[PGT] Lames at Canucks

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Seems to be an on and off thing. Trying to get a handle on it...

I hope the injury isn't a mental one (ie. he got used to the idea that he wouldn't be playing meaningful hockey this year and now he's being asked to and he's struggling to flip the switch).

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Avalanche are flopping all over the fucking place. Embarassing team. 

Teams lose SO much credibility to me when they do that.

Have some f'n integrity. Win based on skill....it's showing weakness to need the refs to help.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Exactly.

I fully expect that when he does maybe slow down alittle people will jump in with "I told you so". But, as they do now, they'll over look what he HAS done and focus on only negative stuff. You have to love that we have this guy right now.....I bet every other team heading in to the playoffs would want him on their bench. Waiting to pounce on him in order to prove themselves right.

The other thing is, the type of game he plays is physical but he also stays in good shape so in your 30's it's not like you're 70. He's shown he's extremely durable and resilient and fitness will be a huge factor in that. His game isn't one that's based on speed and if he loses a step he can still position himself to be very effective. He's crafty and makes quick decisions....that part will still be intact. He sees plays and reacts really well. He can shield the puck and protect it well so that part shouldn't drop off significantly.

^^^^^^^ What she said

If I could, I would put money on JT getting a couple more 100 point seasons and taper off to about 75 points by age 34 ... he will be paid a bit over point value by end of career but much like Ovi in Washington, JT will be paid a bit of a pension last couple of years due to what he had done for Vancouver over the first 6 years ... which will be a cup or three alongside Petey, Huggy, Honker and Big Zeke.

Heck of a player we have in TJ 😝

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Interesting point, could the Canucks simple say, "we want to rest Lindy for rest of season and have a couple of tune up games in Abby before post-season starts" ... or would Bettman have a giant shit all over PA and JR?

Edited by Rocket-68

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Teams lose SO much credibility to me when they do that.

Have some f'n integrity. Win based on skill....it's showing weakness to need the refs to help.

I mean ... let's be honest ... petey doesn't draw a lot of penalties by battling through checks and being strong on his skates. 

15 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Capitals win 3-0 against Jets

Ovi is catching fire at exactly the right time for the playoffs... be nice to see Washington Rangers in first round and have Ovi and Wilson beat the shit out of the Rangers.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Another Canucks medical evaluation scandal?  Hope not.  They have a history with poo pooing some players injuries or misdiagnosing them. 

Don't take $%^&#@ chances. Why "play through" something, risking re-injury? This quote from the article:

Considering Lindholm hasn’t missed any games while fighting through this injury, it’s safe to assume it shouldn’t be anything too serious. It does, however, beg the question as to why the Canucks are risking their big trade acquisition aggravating something when a playoff spot is all but guaranteed.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, tas said:

I mean ... let's be honest ... petey doesn't draw a lot of penalties by battling through checks and being strong on his skates. 

No he does it by dangling people and being checked illegally. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hate to speculate but I'm going to. (Reality is I want him healthy for the playoffs). His skating seems not to be effected, if it is he's only slightly slowed.

Which logic indicates one of four injury areas.

1) Hand/Wrist - Don't think this is likely because he can win at faceoffs.

2) Shoulder. That would effect his shot strength, trying to compensate would throw him off target for passing and shots.

3) Mild concussion. That would be why his passes and shot is off. But he can be laser focused on face/offs so I also think this is doubtful.

4) Rib injury. Maybe not broken but possibly cracked ribs. He's able to play through the pain, but it would effect his shot and long passes.

I'm not a doctor. But I'm thinking its 2 or 4. I hope he gets any help he needs, and is 100% for the playoffs. The sooner we clinch. The team can rest him for a few games.

No doubt it could be any of those things. There's apossibility of it being emotional as well. Never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Miller disproves the theory that all players will dog it once they get a lucrative long term deal.  If anything, his overall play (eg., play without the puck) has only gotten better.

And as they get older. 

I've been saying it for awhile, and who knows for sure, but Miller is more like Pavelski type player, which would be amazing long-term. 

Even the other night where he went off after taking that shot, then he's back. That is one tough hombre! 

• Cheers 1

Tomorrow night's game between St. Louis and Vegas has huge ramifications for the Wildcard standings. Vegas wins and they're all but assured to be the second wild card team, going 6 points up with a game in hand. If St. Louis wins, then they're within two points with Adin Hill being hurt at the worst time... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1