[PGT] Lames at Canucks

13 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

No he does it by dangling people and being checked illegally. 

might be some confirmation bias there.

he goes down easy, and does so to try to draw penalties. 

8 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Tomorrow night's game between St. Louis and Vegas has huge ramifications for the Wildcard standings. Vegas wins and they're all but assured to be the second wild card team, going 6 points up with a game in hand. If St. Louis wins, then they're within two points with Adin Hill being hurt at the worst time... 

We will beat Vegas twice, I have put money (a sizeable wager) on it ... in Vegas! That will give the Blue Notes a helping hand, go Blues go.

Not a betting man much, other than a lottery ticket now and then, but I believe in this team. Put money on the single games as a hedge and on Canucks winning both games for the payoff. 

GO ORCAS GO!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Another Canucks medical evaluation scandal?  Hope not.  They have a history with poo pooing some players injuries or misdiagnosing them. 

Don't take $%^&#@ chances. Why "play through" something, risking re-injury? This quote from the article:

Considering Lindholm hasn’t missed any games while fighting through this injury, it’s safe to assume it shouldn’t be anything too serious. It does, however, beg the question as to why the Canucks are risking their big trade acquisition aggravating something when a playoff spot is all but guaranteed.

They don't announce it but most guys are playing through minor injuries this time of the season. On all teams. Maybe Lindholm himself thought it was minor but didn't recover normally.

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, tas said:

I mean ... let's be honest ... petey doesn't draw a lot of penalties by battling through checks and being strong on his skates. 

Yes, he usually IS battling when he goes down. He doesn't do the Nate shake out like he's been stabbed.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

or he's slick and shifty and other teams pay extra attention to him. Also, it seems like embellishment is not Tocchet's style.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

And as they get older. 

I've been saying it for awhile, and who knows for sure, but Miller is more like Pavelski type player, which would be amazing long-term. 

Even the other night where he went off after taking that shot, then he's back. That is one tough hombre! 

I think his work ethic also is contagious to others on the team (that isn't really reflected in any stats).

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'm in the same boat, but also want Canucks to clinch 

I would like to see Vegas getting nervous with their game and catch them struggling and by the time they get in, they are still carrying over with nervous game because they do not get a rep with injured players in practice until game 1.  By the time Canucks carrying their game due to playoff-like games against desperate teams in next three weeks.   The Canucks recent adversity they went through was a good learning experience and I think they really did went through a little adversity and a comparison of smallest adversity that teams went are much day and night on what the Canucks went through didn't last long.  So any smallest adversity in the playoffs will be short-lived because we know that they can get rise out from anything they throw against us. 

Look at Vegas' last 4 games, they get easier opponent and it wouldn't help them to prepare for the playoffs.  Vegas will not be facing teams that is desperate enough and their opponents probably choose to tank as much as possible or play a spoiler role and will be loosely freewheeling and may not be in their system are the most dangerous and can throw off a playoff team while the Canucks play much more structured opponents that are preparing for the playoffs in last few weeks.  Also they are in a race for better playoff position in standing with so close that could determine a home ice advantage for round 1 and might be desperate enough to get it separating only a couple of points.  

It is much harder to flick the switch on if the Canucks cruised their way into the playoffs.  The way the schedule is set up is a perfect balance with better rep of preparation that any top team in the past wish they have had those type of warm-up preparation games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think his work ethic also is contagious to others on the team (that isn't really reflected in any stats).

Yep. There's been an attitude shift away from complacency to accountability. I credit JT and Tocchet (and Quinn as well, through his play).

Setting an example is important and JT's certainly done that. He's earned the respect he's getting.

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

or he's slick and shifty and other teams pay extra attention to him. Also, it seems like embellishment is not Tocchet's style.

Only thing Tocchet ever embellished is how hard he beat on other players he fought, as in they turtled and he let up. I would hazard a guess Tic Toc would take a VERY dim view on ANY player on his team using "embellishment" as a go to in theor tool box. Now and then, sure, all players do it but not regularly on  Rick "I-hold-the-Gordie-Howe-hattrick-record" Tocchet team.

Knocked down, Fall down, or what have you, Petey is moving his feet or going for the puck pretty much all the time. I would love for him to work with the Sedins and the Canucks strength coach to pack on 20 lbs but I am sure that discussion has happened with Petey, so .... go Petey go.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, tas said:

How many embellishment penalties does he have? I don't believe he has that reputation at all. 

10 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Of course Mack ties it up. The Avs are terrifying

Nice comeback but they still went down 4-0 against a pretty average team.

Much harder to come back in the playoffs.

Edited by DeNiro
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's a part of Post Benning Stress Disorder.

We're conditioned to think any contract $6+ million will blow up in the teams faces, like Loui Eriksson, and to a lesser extent Myers.

We know there's four lights, but we've suffered so much we start to see five.

We need to shift from Post Benning Stress Disorder to Competent Management Immuno-Effeciency Syndrome. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nice comeback but they still went down 4-0 against a pretty average team.

Much harder to come back in the playoffs.

Average team that beat us not too long ago! But yes you are right, they were asleep to start similar to when the Avs played us they take a bit to wake up

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We need to shift from Post Benning Stress Disorder to Competent Management Immuno-Effeciency Syndrome. 

Yeah I think its like "but Gillis" type stuff.  Its been long enough now since Benning has been gone; time to move on.  We're (us fans & the team) are in a much better place now.  Why dwell on the past?

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Of course Mack ties it up. The Avs are terrifying

The Avs just did exactly what they did to the Canucks in their last meeting.

Late goal in 2nd to give them hope then tying it up in the 3rd. 

Just now, Canucks-12 said:

The Avs just did exactly what they did to the Canucks in their last meeting.

Late goal in 2nd to give them hope then tying it up in the 3rd. 

You mean Mack acted like Lee Harvey Oswald shot him again?

mackinnon-canucks-embellishment.png?form

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

I agree, it will drop somewhat. I can see him still getting up to the sixties 3-4 years from now. Hopefully with some of our younger players in their prime and up and coming prospects doing their part, Miller will be relied on for just secondary scoring.

Exactly. What he said ^^^^^^ Exactly.

Exactly.

He'll see some natural decline but I agree that he'll be relied on in secondary scoring. The way he's wired and his compete won't allow for him dropping off a cliff like some who hated his trade and contract are hoping for ... great leader. More guys like Miller the better. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1