[PGT] Lames at Canucks

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hate to speculate but I'm going to. (Reality is I want him healthy for the playoffs). His skating seems not to be effected, if it is he's only slightly slowed.

Which logic indicates one of four injury areas.

1) Hand/Wrist - Don't think this is likely because he can win at faceoffs.

2) Shoulder. That would effect his shot strength, trying to compensate would throw him off target for passing and shots.

3) Mild concussion. That would be why his passes and shot is off. But he can be laser focused on face/offs so I also think this is doubtful.

4) Rib injury. Maybe not broken but possibly cracked ribs. He's able to play through the pain, but it would effect his shot and long passes.

I'm not a doctor. But I'm thinking its 2 or 4. I hope he gets any help he needs, and is 100% for the playoffs. The sooner we clinch. The team can rest him for a few games.

Funny you suspect shoulder. Watching him last night there was a brief moment when I saw his shoulder droop and his body posture was exactly that if someone favouring their shoulder. From my experience shoulders can be quite nagging. 

I doubt anything concussion or head related as he would not be playing under even a hint of brain injury. Too much is known about the possible repercussions of that in this day and age. 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

7-2-1 in our last 10 and 4-1-1 on this home stand I thought we were struggling?

We had a 9 game stretch where we were struggling, but the team has figured it out an rallied back... what's your point?

Trying to call out people who were accurately assessing the team during that period? Lame.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm not afraid of any team. When healthy, we can beat anyone. Whoever we get in the first round will be tough no matter what. Each round will be a dogfight. The parity is now so really close. I'm not looking for the easy way out. There isn't one. Bring it on! 

This is so true... Just bring it on.

Hate folks pointing towards teams and suggesting they will be easier to beat... 

They did the same about us leading up to the bubble play offs... and when we got done by LA Kings in the 1st round, despite winning the presidents trophy, and last year they said the same before Boston got eliminated...There is a reason those teams reach the play offs....

Just take whom ever we get paired with, show them the respect they deserve, and then take them apart....

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This is so true... Just bring it on.

Hate folks pointing towards teams and suggesting they will be easier to beat... 

They did the same about us leading up to the bubble play offs... and when we got done by LA Kings in the 1st round, despite winning the presidents trophy, and last year they said the same before Boston got eliminated...There is a reason those teams reach the play offs....

Just take whom ever we get paired with, show them the respect they deserve, and then take them apart....

You're right. Just bring it on. Great point about the reactions. Far too many toil in absolutes.

We've been at the top of the league all season. We've dispelled the notion we can't beat top teams. We just need to be healthy and we can beat anyone. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

You're right. Just bring it on. Great point about the reactions. Far too many toil in absolutes.

We've been at the top of the league all season. We've dispelled the notion we can beat top teams. We just need to be healthy and we can beat anyone. 

Very true words. 

• Cheers 3

Jets have lost 3 in a row now. I keep hearing how they may be the favourite to come out of the west but I don’t see them as some unbeatable force. Hellebyuk has played a ton of games and may be fatigued heading in to the playoffs, while in a best case scenario Demko comes back with a few games to go, well rested, and with just enough time to get sharp for the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

We had a 9 game stretch where we were struggling, but the team has figured it out an rallied back... what's your point?

Trying to call out people who were accurately assessing the team during that period? Lame.

“Accurately assessing”? I wouldn’t call it that way, it’s t was more “we suck and just a pretender”. That’s not assessment, that’s a lazy ass comments that’s easy to throw at practically every team in the league at one point of a very long season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Jets have lost 3 in a row now. I keep hearing how they may be the favourite to come out of the west but I don’t see them as some unbeatable force. Hellebyuk has played a ton of games and may be fatigued heading in to the playoffs, while in a best case scenario Demko comes back with a few games to go, well rested, and with just enough time to get sharp for the playoffs.

But, but, but, Toffoli and Monahan are so much better that Lindholm… 🙂 

• Cheers 1