. 

Aha, yes pretty hard to catch us if we keep up a .900 win %. I don't think it matters at all though. All the teams are equal at his point. It's a toss up. Could end up being worse finishing in first.

I say that mostly after 2011 and 2012. The President's trophy don't mean didley squat, and that's been proven more times than not.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Miller disproves the theory that all players will dog it once they get a lucrative long term deal.  If anything, his overall play (eg., play without the puck) has only gotten better.

This is a great point. Some keep waiting for that to happen. Others though saw that he's not the type of guy to mail it in because of money. He really isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2