[PGT] Lames at Canucks

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

McMeMe has always been a one man show and Drais is an overrated punk riding his coattails. That was fun to watch last night. 

Hrs going to hit 100 assists this year, in what world is that a one man show?

• Haha 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
12 hours ago, JamesB said:

Different coaches and players have different opinions but teams that have clinched almost always do dial it back at least a bit. You certainly don't want to making plays with a high risk of injury after clinching. It is hard to play at top intensity for a long period and top players do usually "pace themselves". But you don't want to go too far in that direction. Hitting the right balance is not easy but I am confident in Tocchet's judgement.

I'd agree that it's a balance. To me it's more about keeping consistently good habits. At the moment, they are winning and allowing less goals and looking mostly good heading into the playoffs.

17 hours ago, IBatch said:

That playoff gets an asterisk for no fans, but you can't take away how the games were played, or the teams that had their runs either.   The Canucks were one of those teams.   Habs of course, kept it going.    JT Miller had plenty of playoff experience prior to the trade, so did Myers in WNP.   Bluegar has a cup ring.    Know our drafted core didn't get a lot of action, they did pay their dues and earned the right to give it another go.    

The West is stacked this year.    It's not like St. Louis didn't play us hard, or MIN, or Vegas.    And the fans were glued to the TV's not much else to do then.   The reason I was hoping for Soucy this summer, is because he was very good against us.   Hartman too.   Whitecloud in Vegas - guys who at the time were just getting going really...hit and played with ferocity.   

We've probably got the biggest D in the league now.   Also have one of the best ones as well.     Center depth was addressed.   Goaltending big check mark there.     Demko doesn't have to play out of his mind anymore.   That to Allvin and Tochett.     

There is a reason why other fans and other media outlets,  include the Canucks as a contender this season.    Know it might not look like that some nights.    But enough nights it surely has.    And for months, most of the season, one loss was followed with a W.     And pretty sure our record going into the third with the lead, still is at the top, and not just the top, but another level above.    Also pretty sure, that losing streak, and set of ten games, is well in the rear view mirror.   Even without Demko, our record is awesome.    Only Boston can really say that about their top two guys. 

It sucks a bit that the breakout year that we're having is when there are a lot of very strong teams in the West. A lot of the playoffs in my opinion is the matchups. Teams can be great overall but not a very good matchup against certain teams. The way that Nashville is playing right now, it seems like they will keep the 1st wild card spot. They are playing lights out, but don't know if they can catch Winnipeg. 

So do we end up against Vegas, St. Louis, or Minnesota? And do any of the 3 have our number?

11 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I remember when he was first hired, I was a little skeptical and assumed he was coming in as an old school crack-the-whip kind of coach who would almost bully the players in to playing better, and I thought he might have a short shelf life like Tortorella. 

Turns out Tocchet is perhaps the most thoughtful interview in the NHL, and his in depth explanations of his coaching philosophy are second to none. He’s taken such a collaborative approach both with the other coaches and with the players and it is absolutely paying off in a way that I don’t think too many people saw coming. Maybe Jim Rutherford did!

Easy Jack Adam’s winner for me. 

Its just brilliant to listen to Tocchets pressers... He is so informative and well spoken... and yes surely the front runner for the Jack Adams. How this team has been turned around is nothing else than sensational. Just like Allvin will be a stick on for GM of the year. 

Think the best thing about the club now, is how streamlined it all seems to be. All the way from the president to the coaches in Abby..

They don't shy away from taking the hard decisions, as they knows, what they want, and it doesn't matter, who or what you are...

On 3/24/2024 at 2:32 AM, Fan since 82 said:

Yeah I wasn't convinced at the time. Thought his negatives outweighed his positives, and that the contract was too long....I was absolutely wrong! JT will lead us to our first cup!

• Cheers 1

On 3/24/2024 at 3:15 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Ice time for defencemen tonight:

Hughes - 24:20

Hronek - 20:59

Myers - 18:57

Zadorov - 18:30

Soucy - 18:19

Juulsen - 17:09

Cole - 0

So is Zadorov still a 3rd pairing guy?   🤣

Lol way to cherry pick one game to try and invalidate an entire discussion we had. Should I do the same thing next game he plays only 15/16 minutes?

I love Zadorov.  He's a 4/5 guy. He's thriving because the minutes are being spread around. You think it might be possible he got an extra shift or two because he was amped up to play his old team?

Having lots of versatile options is going to great in the playoffs. Look at how much better Myers looks this year with Hronek ahead of him. But again, Z's not worth top 4 defenseman money long term (5/6M+). 

57 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

Lol way to cherry pick one game to try and invalidate an entire discussion we had. Should I do the same thing next game he plays only 15/16 minutes?

I love Zadorov.  He's a 4/5 guy. He's thriving because the minutes are being spread around. You think it might be possible he got an extra shift or two because he was amped up to play his old team?

Having lots of versatile options is going to great in the playoffs. Look at how much better Myers looks this year with Hronek ahead of him. But again, Z's not worth top 4 defenseman money long term (5/6M+). 

Zadorov has been one of our most important players lately. This is not directed at you as others have tried to shit on him. 

Also, if he is a 4/5 Dman that means that he would be playing in the top 4 some nights correct?  There are lots of guys who get paid $4-5 million bucks that are inferior to Zadorov. But whenever that gets brought up it is always that those GM’s were just dumb. 

At the end of the day, Zadorov is a huge part of this team. I have no problem paying him up to $5 million per year. If we can get him at $4.5 million even better. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, NucksNation said:

If this Petey line keeps it up who else wants to see Joshua with Miller and Boeser? That line would wreak havoc in the playoffs. Have Suter-Lindholm-Mik as a shutdown line. Podz-Blueger-Lafferty as energy line. 

Looks like they read my comment. Joshua with Miller and Boes.