[PGT] Lames at Canucks

3 minutes ago, Johnny said:

They have more wins, wins is the first points tie breaker

No, regulation wins matter more.  Just read the NHL rules.  

NHL Hockey Standings | NHL.com

Tie-Breaking Procedure
If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:
  1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., 'Regulation Wins'). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e., 'Total Wins'). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well that was a great game to take the kids to for their first game!

Gotta say Roger's Arena was a wonderful atmosphere.  Went and saw Fin pregame. Had him sign the girls jerseys. They got free popcorn, free doughnuts.

Just all around awesome experience! 

And we won!

Go Canucks Go!

Glad you are having a great trip from Alaska!

As an added bonus- cherries just started blooming

Enjoy!

• Cheers 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Hoglander breakaway goal was the nicest I've seen a Canuck score in a long while.

Canucks need to learn not to give up goals in the last 2 minutes of a period.

Not to rag on DeSmith. If that was a healthy Demko he would have stopped at least one of those goals.

A win is a win. And he's getting better. And the team is playing fantastic in front of him.

• Like 1
  • Desmenko 3